HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The new map

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted February 17 2014 - 08:58 AM

Poor design , really , I feel like it's made to cool off our yearning for a new map !!! Open maps aren't very good for the current build of the game , you know ... snipers and oppression is very effective -more than normal-

The bunker map is so small , but very open , I'm not sure if there's any possibility to add some (or even a lot) of cover structures to the map ... it will make things better

Posted Image

#2 Trych

Trych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 09:11 AM

An actual BUNKER would be nice....

ideas are bad

#3 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted February 17 2014 - 09:43 AM

View PostTrych, on February 17 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

An actual BUNKER would be nice....

I thought this too. I expected a real castle but instead we get a tiny launchpad.

Or atleast some udnerground action but nooooooo my mech freezes in the endless winter desert on the surface.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#4 KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Locationsaving money..

Posted February 17 2014 - 10:10 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on February 17 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

I feel like it's made to cool off our yearning for a new map
there wasnt even much talk about it, mainly just the incinerator, its ironic actually, Incinerator and a snowy map_ they are polar opposites (mind the pun)

Edited by KOS_Baconman, February 17 2014 - 10:10 AM.

Posted Image

#5 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted February 20 2014 - 02:39 PM

This is first map which I absolutely would skip if it were an option... Even Last Eco w/ Hellfires was at least enjoyable from a visual standpoint.  Besides being less ideal balanced, it's boring.
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#6 Vhaidren

Vhaidren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 04:27 AM

Agreed, I can't stand this map. I groan every time it comes up. It's so small and so open, there's no strategy, no tactics, its just a massive cluster fuzzy bunny.

Not. Fun.

#7 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted March 15 2014 - 01:00 PM

moar second floor on the bunker would be nice too

#8 BOD33SU3T

BOD33SU3T

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted March 20 2014 - 09:09 PM

I think a second floor would compound the problems unless it was closed and didn't overlook the map in any way

#9 PhasmaFelis

PhasmaFelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted March 20 2014 - 10:27 PM

Am I the only one who kinda likes Bunker_ It's different. Variety is nice. I get a chance to practice my sniping without getting constantly blindsided by Scouts and Assaults. It's nice and open, unlike Hawken's typically cluttered environments, but it's not like it's a flat plain; you can't spot an enemy across the map unless you're both standing on top of hills.

#10 LeeHarveyOz

LeeHarveyOz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted March 25 2014 - 06:10 AM

View PostPhasmaFelis, on March 20 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

Am I the only one who kinda likes Bunker_ It's different. Variety is nice. I get a chance to practice my sniping without getting constantly blindsided by Scouts and Assaults. It's nice and open, unlike Hawken's typically cluttered environments, but it's not like it's a flat plain; you can't spot an enemy across the map unless you're both standing on top of hills.
Said every Reaper player ever.
I agree though, it couldn't be further from say, wreckage.
Although a bunker would be good.

#11 XyXly

XyXly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted March 26 2014 - 08:12 AM

Bunker should be called not-bunker

#12 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted March 26 2014 - 12:01 PM

The day I saw Bunker, it reminded me of MechWarrior's rolling hills, the same ones that frequently hid jump-sniping LRM boats.

Since then, my opinion has not changed in the slightest; in fact, I'm fairly sure LRM boats are exactly how you are supposed to play that map. It's almost a shame, but at the same time it's quite nostalgic_

It was fun while it lasted.

#13 bkcat1

bkcat1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOuter space, destroying worlds

Posted March 30 2014 - 09:06 PM

I don't see an issue with having a map that is slightly different from Hawken's existing maps that have a lot of cover. Even the more open maps like Bazaar and Last Eco have plenty of cover, if you know the maps well.

While I WAS disappointed that Bunker didn't have an accessible underground complex, it's still refreshing to be able to move around more than usual. :D

#14 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted March 31 2014 - 07:23 AM

I like the Bunker map's openness, it certainty makes it fun to play as Reaper, since you actually have to assassinate enemy mechs, not just pick them off from rather unfair snipe nests (guilty) in maps like Origin.

I'd like to see flatter maps though, something like the Last Eco map but not crowded with rocks and earth, more plants and enormous trees to provide cover and ambush potential.

I'd also like to see tighter, closer urban warfare maps that operate best with assault mechs and heavies like the Brawler. As an avid sniper and, regrettably, camper, I personally find maps that provide snipers with the advantage rather irritating (and also extremely fun) since the best way to survive on such maps is to find a nice perch, roost for a while and laugh as unsuspecting players get slaughtered while you just wait watch and let off one or two shots.

In short I want to see a map that requires players to build their close/mid range combat skills, and I understand that is unfair to snipers, but snipers already have the unfair advantage on all the other maps.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#15 IrrepresibleForce

IrrepresibleForce

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLost in a field of lead rain

Posted September 29 2014 - 01:42 PM

As an avid reaper player, I have to love bunker. However, I don't camp. I take advantage of the reaper's mobility, quick repair (because of the low health), and strategically placed hills along the outside to move constantly and pick off any airborne mechs or (:D) static noobs.
Must admit, there is a serious lack of close combat maps in this game.

#16 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted October 10 2014 - 04:53 PM

IrrepresibleForce, on September 29 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

As an avid reaper player, I have to love bunker. However, I don't camp. I take advantage of the reaper's mobility, quick repair (because of the low health), and strategically placed hills along the outside to move constantly and pick off any airborne mechs or ( :D) static noobs.
Must admit, there is a serious lack of close combat maps in this game.

Well Uptown and Origin I consider close combat.  No maps are especially large though Bazaar is a good sized map.  Bunker, Bazaar and Last Eco are all very open and frontline nicely mixes things.  Wreckage is close range inside the ship and more mid range outside.  Prosk is mid and close range with only a couple good sniper lanes.  Facility is fairly open but if you know how to play the terrain you can brawl or do mid/long range stuff.  There is always brawling inside the underground facility itself.  But there is no padded room to duke it out in that is super compressed no.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users