HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Quick feedback about Infiltrator.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted March 10 2014 - 08:46 AM

Im guessing you have not met me yet.
I play the predator, if you think playing an infiltrator is hard, consider trying out its b class cousin.

I can tell you that the infiltrator is so versatile and flexible with its weapon setup, you could take the assault rifle and play some hit and run skirmish combat like you would in a berserker, or take the heat cannon and- hmm reminds me, i haven used my infiltrator in a long while ever since i switched to the predator. :P You could add me on hawken, look for me in the South asia servers and i shall share with you everything i can about playing the infil or if you are up to the challenge, the Predator.

Edited by 86, March 10 2014 - 08:47 AM.

#22 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 02:01 AM

View Post86, on March 10 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

Im guessing you have not met me yet.
I play the predator, if you think playing an infiltrator is hard, consider trying out its b class cousin.

I can tell you that the infiltrator is so versatile and flexible with its weapon setup, you could take the assault rifle and play some hit and run skirmish combat like you would in a berserker, or take the heat cannon and- hmm reminds me, i haven used my infiltrator in a long while ever since i switched to the predator. :P You could add me on hawken, look for me in the South asia servers and i shall share with you everything i can about playing the infil or if you are up to the challenge, the Predator.

I mostly play on Europe just like I live there. Infiltrator needs some love too.

#23 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 02:12 AM

View PostOmegaNull, on March 10 2014 - 06:52 AM, said:

View PostBattlesbreak, on March 08 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

Yes I am new in this game but I played about 9 hours what steam shows and I can say that I am advanced player on playing infiltrator. Just generally Infiltrator is: or pretty much similar to Spy on Team Fortress 2.

I am starting feel like that Infiltrator is too reliant on surprise attacks, too reliant on team mates or flanking totally. I have upped the Infiltrator by playing to the fourth level and I can say I need to break down a bit him to give filling feedback and suggestions. Actually I am okay with the scrambler effect I just get confused for a second by it but it is good.

What I love:

Camouflage flanking
Heart attacking players.
Speed and mobility.
BEST Risk vs Reward mech.
Difficult.

What I hate:

Way too reliant on team mates. More than berserker or generally any other mech.
Unable to solo kill without kite damaging an enemy player's mech..
Not necessarily. This mech, when played right, can take on multiple players. However, it requires playing smart and using cover.
Lowest health of all mechs.
It has the third lowest in the game. Scout and tech have the lowest.
Lowest burst.
With heat and EOC, it actually has some of the highest burst. I would put it right up there with the scout. Or at least a step below it.
Not a team player. Total assassin
Again, that is incorrect. The infil is one of the best mechs you can have flanking your side. It is great for harassing enemy positions or be used as a distraction.
Lowest damage
If you land your hits, it has some of the most consistent damage in the game. However, it doesn't have the highest DPS. The Lowest damage in the game is the tech and G2.
Difficult.
Camouflage barely viable.
I never have a problem seeing them. Though it can be tough.
Cool down of Camouflage.
It use to be much worse. Actually, it use to be basically useless.
Generally looks like to be most under powered mech
NEVER underestimate an infil.
Rarely used.
In higher tiers of play, you see them actually a lot. God they are freaking annoying.

Impact on battlefield:

Either most low or most highest depending where you are and how much enemies knows about infiltrator and your skills as infiltrator. Basically I can say that berserker to be his upgrade.
The Infiltrator is not a berserker and has a completely different play style. It starts off with the Assault rifle, but it is most dangerous and powerful with the Heat Cannon or EOC. EOC being the most difficult to use. It is more or less a shadow on the battlefield but can have a major impact when played right. However, it is all dependent on the match and pilot behind the mech.

Camouflage:

As I mentioned nearly useless. You ALWAYS NEED A TEAM MATE to distract the target what you are going to assassinate. Good on securing flanking routes or on using the route for flank and using the ability as arrives to vicinity of enemies. Never viable escape ability BUT able to be made to be viable. Nearly forgot mention good on camping for targets or when taking a hiding place. To get kill with this thing requires you toget WAYYY too close of enemies and taking long abandoned routes takes too long time.
You are playing the infil wrong... It is great flanking as you said, but it is also a very powerful ability when timed correctly. In the heat of a battle, actually getting close, juking, then going invisible will through your opponent off and allow you to either escape or hit with an attack that they never saw coming. However, you have a very small window to make your move. Also, when fighting around corners you can use it to setup ambushes and confuse your enemy. God, this ability is so awesome you just gotta be opened minded and think outside the box.

Mech weaponry and use item:

The scrambler is just so good I have had been victim of it too and I know fuzzy bunny that thing is so evil and bloody good.
If you learn to read the radar, you can read through the scramble. It has never affected me.
Grenade launcher is just so god like for Infiltrator if you are playing Cannon infiltrator. You must love to have so much surprise attack damage fully charged cannon shot at direct hit and grenade launcher direct hit are so devastating either your target panics desperately starts to shoot you or becomes a prey to your or to your team mates.
It is also great for corner play...

The machine gun is okay but I find myself enjoying to blast in to hell some players with Cannon and Grenade launcher. Btw I need to say one thing about Cannon... Nerf it it is too good. The damage what I can deal with it on direct hits or charged ones are seriously scary I can melt a vanguard kind of mechs in 2 seconds. Charged cannon direct hit, Grenade launcher direct hit and repeat it once. Boom! Dead.

The heat is in a really good place right now. Learn to dodge and move. It is actually a tough weapon to use and master. Also, vanguard is weak with distance usually anyways. Heat infil can basically snipe you at medium distances and run away. And it takes more than 2 seconds to kill a vanguard. Either the player was not very good or they were in turret mode.

On having 330 health I can say that. When berseker has 365 and nearly three times faster burst down speed. I seriously feel like that why in the hell Infiltrator is forgotten. Has it been nerfed or just left out_ Because instead of Infiltrator 98% of my yesterday's matches had berserker instead of Infiltrator.
Again, you are playing the mech wrong. However, if the berserker is flying around, it makes hitting things hard. Work on your aim.

But even if he is weak I still enjoy playing infiltrator. Now to the suggestions to make Infiltrator a bit more team player OR a seriously should be feared assassin like berserker as I mentioned Infiltrator must be most DIFFICULT mech on game.
It is not even close to the most difficult... Pred is MUCH harder as it requires you to throw everything you know out the window and start over.

Camouflage suggestions [pick one or multiple]:

Allow Infiltrator deal more damage for short time after coming out of camouflage.
This would likely break game balance... no
Create 5 moving decoys as Infiltrator engages the camouflage.
Hm... I like it :wub:
Remove the gas loss while on camouflage but do not allow the mech to regenerate it either.
That would break the mech.. no. Now the thing cannot move or anything.
Allow Infiltrator to have higher fire rate for short time after coming out of camouflage.
Again, not a good idea.
Allow Infiltrator move faster while on camouflage.
Already does.
Upgrade the camouflage from not able to be collide on him and/or make the camouflage hide all your movement.
The laws of the universe would be broken and no. That would be completely broken. It is OPTICAL camouflage. Not run around in a parallel universe.
Allow Infiltrator to repair itself while on camouflage without disengaging it.
OPTICAL CAMO DAMMIT!!!!
Allow Infiltrator to deal more damage on first strike by the amount of time he has spent on camouflage.
That would cause game balance issues. It is already fine where it is.
Allow Infiltrator to do not take any damage on first 2 seconds on camouflage. <--- OP.

To itself Mech [pick one or multiple]:

Give him automatic weapons to both Primary and secondary for more burst damage. <--- Might be OP.
That is sustained not burst... And that will never happen... ever
Higher movement speed. -
This is universal. The game needs to be faster period.
Same health as Berserker or slightly lower around 350 would be pretty okay on my part.
Grenade launcher marks for death an enemy on direct hit. Marked for death enemy takes 10% more damage for few seconds. Recommendable duration 2 or 3 seconds. <-- I highly recommend to make him team player and pretty much best buff from all of these what I can suggest.
Weaponry deals extra damage from behind and slightly more when on face to face combat. (OP possibly)

More fuel than other mechs.
It already has a huge fuel tank... It is second largest out of all A class
More boost speed.

Again, the game needs more speed.
Less damage as you are boosting.
Less strafe cool down time.
Higher fuel regeneration.
Lock on weapons can not lock on at all on Infiltrator. <--- OP I KNOW!
Weapon what is like a shotgun.

Remember I AM NOT waiting that all of these happen. I am just SUGGESTING either some of these or at least one on each suggestion section would happen. When comparing the Infiltrator to other mechs I can say that he is most under powered. You always need to target players who are setting down to repair [A.K.A low on health] Or just being a scout for the team who can turn invisible for few seconds.

Well I think that was it I hope that this starts a conversation and that we could arrive to some kind of solution to make Infiltrator a bit more popular and considerable pick because as I mentioned. Pretty much nobody picks Infiltrator except me or other users on the forums [Except I am slightly expecting them to a bit talking trash]
^_^

I see what you did there and I also see that you might not have read whole thread's replies. Currently I have EOC repeater unlocked but the cost of it is so damn big anyway... I have pretty much learned new things about infiltrator only map where I suck as Infiltrator was that place where is that huge building high up middle. Not the best for Infiltrator time to time or at least on my opinion.

Why you hate Infiltrator_ Come on give him some love and play as him a bit. He wont stomp you. *stomped* O.O well... I apologize that I was wrong. Currently I am back on the move with the assault rifle because this having reliable firing speed with reliable damage just to harvest those who tries to run away from me from short range battle. Gotta love grenade launcher still... So much damage.

Edited by Battlesbreak, March 11 2014 - 02:14 AM.

#24 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 11 2014 - 08:10 AM

Infiltrator can be played kinda like scout, stick to cover and lob shots at people, cloak mostly to escape behind cover.
I've noticed Cloak hides boosting/radar signature also, but burns fuel even faster.

It's the next mech I'm saving up for since even the testdrive version is devastating.

Nothing is worse than a grenade out of nowhere blowing you down while repairing.

Edited by Stingz, March 11 2014 - 08:12 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#25 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 09:58 AM

If you are such an advanced player why do you need some of this OP stuff_ I say SOME because some of this stuff is on the mech. You just are new and have no idea how to use the mech. Increase speed while cloaked is there buddy.

Hitting the infil already doesn't brake camo. That's why it takes fuel.

Plus someone probably already mentioned it, but lowest health_ Might I introduce the scout and the tech_ Hahaha, in all the games I play I see them all the time. Higher tier players are the worst in the infil. Also higher tier players will destroy you and the assault rifle with their heat cannon or eoc. Takes how I can tell the skill level of the infil I am fighting. "Assault rifle_ This'll be easy!"

Buy more than two mechs or doing a bit of research helps.

Edited by Farlanghn, March 11 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#26 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 10:22 PM

View PostStingz, on March 11 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

Infiltrator can be played kinda like scout, stick to cover and lob shots at people, cloak mostly to escape behind cover.
I've noticed Cloak hides boosting/radar signature also, but burns fuel even faster.

It's the next mech I'm saving up for since even the testdrive version is devastating.

Nothing is worse than a grenade out of nowhere blowing you down while repairing.

I never have had yet met any good high level infiltrator telling me that he isn't getting enough love what he deserves actually that thing is seriously devastating flank assassin. I have done about 20 of those flanks at In-game and I can say... Never... Leave... Road... Unchecked... Because Infiltrator might feel stabby. I am going to create as my next feedback the Sharpshooter gotta love snipin' time to time. It is pretty much the fact that I only use the camouflage to escape with huge boost speed gap or setting myself to shadows for some surprise butsecks for enemy or hang there for a while.

View PostFarlanghn, on March 11 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

If you are such an advanced player why do you need some of this OP stuff_ I say SOME because some of this stuff is on the mech. You just are new and have no idea how to use the mech. Increase speed while cloaked is there buddy.

Hitting the infil already doesn't brake camo. That's why it takes fuel.

Plus someone probably already mentioned it, but lowest health_ Might I introduce the scout and the tech_ Hahaha, in all the games I play I see them all the time. Higher tier players are the worst in the infil. Also higher tier players will destroy you and the assault rifle with their heat cannon or eoc. Takes how I can tell the skill level of the infil I am fighting. "Assault rifle_ This'll be easy!"

Buy more than two mechs or doing a bit of research helps.

Never under restimate infiltrator with Assault Rifle both grenade launcher and Assault rifle goes too well together on my part. I have now tried the EOC repeater and I have to say... I am so horrible at using it... I more should have said those HC by not buying any of those guns and stay with the tea spot assault rifle and grenade launcher infiltrator. I have played Tech and I agree that he has lower health but never... Ever... Go to close of that mech. It melts you in seconds if this knows how to dodge well... Take my word from this. I melted a sharpshooter on 1v1 until I got picked up for a kill to enemy team like a berry.

These were only suggestions to make him a bit more considerable pick for even high level players pretty much my yesterday's matches were only assaults, brawlers, incinerators and sharpshooters and I got to say it sucks to try take down so much health having bots as Infiltrator sometimes I lead half accidentally an allied assault mech player for a flank. Yesterday on playing HAWKEN was just nigthmare... I lost about 5 times a row... I asked from myself WTF_! Is going on the HAWKEN community who are playing the game...

#27 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 12:18 AM

Talk to me after you start winning matches. Hahaha

This is you
"Don't underestimate me.. I keep LOSING!!" Usually people who use the rifle can't really aim.

#28 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 03:11 AM

View PostFarlanghn, on March 12 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

Talk to me after you start winning matches. Hahaha

This is you
"Don't underestimate me.. I keep LOSING!!" Usually people who use the rifle can't really aim.

I am not going to speak with you... That is so insulting by using Irony and sarcasm... Everybody has bad items just like yesterday I had. I am not looking for comfort that was side mention and warning that this can happen to everybody. I am totally sure that this has happened to you too... I just need to say... Those are seriously painful moments. It is at least it is about you that your team looses or just bad team... Anyway I hope you luck for next matches.

Right now we see an example of what our gaming community can be... And I have to say UGH I hate to deal with this. Usually my motto/quote [Or what was the word] is "Do not expect anything great from me. I am just a person expect me to either fail on my job or succeeding on it"

Edited by Battlesbreak, March 12 2014 - 06:29 AM.

#29 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 13 2014 - 07:23 AM

Assault Rifle can be useful, but EOC or HEAT Infiltrators are a much more awful threat.
The burst damage from EOC/HEAT + Grenade are ludicrous on any mech (often while you're repairing also).

The AR on the Infiltrator is definitely useable, but not my choice for a Peek n' Poke fight against other A-Class mechs.
When using the Infiltrator testdrive, the Grenade Launcher/Cloak were why I took it over Berserker.

Edited by Stingz, March 13 2014 - 07:27 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#30 dashb0t

dashb0t

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 08:21 PM

You haven't met runadave, -TJ-, c0ndom. Meet them then you'll know how infiltrator is.

#31 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 10:05 PM

View Postdashb0t, on March 27 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

You haven't met runadave, -TJ-, c0ndom. Meet them then you'll know how infiltrator is.

Actually now when I have maxed up my Infiltrator I can say that it doesn't need anything just don't buy EOC or Heat Cannon they pretty much were on my part waste of HC I kind of feel sad about loosing about 12k HC but well that was my own stupidness. Right now I am looking forward to grind for scout the mini sized nuclear glass cannon.

I will writing about Bruiser and Reaper soon as I can about small feedback.

#32 Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas, baby.

Posted March 28 2014 - 08:02 AM

deleted my comment.  Best of luck to you, Battlesbreak.

Edited by Call_Me_Ishmael, March 28 2014 - 08:04 AM.

Posted Image

#33 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted March 30 2014 - 03:10 AM

View PostCall_Me_Ishmael, on March 28 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

deleted my comment.  Best of luck to you, Battlesbreak.

What did you write_ I haven't paid attention to this thread for about month maybe.

#34 deadlydime

deadlydime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 09:50 AM

I sucked at this game until I started playing infiltrator......./justsayin

#35 VocalMagic

VocalMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 10:56 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on March 08 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

Yes I am new in this game but I played about 9 hours what steam shows and I can say that I am advanced player on playing infiltrator. Just generally Infiltrator is:
or pretty much similar to Spy on Team Fortress 2.

I am starting feel like that Infiltrator is too reliant on surprise attacks, too reliant on team mates or flanking totally. I have upped the Infiltrator by playing to the fourth level and I can say I need to break down a bit him to give filling feedback and suggestions.
*AHEM* Gentlemen_ Shall we_
Spoiler

When I play as my Infiltrator, I started out playing as a Clone Trooper. Yes, yes, a foot soldier that needed the team. Because of the Assault Rifle. However, once I upgraded to the HEAT Cannon, it played as more of a Heavy Trooper. I am able to suppress camping snipers with heat spam, the grenades are good for corner play to allow my team time to turn their attention to the people attempting to flank us.
The Infiltrator is a team player, yes, but this is a team game. You're all supposed to be team players.
The Cameo is good as it is. I have even gone so far as to be able to cloak, turn around a corner, 180, and fly over my chaser so I could shoot them in the back with a full-charge HEAT+grenade.
I have even pulled off, on one occasion, cloaking, 180, then walk RIGHT PAST THEM, 180, then shoot them in the back.

I'll try shouting it again today: "Saturnine! Saturnine! Stop the spam, Saturnine!"

_, ,_ ∩ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
( ゚∀゚)彡 S9!S9!▒▒▒
 ⊂彡▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

#36 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 11:38 AM

I find it funny that you assume that the preditor is going to be as poweful offensively as the infiltrater.  the whole point of the pred is to defend your turf, keep people away from your silos and the likes, thats why you start with a mine secondary, a kind of cloak that lasts as long as you need it, and short range thermal vision. it helps you defend, but not assault. anyway. as many people have said. the ar is alright, but its puts you in a more support role. to explane why you want to use the eoc if you have the skill for it. think like this, if you hit a full burst of 6 pucks, that is about 160damage, add to it the gernade which can do somewhere between 150 and 110 on a near hit and 70 for a near miss. lets say your attacking a tech that has been pestering your team. if you get a full damage hit, you bring him down from 315 hp to about 4. in about less then a second. your gernade launcher takes less then 3 seconds to reload, if no one on your team has killed him by then, he will be dead, by your hand. if on the other hand you used an ar, it would take upwords of about 4 seconds to kill him of which does not account for dodging and juking, which a tech can do to drop your effective dpm and buy him more time for his team to kill you. also, keep in mind that both the eoc and the heat have indrect fire capablitys allowing you to fight with out needing a los on your target, the ar however needs los in order to hit. this means you can kite other mechs around  objects while doing massive damage to them.

so in short, even though the infiltrater looks easy with the ar, it really pays off to use the better weapons. they are harder to use for a reason. also, 9 hours is by no means enough. heck, if we go by darksouls standers, its not even a taste of what the game is.

#37 Gunho23

Gunho23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 09:36 PM

Maybe my play style is different but teamwork definitely helps I don't require distractions to assassinate at all, especially against the big and slow types.  Even 2 vs me I can generally take out 1 sometimes both by the element of surprise (stealth) combined with the radar jammer...most times they are so confused about all the red dots flying around that they sit there and don't move while being slaughtered from behind.

The infiltrator is all about patience and picking the right time to attack and run.

Oh...and I'm a noob that uses the AR, I find that being able to stay focused on kiting while keeping a steady rate of fire on my enemy is better than worrying where to place shots with two weapons and not concentrating as much on dodging....If I wanted to do more damage I would have gone with another mech...Instead I chose fast and stealthy.

Edited by Gunho23, April 15 2014 - 09:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users