HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Technician + Incinerator

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Vectos

Vectos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 07:37 PM

Now, It's probably too early to say, and I am pretty new here so take this with a gain of salt, but this combination seems like it might be a bit too potent if played correctly. A high armor, high sustained damage mech that has the ability to siphon heat from nearby (ally) mechs_ If a technician or two who know how to stay mobile and lay on the heals focus on this mech, they could potentially heal it continuously without rick of overheating.

For Invasion, it might trivialize any other mech combination. For any PvP modes...the technicians can still be focused by burst mechs. But with the current dodge mechanics, those Technicians can be very hard to take out even with a burst mech. And while they are still standing, that Incinerator will be laying down the hurt very sustainability, very fast. With the proper internals and items between the two, and enough skill, I don't think any one mech could reliably end their killing spree.

I'm just worried that this might drag the trinity of classes into this game and shove it right into the meta...in just 2 mechs. And I'm worried that the trinity would be here to stay. I don't want another generic PvP playstyle game. I really enjoy the near equal viability of each mech and each tactic in this game, it keeps things fresh and exciting.

But this is just my longshot guess based on many assumptions and opinions.

Thoughts_

#2 Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 07:56 PM

I don't think the heat reduction from the incinerator will be enough to keep a tech from over heating for that much longer. The heat siphon will probably be something appreciable but just barely noticeable.

The synergy is definitely there though, and I'm curious to see how it does near other sustain damage mechs.

Edited by Hyginos, February 13 2014 - 07:56 PM.

On second thought let's not go to #hawkenscrim. Tis a silly place.
Watch me pretend to be good at Hawken (Twitch).
...And recordings thereof (Youtube)

#3 HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 01:25 AM

Well, the new TTK didn't completely neuter the Technician. It's just that its effectiveness now completely depends on what class it attaches itself to. Currently, C types are the best, with a turret mode Vanguard being the top slot.

With that said, I think the Incinerator could definitely be up there for Technician combos. Possibly unlimited healing from Heat Absorption + Incinerator dumping its own heat with the SAARE Launcher and Heat Dispersion = Why does the Technician still have healing_

Edited by HugeGuts, February 14 2014 - 01:26 AM.

#4 Vectos

Vectos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 07:54 PM

My fears are pretty much confirmed. Incinerator pretty much eliminates the mechanic of heat for the it allies. I'm able to heal it all day long in my technician and, as long as I dodge right and place shields at oh-sh*t, this combo is pretty unbeatable. Amazing for...well....everything. Too amazing in my opinion.

Hopefully they balance it out instead of building the game off of it. This mech removes one of the core balancing mechanics in the game while still being one of the best C classes on its own.

#5 Igni5

Igni5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 10:07 AM

I don't think the heat absorption is so high that it really helps a tight grouping of allies that much, since that can also make a tight grouping susceptible to a good flanking and getting taken out.

Nonetheless, the combination of a tech and incin that stay on the move can make a beastly hunting pack. Still, I did have one moment where the tech dropping a barrier stopped me from firing on a good chase made by the opposition, swooping around picking us off in a snap. So, their next move was to sweep around that and pretty quickly take us out. But, that's just another reminder that cooperation is always important.

#6 SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationThe country of tea and crumpets

Posted February 15 2014 - 11:01 AM

I recently bought the Incinerator, and I can confirm this is true.
It's easy:
Have a tech repairing you. The heat from the tech on top of the heat that the minigun produces allows you to bring a barrage of fireballs on your enemies a lot faster while only using the heat from the minigun.
The tech will constantly be supplying you both health and the necessary heat to power your weapons, while you offer it cover and something to heal so it can get it's own health back. It's a near unbeatable pair.
Posted Image

#7 HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 06:38 PM

After some more testing, I can say this about the Technician - It's still no fun to play against.

#8 vipster

vipster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 08:36 PM

Yup I tried this out yesterday and it worked like a charm (read below)

Prerequisites:
1) A full team with other A/B class that can skirmish.
2) An incinerator that is willing to protect the tech.
3) The rest of the team playing with no techs.

Problems:
1) Hostility against techs...tech was singled out time and time again.
2) If the incinerator isnt pulling its weight, then the tech is useless for the entirety of the match

View PostHyginos, on February 13 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

I don't think the heat reduction from the incinerator will be enough to keep a tech from over heating for that much longer. The heat siphon will probably be something appreciable but just barely noticeable.

Nope...works really well. Didnt try it with the Hawkins but redox worked without any shutdown

Edited by vipster, February 15 2014 - 08:38 PM.

#9 irish_00

irish_00

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationKiev

Posted February 16 2014 - 06:15 AM

nothing generic or casual. working as intended.

#10 Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationJoono Araska

Posted February 28 2014 - 03:26 PM

The tech will only generate heat using it's beam when it's dealing damage or actually healing so if an ally is at max hp it doesn't get heat. I prefer a tech that hangs back and tops everybody off before they return into the fray than a pocket healer because of this.

#11 mechpilot6666

mechpilot6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 28 2014 - 09:06 PM

View PostHyginos, on February 13 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

The synergy is definitely there though, and I'm curious to see how it does near other sustain damage mechs.

Actually 've played as a tech on an incinerator.... and I never overheated even though I NEVER stopped healing. Only time I got into a bit of heat trouble is when I started shooting while healing. and even then I got to 3/4 heat before I stopped shooting and I kept healing without issue.

#12 FirstRaven

FirstRaven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of an A Class mecha- behind you.

Posted March 03 2014 - 07:27 AM

Good thing there's all those Sharpshooters and Reapers out there that almost everyone likes to grumble about.
Take out the tech first with a SS/Reaper- rock, paper, scissors...

#13 mechpilot6666

mechpilot6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted March 03 2014 - 10:11 AM

The SS has been changed so much and turned into a completely boring sniper. I loved it back in the day, now I can't play it for more than a few matches without being bored out of my skull.

Anyway on topic. I've never been plinked by a sniper in my tech, there's too much cover on every map and the beam stretches far enough to make it not matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users