HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Purge/Move "Mech Hangar" section threads after significant patches (see: Ascension, Steam ver.)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted February 16 2014 - 05:36 AM

I am not sure how much longer HAWKEN's tendency for volatile patching will continue, but even if it ends tonight this suggestion is worth considering.

A lot of the information in the Mech Hangar is out of date or simply wrong. As such, leaving old threads there can cause a lot of confusion and generally clutters up current discussions. I believe the Mech Hangar would benefit from occasional purges whenever a patch or series of patches changes aspects of the game in such a way that prior discussions are no longer relevant (e.g. now).

MH Purges should remove threads created before the date of a major patch or whenever it is deemed that the game has changed such that total changes is equivalent to a major change in the meta-game. Purges can be either pointed (e.g. just Weapons after a weapon balance pass) or full. Old threads do not necessarily need to be deleted; moving them to another section similar to what was done in CB or HAB would suffice.

I have reason to believe the Mech Hangar would be much more informative if said information is kept up to date using this system.

Thank you for reading.

It was fun while it lasted.

#2 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted February 16 2014 - 05:45 AM

Posted Image

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users