HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

TOW vs. GL_

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Elladan

Elladan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 02:20 PM

View PostMuffintrumpet, on February 20 2014 - 03:35 AM, said:

airbursting TOWs behind Turrets from the front is something that any half-way proficient TOW user will be able to accomplish regularly

so it seems that I never met any :P

btw as I finally got some weapon I can use somewhat like efficiently on brawler I had some more time and possiility to play with TOW....

and actually....
I still like GL more :)
"There are only 10 types of people: those who konws, binary, those who don't and those whoa were not expecting a jok about tetriary...."

"cause I am the VANGUARD"[pic W.I.P here]

#22 mrvile

mrvile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted February 24 2014 - 05:33 AM

View PostElladan, on February 20 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

View PostMuffintrumpet, on February 20 2014 - 03:35 AM, said:

airbursting TOWs behind Turrets from the front is something that any half-way proficient TOW user will be able to accomplish regularly

so it seems that I never met any :P

btw as I finally got some weapon I can use somewhat like efficiently on brawler I had some more time and possiility to play with TOW....

and actually....
I still like GL more :)

I think TOW is better suited for mobility classes like Berserker and Scout. I'm loving the TOW on my Assault. On a C-class mech I'd rather have something else, but I really don't like playing C-class.

#23 Zanozus

Zanozus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted February 24 2014 - 06:16 AM

LOL. "TOW vs GL".
What about Corsair _ Corsair GL has the lowest DPS in the game (except Repair Torch) and arcuate trajectory. It doesn't have manual detonation or ricochet. And it has damage per shot lower than Grenade Launcher.
Corsair MIRV has a bit higher damage per shot than GL (130 vs 125) but it is short-ranged shotgun with bad refire rate and DPS.

WTF _!

Edited by Zanozus, February 24 2014 - 06:38 AM.

#24 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted February 24 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostZanozus, on February 24 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

LOL. "TOW vs GL".
What about Corsair _ Corsair GL has the lowest DPS in the game (except Repair Torch) and arcuate trajectory. It doesn't have manual detonation or ricochet. And it has damage per shot lower than Grenade Launcher.
Corsair MIRV has a bit higher damage per shot than GL (130 vs 125) but it is short-ranged shotgun with bad refire rate and DPS.

WTF _!

Corsair got wrecked this patch, it needs changes badly and soon. When I see a Raider (that can't aim), it's an easy kill.

Edited by Stingz, March 28 2014 - 11:07 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#25 Amisto

Amisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted March 28 2014 - 11:02 AM

Bump, never heard back on this,  Gl has a slower refire rate than tow, considering Tow used to fire slower than GL, and now fires faster, I am failing to see the logic, they should be equal, as tow already has pro's and con's and so does the GL, damage and fire rate should be equal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users