HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Raider + EOC help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xStarD3stroyerx

xStarD3stroyerx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 01 2014 - 05:54 PM

I got pretty good at the raider; the blitz + slug and t-32 bolt worked well for me. However, using the EOC is whole different story and I find it really strange to adapt to. Obviously I can't go sustained shot-gun close combat mode with the EOC without taking heavy damage so how should I play_ It's kinda weird to play mid range mostly cause I can't even tell if pucks are making a difference or not. So for those who've mastered the way, how are you supposed to engage fights, prolong it, and finish them_ :blink:

#2 HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted March 01 2014 - 07:07 PM

The EOC is designed to be used more defensively than the T-32. EOC may have higher burst damage potential, but is much harder to use in close combat due to it's slow firing speed and slow projectile flight speed. You should be using the EOC as a ground area-denial weapon and try to spread pucks around enemies' feet, especially in tight quarters when they have little room to move around. Don't try to hit flying enemies with the EOC. Instead, charge up and wait for them to come down and then fire a full load at their feet where they land.

Also, you should ALWAYS be holding a charge while walking so that you're always prepared.

I personally think the EOC on the Raider is not the best mix. I find the EOC to be much more useful on the Infiltrator where I have a higher walk speed.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far."
Sentium or Prosk_
Repair Charge / Repair Kit values

#3 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted March 01 2014 - 09:24 PM

The eoc is IMO probably the best weapon on the raider, you just don't overheat that much compare to the reflak or even the t32. Area denial is important and placing them where you know the enemy must go. I try to hit my target straight on as much as possible but if I'm laying mines I tend to charge to 6 pucks. Finishing your opponent off can be tough in a raider. A classes like to take the air when they are nearly dead to try an avoid your eoc, I usually just fling my eoc pucks out so they all have separate trajectories, hopefully one hits your target and that is usually enough to take that last bit of health. Stay mid range and pick at your enemy and then get in close. Just keeping bombing them with the KLA. If I am dancing with my opponent in the open I like to keep my vison pointed down  so that my pucks that miss hit the ground and have a better chance of hitting my opponent eventually. Also you can only have a certain amount of pucks out at a time. Eoc pucks have a timer but they can also be manually detonated my shooting more pucks. They have a decent blast radius and are also very effective at take out pred mines since you have to hit them individually.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#4 PartyTime

PartyTime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Locationeast coast north america

Posted March 02 2014 - 12:45 PM

sweep the eoc like a sword as you fire, vs moving targets, aim the first one (dont forget to lead) and sweep.

Edited by PartyTime, March 02 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#5 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted March 03 2014 - 07:11 AM

I've found EOC Raider to excel in situations where there is:
  • An absence or very few Flying n' Dodging -happy mechs like Berserkers.
  • A technician on the other team that needs to be taken out.
  • Corners and friendly portable scanners
  • Friendly sustained mechs that make up for your lack of DPS.
  • Non-dodging opponents, lol.
  • Lots of cover.
Use the grenade mode 99% of the time and MIRV only when you're confident that you can't miss (like a turretmode C-class or repairing enemy). MIRV is also your best chance at hitting close range aerial enemies. The grenade does 132 damage on a direct hit and MIRV does 150 if all of the traces hit.

If there is one thing Raider is good at, it's running away. Do that lots, and hope that if someone pursues you, it's a ground-based mech. If you can occupy two enemy mechs with your shenanigans, great, you're giving your team an advantage.

I recommend running Air Compressor because of its synergy with peekaboo, which EOC Raider is mostly about. It's become a mandatory internal for Steam patch. Yay. As for items, you can use Portable Scanner because it's op as bell and makes alphaing people coming around corners easier. Shield is temporary cover and something that gives you a breather against aerial mechs. You can reload your Corsair inside the shield and come out when it's ready. EMP gives you a chance to deploy your arsenal at groups, disengage mechs that are in your face and is an overall useful item if you can hit with it. Detonator is an item that enables you to 1-shot some A-class mechs and, because of its huge knockback, lets you down flying mechs closer to the ground for an easier Corsair + EOC hit, and is an excellent finisher against those who survive with 3 hp and then twitch around like an ADHD kid on sugar^3.

You can also try Heat + TOW Scout, which plays somewhat similarly but is more forgiving because of TOW with its 2.25s reload and air burst.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users