HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Incinerator B3-AR: MAMA

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationUS East - Florida

Posted February 18 2014 - 05:53 PM

Reposting this in a more relevant area:

I love the incinerator so far as my first mech. The B3-AR was pretty good for me, getting consistent damage and kills while dispersing heat through my Sabre launcher. It was glorious.

I never used the Incinerator ability by the way, as it is absolutely useless, has no range worth a damn, and just leaves you open to die. I just dont bother with it anymore.

But I worked and slaved and grinded my way to get the Rank 5 weapon, the B3-AR: MAMA or whatever it was called. The stats sounded perfect. According to the stats [see attached picture], it was more accurate (ding), more damage (ding), same rate of fire, a LOWER heat rate (ding), and same effective range. Surely this would make up for the lack of a useful ability for the Incinerator_

After finally unlocking it, I was severely disappointed. Either something is wrong with the weapon or the stats and description are wrong. It has a MUCH slower rate of fire. It doesn't shoot mostly straight like the standard weapon, but curves and travels with the speed of a paper airplane. It is inaccurate, so slow even when spun up, and makes you overheat so fast its virtually guaranteed in a teamfight with you absorbing everyone elses heat too.

You cant use it alone in a duel, because they will dodge it easily. And you can't use it in a teamfight because you are guaranteed to overheat, and most of your shots will be wasted hitting your teammates dodging in front because the projectiles are so amazingly slow and inaccurate. I thought I would be getting a cool new gatling gun, and it does appear to be one. But it starts firing at a whopping 3 rps and caps at what would seem like 6 rps.

I feel like I wasted so much time and points grinding for this thing, and leveling up a mech to get a horrible weapon. I was at the top of most games, and whenever I use this I am at the bottom.

Whereas my friend just unlocked his new OP Berzerker weapon to go with his already OP Berzerker ability. I have a massively underpowered weapon to go with my massively underpowered ability.

Any thoughts from other incinerators_

tl;dr STAY AWAY FROM THE MAMA

Edit: I figured out the problem, and the benefit I was missing.

I did not know about the utility fire, because I never tried it and was never told about it.

It takes more heat, and has more AOE (read: easier to hit with) and with M4MA disperses enough heat if you exclusively use that mode. I finally figured out how to use this weapon and keep it spun up without overheating. M4MA's adjusted heat allow it just enough to keep the salvo of mega death fire balls coming, and I have seen more people run from just the sight of them coming towards a chokepoint then ever.

The stats still make no sense, and it is still useless as an actual weapon as long as it is so easy to dodge and the travel time, spin up, and rate of fire are so slow. I understand balance, but it should have the same rate of fire as BBY in my opinion, especially going against vulcans.

Attached Files

Edited by CptCoy, February 20 2014 - 12:28 AM.

"Hey Ridley, you got any Beeman's_"
"Yeah, I think I might got me a stick."
"Loan me some will you, I'll pay you back later"

- Cpt. Chuck Yeager / Lt. Jack Ridley, The Right Stuff

#2 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 05:56 PM

Basically why isn't the B3-AR: MAMA just a better version of the standard B3-AR_

It should be better, or at least as effective as the weapon it is an upgrade of. Overall, it is nowhere as effective, and anyone I have heard has unlocked it doesn't use it. It is way too underpowered.  It should still be at least as accurate and have a higher rate of fire than it does. It is near impossible to use, and a waste of 6000+ points for me.

The effective range is nowhere near the same as advertised. It says in the description it has a high rate of fire and is great for suppression. Neither is true, the idea of using this for suppression is laughable.

Its only benefit for me is it's heat output giving me more rockets, and overheating more quickly isn't really a good thing if thats the only "plus". At least thats the only use I've found for it, I can kill heavies faster because most of my rockets connect, and I have more chances to hit the Light mechs as well. I'm going to save up for the Papa and compare, because it has the same heat rate and should at least be useful at the same time.

I still don't know how the fire rate is so wrong according to stats. Can anyone who has used the Mama back me up here, it is significantly slower at both min and max speeds right_

#3 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted February 18 2014 - 06:00 PM

CptCoy, on February 18 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I love the incinerator so far as my first mech. The B3-AR was pretty good for me, getting consistent damage and kills while dispersing heat through my Sabre launcher. It was glorious.[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I never used the Incinerator ability by the way, as it is absolutely useless, has no range worth a damn, and just leaves you open to die. I just dont bother with it anymore.[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]But I worked and slaved and grinded my way to get the Rank 5 weapon, the B3-AR: MAMA or whatever it was called. The stats sounded perfect. According to the stats [see attached picture], it was more accurate (ding), more damage (ding), same rate of fire, a LOWER heat rate (ding), and same effective range. Surely this would make up for the lack of a useful ability for the Incinerator_[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]After finally unlocking it, I was severely disappointed. Either something is wrong with the weapon or the stats and description are wrong. It has a MUCH slower rate of fire. It doesn't shoot mostly straight like the standard weapon, but curves and travels with the speed of a paper airplane. It is inaccurate, so slow even when spun up, and makes you overheat so fast its virtually guaranteed in a teamfight with you absorbing everyone elses heat too.[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You cant use it alone in a duel, because they will dodge it easily. And you can't use it in a teamfight because you are guaranteed to overheat, and most of your shots will be wasted hitting your teammates dodging in front because the projectiles are so amazingly slow and inaccurate. I thought I would be getting a cool new gatling gun, and it does appear to be one. But it starts firing at a whopping 3 rps and caps at what would seem like 6 rps.[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I feel like I wasted so much time and points grinding for this thing, and leveling up a mech to get a horrible weapon. I was at the top of most games, and whenever I use this I am at the bottom. [/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Whereas my friend just unlocked his new OP Berzerker weapon to go with his already OP Berzerker ability. I have a massively underpowered weapon to go with my massively underpowered ability.[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Any thoughts from other incinerators_[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]tl;dr STAY AWAY FROM THE MAMA[/font]
it my be a bug like the mechs ability*

its been not working as it should
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#4 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 06:50 PM

ropefish, on February 18 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

I love the incinerator so far as my first mech. The B3-AR was pretty good for me, getting consistent damage and kills while dispersing heat through my Sabre launcher. It was glorious.

I never used the Incinerator ability by the way, as it is absolutely useless, has no range worth a damn, and just leaves you open to die. I just dont bother with it anymore.

But I worked and slaved and grinded my way to get the Rank 5 weapon, the B3-AR: MAMA or whatever it was called. The stats sounded perfect. According to the stats [see attached picture], it was more accurate (ding), more damage (ding), same rate of fire, a LOWER heat rate (ding), and same effective range. Surely this would make up for the lack of a useful ability for the Incinerator_

After finally unlocking it, I was severely disappointed. Either something is wrong with the weapon or the stats and description are wrong. It has a MUCH slower rate of fire. It doesn't shoot mostly straight like the standard weapon, but curves and travels with the speed of a paper airplane. It is inaccurate, so slow even when spun up, and makes you overheat so fast its virtually guaranteed in a teamfight with you absorbing everyone elses heat too.

You cant use it alone in a duel, because they will dodge it easily. And you can't use it in a teamfight because you are guaranteed to overheat, and most of your shots will be wasted hitting your teammates dodging in front because the projectiles are so amazingly slow and inaccurate. I thought I would be getting a cool new gatling gun, and it does appear to be one. But it starts firing at a whopping 3 rps and caps at what would seem like 6 rps.

I feel like I wasted so much time and points grinding for this thing, and leveling up a mech to get a horrible weapon. I was at the top of most games, and whenever I use this I am at the bottom.

Whereas my friend just unlocked his new OP Berzerker weapon to go with his already OP Berzerker ability. I have a massively underpowered weapon to go with my massively underpowered ability.

Any thoughts from other incinerators_

tl;dr STAY AWAY FROM THE MAMA

Yeah, I thought it was just me, but I swear no one takes any damage when I use it sometimes, and just leaves me frozen in place to die.

I swear there just has to be something wrong with it.

#5 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted February 18 2014 - 07:09 PM

CptCoy, on February 18 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

ropefish, on February 18 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I love the incinerator so far as my first mech. The B3-AR was pretty good for me, getting consistent damage and kills while dispersing heat through my Sabre launcher. It was glorious.[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I never used the Incinerator ability by the way, as it is absolutely useless, has no range worth a damn, and just leaves you open to die. I just dont bother with it anymore.[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]But I worked and slaved and grinded my way to get the Rank 5 weapon, the B3-AR: MAMA or whatever it was called. The stats sounded perfect. According to the stats [see attached picture], it was more accurate (ding), more damage (ding), same rate of fire, a LOWER heat rate (ding), and same effective range. Surely this would make up for the lack of a useful ability for the Incinerator_[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]After finally unlocking it, I was severely disappointed. Either something is wrong with the weapon or the stats and description are wrong. It has a MUCH slower rate of fire. It doesn't shoot mostly straight like the standard weapon, but curves and travels with the speed of a paper airplane. It is inaccurate, so slow even when spun up, and makes you overheat so fast its virtually guaranteed in a teamfight with you absorbing everyone elses heat too.[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You cant use it alone in a duel, because they will dodge it easily. And you can't use it in a teamfight because you are guaranteed to overheat, and most of your shots will be wasted hitting your teammates dodging in front because the projectiles are so amazingly slow and inaccurate. I thought I would be getting a cool new gatling gun, and it does appear to be one. But it starts firing at a whopping 3 rps and caps at what would seem like 6 rps.[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I feel like I wasted so much time and points grinding for this thing, and leveling up a mech to get a horrible weapon. I was at the top of most games, and whenever I use this I am at the bottom. [/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Whereas my friend just unlocked his new OP Berzerker weapon to go with his already OP Berzerker ability. I have a massively underpowered weapon to go with my massively underpowered ability.[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Any thoughts from other incinerators_[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]tl;dr STAY AWAY FROM THE MAMA[/font]

Yeah, I thought it was just me, but I swear no one takes any damage when I use it sometimes, and just leaves me frozen in place to die.

I swear there just has to be something wrong with it.
oh they just released patch notes for it what odds_
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#6 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 07:30 PM

I saw an update for PPA not for MMA, or the ability. I may have missed something though.

#7 motakudgi

motakudgi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 03:25 PM

MMA got a bit buffed, too, because we can spam big saare projectiles instead of small ones - and that's good.
But MMA projectile velocity is so crazy - it can be easily avoided at close range even without dodging (just walk and mma will miss).

So, incinerators now have 2 nice weapons. I hope, devs will balance mma, too. Nice idea, bad realization.

#8 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 10:07 PM

And it overheats 50% faster now, so it is even more impossible to use because you can't keep firing for more than a couple seconds, even with the slow spin up and slower travel time. You might as well have it fire nothing at all and just exclusively generate heat at this point. This weapon is a complete joke, and was a waste of my time and HC. I unlocked a mech that cannot compete at higher levels the way it is, and a weapon that can't compete with anybody, not even the standard BBY.

The idea that this is the highest prestige weapon you unlock for this mech is appalling and laughable and leaves a bitter taste in my mouth for leveling up a mech that was fun and effective up until this point.

Edit: I found out how to manage the heat with the utility fire and the benefit of sustained alternate fire with increased AOE, but as an actual weapon it still feels useless. A majority of my kills go to someone else because I cannot mop up with M4MA like I did with BBY. I will have to give PPA a shot

Edited by CptCoy, February 20 2014 - 12:25 AM.

#9 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 10:43 PM

[deleted]

Edited by CptCoy, February 20 2014 - 12:23 AM.

#10 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 20 2014 - 01:37 AM

Unfortunately Mama has an obscenely slow projectile speed, which means it tends to be very ineffective against agile targets.
A sustained weapon that has slow projectiles is just bad news.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#11 Goyo

Goyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 03:53 AM

Mama and Saare can now be fired indefinitely when saare in in secondary mode.  Sucks that it seems less effective and more fragile to balance the heat.  Overheating on an incinerator means death.

Stick with baby. It is more effective.

Edited by Goyo, February 20 2014 - 03:54 AM.

#12 Kryjeck

Kryjeck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationBillings, Montana

Posted February 28 2014 - 08:47 PM

I have found Mama to have a drop roughly equal to the Saare, The best thing I do is find a choke point the enemy likes to hole up in and just keep Mama rolling while launching fireballs of DOOM. I've over heated a few times due to pulling a lot of heat from my allies, but if you can manage it just unload all you have and watch them run. Also if you know some one is just around a corner the AOE from the utility will give them a good few hits till they realize that they shouldn't have tried repairing there.

Posted Image

#13 Phantasmo

Phantasmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 11:23 AM

I was hoping the last weapon would be better than the first but it seems it's not.
I unlocked the second gun, I can't remember the name.
It's awful.
I'll write a thread about it.

#14 Aetrion

Aetrion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 11:31 AM

The ability on the Incinerator is definitely fuzzy bunny, though I love the general idea of a heavy that has a shoulder mounted weapon system instead of just shields.

The M4MA isn't that bad of a weapon if you are playing in a pure support role, but you're completely screwed if you get attacked by a flying opponent with it.

I actually think the worst aspect of the M4MA is the whole "enemies generate more heat" thing, because it's honestly total BS. I have never once won a fight because my opponent overheated with that weapon.

#15 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 01:02 PM

Yup, I have poured so many M4MA rounds into a heavy that should be close to overheating already anyway, and have never once seen it make anyone overheat.

I have completely stopped playing Incinerator because past a certain skill level it just can't compete against other mechs, especially ones in the air.

BBY is sometimes viable, but M4MA and PPA are a waste of time and points to unlock.

#16 Phantasmo

Phantasmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 02:32 PM

So we have a mech whose only guns are gatling guns and none of them behave like a gatling gun.
I'm disappointed too, I wish the primary gun had more weight in this mech's mechanics. It seems to be just a way to power up the secondary.

#17 YouLosexD

YouLosexD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 09:27 AM

It's actually amusing to read some of the feedback here. Why you guys keep using mama/papa as a primary weapon_ I use mama and I love it, spam saare every second or so with the vertical mode. Even against flying mechs.. What is the problem_ Can't you aim_ If I don't kill an A/B mech flying to me I will at least lower his HP down to 1/3 within few seconds and finish off with F ability with 1/3 HP spare. Yes it's not easy against 2 but how often do you get 2 Mechs above your head if you stick with your team__

It is literally one of the best dmg mechs out there.

#18 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 09:42 AM

YouLosexD, on March 17 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

It's actually amusing to read some of the feedback here. Why you guys keep using mama/papa as a primary weapon_ I use mama and I love it, spam saare every second or so with the vertical mode. Even against flying mechs.. What is the problem_ Can't you aim_ If I don't kill an A/B mech flying to me I will at least lower his HP down to 1/3 within few seconds and finish off with F ability with 1/3 HP spare. Yes it's not easy against 2 but how often do you get 2 Mechs above your head if you stick with your team__

The problem is that it is just a glorified heat generator and not an actual weapon. And I don't know if you have ever attempted to use PPA but that gun has all of it's own problems when it comes to heat management, and still is not very viable as a weapon or heat generator because spin up and cool down times are ridiculous.

#19 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 17 2014 - 10:10 AM

CptCoy, on March 17 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

YouLosexD, on March 17 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

The problem is that it is just a glorified heat generator and not an actual weapon. And I don't know if you have ever attempted to use PPA but that gun has all of it's own problems when it comes to heat management, and still is not very viable as a weapon or heat generator because spin up and cool down times are ridiculous.

P4PA is somehow a burst-automatic, the DPS when it is firing is ludicrous. You need SAARE in big-shot mode as coolant between and during the short bursts.

The description of P4PA is right, it takes a lot of effort and experience to keep it revved while keeping the heat under control.
While the P4PA is firing, skip aiming the SAARE it won't work and will hurt the P4PAs DPS.

Edited by Stingz, March 17 2014 - 10:11 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#20 YouLosexD

YouLosexD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 10:37 AM

Hey,

No I haven't used P4PA purely because I think mama does just fine. I am also not keen on Baby as it doesn't generate enough heat for me and I think those small balls bit too weak, splash is fuzzy bunny and doesn't separate small groups of mechs like the Mama mixed with Saare Vertical mode. Mama like majority of weapons its useless for  long range anyway,, so I use it just to spin up and fire Saare - which is fun as I had guys get hit from a very long distance crying that it's like meteors from space. :D

Also the vertical mode is perfect weapon to kill those pesky mechs running away after the corner - something that even Vanguard slightly behind on with the grenades.

As to regards to spin up - I always have heat on almost full so I can fire off 2 Saares - by the time I shoot that off, Saare disorientates the opponent enough for me to spin up Mama to start spamming Saare again.

Edited by YouLosexD, March 17 2014 - 10:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users