HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Shock Coil Question

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Duralumi

Duralumi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted March 05 2014 - 08:52 AM

Do Shock Coils remove the delay that a mech is subject to upon landing_

If not, I really feel that they should. It'd make them a more enticing pick for things other than stealth. Such as bunny hopping with heavier classes.
After disabling signatures I found my forum-browsing experience had improved marginally.

#2 Kryjeck

Kryjeck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationBillings, Montana

Posted March 05 2014 - 08:54 AM

No. I use a Shock Coil on my Incinerator, and all it does is take away the damage I would receive for falling off a ledge, but the small delay is still there.

Posted Image

#3 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted March 07 2014 - 12:41 AM

If Shock Coils were to remove the landing delay, my top scores with my Pred would be greatly reduced.

Other then my personal scores, there is something else why I think the Shock Coils are fine right now.

Flying is already faster then normal walking, and you can still fire your weapons.
And, you move both vertically AND horizontally while flying, making you an even harder target to hit and track.
This makes the landing delay a fitting trade-off.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#4 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 07 2014 - 07:45 AM

View PostMeraple, on March 07 2014 - 12:41 AM, said:

If Shock Coils were to remove the landing delay, my top scores with my Pred would be greatly reduced.

Other then my personal scores, there is something else why I think the Shock Coils are fine right now.

Flying is already faster then normal walking, and you can still fire your weapons.
And, you move both vertically AND horizontally while flying, making you an even harder target to hit and track.

Until you factor in A-Class fly the fastest, and have little/no delay for landing.

Edited by Stingz, March 07 2014 - 07:46 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#5 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted March 07 2014 - 09:18 AM

View PostStingz, on March 07 2014 - 07:45 AM, said:

Until you factor in A-Class fly the fastest, and have little/no delay for landing.

Well I guess A classes dont really have a fair trade-off then.
I'd propose either prolonging the landing delay,
or having to charge up before being able to jump.

..Or maybe the low HP of A classes already is the trade-off factor.
I don't know..

Posted Image

Spoiler

#6 Eliziel

Eliziel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 09:42 AM

shock coil is basically a pointless item as is, IMO
.I say its pointless because the damage prevented from falling (when you're boosting to the next battle) will be repaired by an armor reconstuctor before you get into the next fight. Shock coil takes up internal space that is better used on any other internal.  I like the idea of shock coils removing the 'delay'.

Edited by Eliziel, April 03 2014 - 01:50 PM.

#7 SuperSpartacus

SuperSpartacus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationWestern MA, US

Posted April 04 2014 - 06:10 AM

The tradeoff between using the fuel to hover and eventually having to land is a solid one, which is exactly why shock coil should be buffed in a way that gives you a new advantage. I think removing the delay on landing with the shock coil is a great idea and would definitely make it a very pickable choice, probably a top pick for people who like to use fortified C-classes.

#8 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted April 04 2014 - 08:01 PM

View PostSuperSpartacus, on April 04 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

The tradeoff between using the fuel to hover and eventually having to land is a solid one, which is exactly why shock coil should be buffed in a way that gives you a new advantage. I think removing the delay on landing with the shock coil is a great idea and would definitely make it a very pickable choice, probably a top pick for people who like to use fortified C-classes.

Adding on to no fall damage, halved fall delay could be interesting. No delay means HEAT Cannon Scouts bunnyhopping like it's Quake 3 all over again.

Edited by Stingz, April 04 2014 - 08:01 PM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#9 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted April 09 2014 - 01:05 PM

View PostEliziel, on April 01 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

shock coil is basically a pointless item as is, IMO
.I say its pointless because the damage prevented from falling (when you're boosting to the next battle) will be repaired by an armor reconstuctor before you get into the next fight. Shock coil takes up internal space that is better used on any other internal.  I like the idea of shock coils removing the 'delay'.

It's not pointless for a Predator, but that's essentially a niche market.

#10 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 03:33 AM

Thou I love the shock coil on my part as it allows me to be careless about how hard I land on the ground ^^

#11 Frisbee_Player

Frisbee_Player

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationDefinitley not wasting my time on the computer when its nice out...

Posted May 08 2014 - 01:37 PM

I love my shock coils... I play reaper a lot, and it can be kinda squishy, I like being able to dive off a 200 m ledge and survive, while my enemy plunges to their death right behind me... its more useful for A's where even just 20 dmg can mean winning or dying in the next fight...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users