HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Predator and the assault rifle

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PUNISHER88

PUNISHER88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted February 12 2014 - 10:08 PM

Question to everyone and especially the developers...

Where is the assault rifle for the predator_

In the opening video and the Hawken website it specifically shows the predator using the assault rifle, why does it not show up as one of the weapons and why is there that fuzzy bunny puck launcher. The predator needs a faster shooting gun since it already has the mine launcher. So what i am trying to say is remove the puck launcher for the love of GOD, no even better remove it from the game and give the predator the assault rifle...

Sorry to have repeated myself a couple of time but this really annoys me.

Any thoughts, please post what you think and if need be we can even start a petition....

Attached Files

#2 spaXXX

spaXXX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 12:59 AM

You forget that you can change chasis. Therefore that can be CRT with Pred Look. Simple deception. :)

#3 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted February 13 2014 - 06:56 AM

It's actually the AM-SARin the video, and I think the Predator is fine where it is. Why would you want to remove the EOC-Predator_ It's the Predator's unique weapon that has a lot of utility.

Edited by Silverfire, February 13 2014 - 06:56 AM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#4 PUNISHER88

PUNISHER88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted February 13 2014 - 04:35 PM

Sorry guys I should have been more specific instead of saying puck launcher. The predator eoc mine launcher is a great weapon and tool, what I was referring to was the level 5 unlock. The larger eoc launcher is the weapon that I despise, it's slow, generates a lot of heat and the damage is trash even when the stats say otherwise. Also in the video the left weapon the predator is using is the assault rifle seen by its automatic firing capabilities and the right is the am-sar. So in conclusion what I am trying to state is that the predator has been left vulnerable. By the lack of any rapid fire weapon, the weapons that it possess are slow fire, heat generators that leave you high and dry in a fight if you are not micro managing your shots. This is the reason why not many use this fantastic machine, instead they use the infiltrator because of its guns.

#5 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted February 13 2014 - 05:20 PM

Because it's a precomposed CG video, hell the weapons on the mechs even change in between shots in the full cinematic trailer. It's not actual gameplay.
Posted Image

#6 PUNISHER88

PUNISHER88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted February 14 2014 - 01:17 AM

Beef I get this is a CG video, last time i checked the mechs didn't morph and rearrange. What i am trying to say is the weapons that they showed for Predator should have been added to the actual mech. Instead they add a complete different weapon scheme, and may I add it wasnt a great one. All the secondary weapons are single fire with a large heat accumulation rate, not the best choice for a hit and run guerrilla tactic machine.
Just saying, I just want to hear what the current players think of the weapon choices and if they should be changed for something more helpful.

Please post your thoughts.
Thanks....

#7 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted February 14 2014 - 04:14 AM

View PostPUNISHER88, on February 14 2014 - 01:17 AM, said:

Beef I get this is a CG video, last time i checked the mechs didn't morph and rearrange. What i am trying to say is the weapons that they showed for Predator should have been added to the actual mech.

Going to have to correct you again: the video clearly shows the Predator with dual wielding AM-SARs, so the video is untrue to the actual game. Also note that the video is older than OB, so the devs don't really have the time to correct it. It remains CG for pure entertainment purposes.

Even though the EOC-P is hard to use, maybe it's supposed to be difficult. Maybe it takes skill to play that mech. God forbid they make a mech hard to use to raise the skill ceiling. The Predator, ever since its addition to OB, has been one of the best balanced mechs.

You kind of have to play the Pred backwards. Use the EOC-P like a primary and use the Breacher like a secondary. Don't put pucks in obvious places because you won't get kills like that. Remember, the Pred isn't designed for CQC in-your-face combat which is what sustained fire weapons are for. It just doesn't fit the intended playstyle of the mech. It's supposed to hang back and pepper the opponent with mines and Breacher shots. It sets up traps, but it has to be a good trap or else nobody will fall for it. The T32 is great for surprise attacks and alpha strikes and gives you a more forgiving option if you are caught in a tight spot. Eoc-R gives it more mine capabilities.

I always have fun playing the Pred because it's difficult to use but very rewarding if you get it right. Changes for the Pred_ Of course. I think the heat gen could be toned down a smidgen and the damage be adjusted slightly,but other than that, I feel like the Predator is in a decent place.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users