HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Corsair-KLA

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Coffee009

Coffee009

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted March 01 2014 - 08:55 PM

So I'm kinda new and came back after playing the closed beta from a long time ago, and recently I bought the raider mech because I love close range combat and I had spare money laying around. Now I can safely say, this mech has a HORRIBLE secondary weapon. The reload is so long that if I miss the fight is over. I looked at the stats for this thing and it has no redeeming qualities. The MIRV shotgun has good damage but the reload kills this thing, and compared to the flak cannon that has similar damage, flak has DOUBLE the fire rate. Looking at the GL mode, the Corsair has 1.75 seconds longer reload and does even less damage then the normal GL, how is that justified_ I mean, I get that the Corsair may have to sacrifice something because of its versatility, but why does the reload have to be so long compared to the other weapons it tries to be_

This weapon reminds me a lot of the legendary flak cannon in the Unreal Tournament series, the flak cannon in UT2004 for example has a more powerful grenade than the dedicated grenade launcher, but the Ut2004 flak grenade sacrifices versatility (bouncing and detonation at will)

Sources:
https://docs.google....#gid=1436396673

http://unreal.standa...ns-and-tactics/
Posted Image

#2 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted March 01 2014 - 09:01 PM

As it stands raider is low tier. This patch fuzzy bunny it up. It'll get buffed eventually

#3 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted March 01 2014 - 09:44 PM

Raider used to be too strong, but when they nerfed it, they got a bit too zealous and made it awful.  Buffs are expected eventually.

#4 blueberry_sushi

blueberry_sushi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 15 2014 - 03:45 AM

Currently I don't even use the MIRV mode. At times when I would want to use it, like when i'm so close to an enemy mech that the KLA would cause self damage, i still don't use it simply because it takes too long to switch firing modes. The Corsair is definitely inspired by the flak cannon in Unreal Tournament but what made that weapon great was it's versatility on the fly, something that the Corsair lacks. Granted, Unreal Tournament is a faster game than Hawken but even so I feel a buff is warranted.

#5 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 15 2014 - 05:55 AM

View Postblueberry_sushi, on March 15 2014 - 03:45 AM, said:

Currently I don't even use the MIRV mode. At times when I would want to use it, like when i'm so close to an enemy mech that the KLA would cause self damage, i still don't use it simply because it takes too long to switch firing modes. The Corsair is definitely inspired by the flak cannon in Unreal Tournament but what made that weapon great was it's versatility on the fly, something that the Corsair lacks. Granted, Unreal Tournament is a faster game than Hawken but even so I feel a buff is warranted.

3.75 reload for the Corsair is unbearable, up the reload speed and lower the damage if needed.
Mode change is apparently tied to reload speed also.

View Postshosca, on March 13 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

Right now:
kla does 132 damage with 3.75 rof with ~35 dps
mirv does 18.75 damage/pellet, 150 damage/shot, 3.75 rof with ~ 40 dps.

For reference:
tow has 2.25 rof with 125 damage and ~55 dps
gl has 2.5 rof with 125 damage and ~50 dps

Nerf the mirv from 150 to ~142 and tighten the spread just a tad bit. That is ~17.75 damage/pellet
Then reduce the rof down to 2.8~3 seconds/shot.
So you would get 142 damage/shot out of the mirv (if you land all the pellets) and kla dps would be about 44~47 and mirv dps would be about 47~50 depending on the rof.

That is all the raider needs.

Edited by Stingz, March 15 2014 - 05:57 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users