HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Cosmetics and Hitboxes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Invect

Invect

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted March 02 2014 - 07:56 PM

This is going to be an awkward one, but does anyone have data on whether or not certain cosmetics (the chassis usually) will actually increase the size of your hitscan hitbox or projectile hitbox_

Or if Hawken even has different hitboxes for hitscan and projectiles_

I ask because I just saw the new chassis (thing looks like a huge flat "X" compared to  something skinny like the Muller) and I was wondering if it would allow the user to catch more bullets. With their face. The Berserker (I think) has optional shoulder pieces that make me wonder if they have hitboxes attached.

#2 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 02 2014 - 07:59 PM

Hitboxes are based on weight class not cosmetics. Feel free to buy and use whatever cosmetic you like.

Posted Image

#3 Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech republic

Posted March 02 2014 - 08:05 PM

The only advantage/disadvantage would be purely visual (for example shoulder parts being visible around corner) or audible (or what's the correct english word for "sound-based") in case of repair drones (some seem to be louder/quieter and some of them seem to start making sound earlier/later). So it's only about giving out your position, but hitboxes should be the same.
Got few Hawken vids here on my YT.

#4 Invect

Invect

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted March 02 2014 - 08:11 PM

Hm, I figured as much with the hitboxes. Thanks for the replies.

Still kind of a long shot, but would anyone know if there are separate hitboxes for projectiles and hitscan_ Like, I'm pretty sure you can't fire a TOW between a mech's legs because there's a hitbox there, but could you fire a bullet between a mech's legs_

#5 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted March 02 2014 - 08:24 PM

Hitboxes don't change based on weapons projectile size might have an influence however if that is a thing.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#6 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted March 03 2014 - 12:12 AM

I checked the thing yesterday, and it turns out that no, cosmetics don't affect hitboxes. Also, if you try and shoot a mech between legs, it still registers as a hit.

#7 rejwen

rejwen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted March 03 2014 - 02:11 AM

View PostDerMax, on March 03 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

I checked the thing yesterday, and it turns out that no, cosmetics don't affect hitboxes. Also, if you try and shoot a mech between legs, it still registers as a hit.
yes it's true I confirm

Edited by rejwen, March 03 2014 - 02:13 AM.

sorry for my english

#8 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted March 03 2014 - 02:17 AM

View PostZaxik, on March 02 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

The only advantage/disadvantage would be purely visual (for example shoulder parts being visible around corner) or audible (or what's the correct english word for "sound-based") in case of repair drones (some seem to be louder/quieter and some of them seem to start making sound earlier/later). So it's only about giving out your position, but hitboxes should be the same.
P2W!!111

- lok'tar ogar -

#9 Invect

Invect

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted March 03 2014 - 05:26 AM

View PostDerMax, on March 03 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

View Postrejwen, on March 03 2014 - 02:11 AM, said:

yes it's true I confirm
Right on, thanks for the info. I guess they use one big box for all weapon types, then. This might explain some people's weird reg and "shot around the corner" phenomena. And perhaps to a lesser extent the huge reliability of hitscan at all ranges.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users