HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Quick feedback about Infiltrator.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 08:51 AM

Yes I am new in this game but I played about 9 hours what steam shows and I can say that I am advanced player on playing infiltrator. Just generally Infiltrator is: or pretty much similar to Spy on Team Fortress 2.

I am starting feel like that Infiltrator is too reliant on surprise attacks, too reliant on team mates or flanking totally. I have upped the Infiltrator by playing to the fourth level and I can say I need to break down a bit him to give filling feedback and suggestions.

What I love:

Camouflage flanking
Heart attacking players.
Speed and mobility.
BEST Risk vs Reward mech.
Difficult.

What I hate:

Way too reliant on team mates. More than berserker or generally any other mech.
Unable to solo kill without kite damaging an enemy player's mech.
Lowest health of all mechs.
Lowest burst.
Not a team player. Total assassin.
Lowest damage
Difficult.
Camouflage barely viable.
Cool down of Camouflage.
Generally looks like to be most under powered mech.
Rarely used.

Impact on battlefield:

Either most low or most highest depending where you are and how much enemies knows about infiltrator and your skills as infiltrator. Basically I can say that berserker to be his upgrade.

Camouflage:

As I mentioned nearly useless. You ALWAYS NEED A TEAM MATE to distract the target what you are going to assassinate. Good on securing flanking routes or on using the route for flank and using the ability as arrives to vicinity of enemies. Never viable escape ability BUT able to be made to be viable. Nearly forgot mention good on camping for targets or when taking a hiding place. To get kill with this thing requires you to get WAYYY too close of enemies and taking long abandoned routes takes too long time.

Mech weaponry and use item:

The scrambler is just so good I have had been victim of it too and I know fuzzy bunny that thing is so evil and bloody good. Grenade launcher is just so god like for Infiltrator if you are playing Cannon infiltrator. You must love to have so much surprise attack damage fully charged cannon shot at direct hit and grenade launcher direct hit are so devastating either your target panics desperately starts to shoot you or becomes a prey to your or to your team mates.

The machine gun is okay but I find myself enjoying to blast in to hell some players with Cannon and Grenade launcher. Btw I need to say one thing about Cannon... Nerf it it is too good. The damage what I can deal with it on direct hits or charged ones are seriously scary I can melt a vanguard kind of mechs in 2 seconds. Charged cannon direct hit, Grenade launcher direct hit and repeat it once. Boom! Dead.

On having 330 health I can say that. When berseker has 365 and nearly three times faster burst down speed. I seriously feel like that why in the hell Infiltrator is forgotten. Has it been nerfed or just left out_ Because instead of Infiltrator 98% of my yesterday's matches had berserker instead of Infiltrator.

But even if he is weak I still enjoy playing infiltrator. Now to the suggestions to make Infiltrator a bit more team player OR a seriously should be feared assassin like berserker as I mentioned Infiltrator must be most DIFFICULT mech on game.

Camouflage suggestions [pick one or multiple]:

Allow Infiltrator deal more damage for short time after coming out of camouflage.
Create 5 moving decoys as Infiltrator engages the camouflage.
Remove the gas loss while on camouflage but do not allow the mech to regenerate it either.
Allow Infiltrator to have higher fire rate for short time after coming out of camouflage.
Allow Infiltrator move faster while on camouflage.
Upgrade the camouflage from not able to be collide on him and/or make the camouflage hide all your movement.
Allow Infiltrator to repair itself while on camouflage without disengaging it.
Allow Infiltrator to deal more damage on first strike by the amount of time he has spent on camouflage.
Allow Infiltrator to do not take any damage on first 2 seconds on camouflage. <--- OP.

To itself Mech [pick one or multiple]:

Give him automatic weapons to both Primary and secondary for more burst damage. <--- Might be OP.
Higher movement speed.
Same health as Berserker or slightly lower around 350 would be pretty okay on my part.
Grenade launcher marks for death an enemy on direct hit. Marked for death enemy takes 10% more damage for few seconds. Recommendable duration 2 or 3 seconds. <-- I highly recommend to make him team player and pretty much best buff from all of these what I can suggest.
Weaponry deals extra damage from behind and slightly more when on face to face combat. (OP possibly)
More fuel than other mechs.
More boost speed.
Less damage as you are boosting.
Less strafe cool down time.
Higher fuel regeneration.
Lock on weapons can not lock on at all on Infiltrator. <--- OP I KNOW!
Weapon what is like a shotgun.

Remember I AM NOT waiting that all of these happen. I am just SUGGESTING either some of these or at least one on each suggestion section would happen. When comparing the Infiltrator to other mechs I can say that he is most under powered. You always need to target players who are setting down to repair [A.K.A low on health] Or just being a scout for the team who can turn invisible for few seconds.

Well I think that was it I hope that this starts a conversation and that we could arrive to some kind of solution to make Infiltrator a bit more popular and considerable pick because as I mentioned. Pretty much nobody picks Infiltrator except me or other users on the forums [Except I am slightly expecting them to a bit talking trash]

#2 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted March 08 2014 - 08:58 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on March 08 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

Yes I am new in this game but I played about 9 hours what steam shows and I can say that I am advanced player on playing infiltrator. Just generally Infiltrator is: or pretty much similar to Spy on Team Fortress 2.

...Snip...

Pretty much nobody picks Infiltrator except me or other users on the forums [Except I am slightly expecting them to a bit talking trash]

You haven't played in the higher-tier games (yet).  BTW, welcome to the war.
ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#3 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted March 08 2014 - 09:01 AM

9 hours _ well , I don't mean anything but I played about 500 hours and I'm still looking forward to learn more about the infiltrator , you can't make fast conclusions before you die against ... the ... um ... those guys that you'll know someday ...

Posted Image

#4 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 09:26 AM

View Postcaduceus26, on March 08 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

...Snip...

Pretty much nobody picks Infiltrator except me or other users on the forums [Except I am slightly expecting them to a bit talking trash]

You haven't played in the higher-tier games (yet).  BTW, welcome to the war!

I can expect what they are but I want to see before making any conclusions. *bows as Infiltrator*

View PostEliteShooter, on March 08 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

9 hours _ well , I don't mean anything but I played about 500 hours and I'm still looking forward to learn more about the infiltrator , you can't make fast conclusions before you die against ... the ... um ... those guys that you'll know someday ...

It doesn't always require huge amounts of time to learn everything. On my part the tutorial was just excellent it filled me in about using mech [except the target practice and operating weapons was pretty much unnecessary on my part] It is not about that all the time. I admit that I time to time panic [and press accidentally Shift + S on expecting to boost backwards away from something as an example. Funny mistake now when I think about right now XD] Just on overall Infiltrator lacks on damage what other mechs are able to deal pretty much less than Tech's damage I say.

The grenade launcher is good but really unreliable on 1vs1 combat because of fire rate [What is good thing] I mostly use the poke around corner, blast grenade in mid air or direct hit tactic depending A HELL OF A LOT on situation where I am. Most players still has scars and holes from my cunning strategy to use the grenade launcher. I am a devil on using Grenade launcher. I love that weapon much as I hate but still I use it a lot.

Edited by Battlesbreak, March 08 2014 - 09:27 AM.

#5 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted March 08 2014 - 09:27 AM

While your enthusiasm towards Hawken and the infiltrator is much appreciated, I would recommend playing more to obtain better understanding of the strong and weak sides of this subclass.

#6 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostDerMax, on March 08 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

While your enthusiasm towards Hawken and the infiltrator is much appreciated, I would recommend playing more to obtain better understanding of the strong and weak sides of this subclass.

Well there is few problems on getting that mech maxed are on myself, team mates and pretty much P2Ws everywhere... Well I need to edit a bit this post OR I can make another post where I consider my past comments, dooming and given feedback.

Btw that what you call your location. LOL!

#7 Corpinator

Corpinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted March 08 2014 - 09:39 AM

You rang_

Posted Image

Anyways,

View PostBattlesbreak, on March 08 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

Snip

It is true that experience per amout of time input is different for every person, and in respect to your opinion, 9 hours is simply not enough to depict all the pros and cons about the infiltrator. While I agree that the heat cannon is a bit too strong, the overall feel of the mech is outstanding at can hold its own in any engagement. An infiltrator's playstyle is different and requires a bit of patience/time to harness its potential. You'll understand over a larger time frame than simply 9 hours. Check out livestreams that are posted on forums and observe high tier players utiziling the mech. You will glisten with knowledge.

Another thing. There is no such thing as P2W here. Everyone gets the same thing through grinding, and all you earn is an unlocked extra primary weapon. That doesn't necessarily mean that the unlocked weapon is best, and it doesn't mean you have fully mastered the mech. Again, time tells all!

Edited by Corpinator, March 08 2014 - 12:12 PM.

Posted Image

Need help picking out your next mech or weapons_ Check out Saturnine's Guide to the Classes.

#8 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted March 08 2014 - 09:42 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on March 08 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

pretty much P2Ws everywhere...

That's the problem for many new players. They don't know much about the game and assume that everything is pay2win and everyone uses pay2win...

Imo Hawken is not pay2win but it's "pay not to grind". There is a big difference there. Weapons that have to be unlocked aren't better by definition. They just play differently. It's all about finding the weapon that suits your playstyle the best. Try looking at it from this perspective: The grinding gives you time to train with the stuff you have. A player who bought all kinds of stuff will still be worse than a player who earned his stuff. Yes, having more equipment gives the enemy a small advantage but it's nothing that can't be overcome by skill.

All game influencing items/weapons/internals/mechs etc. can be bought with the ingame currency that you get for playing. The only items that have to be purchased with real money are completely cosmetic and don't impact the gameplay.

Edited by ReEvolve, March 08 2014 - 09:45 AM.

#9 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted March 08 2014 - 11:04 AM

Well there is few problems on getting that mech maxed are on myself, team mates and pretty much P2Ws everywhere... Well I need to edit a bit this post OR I can make another post where I consider my past comments, dooming and given feedback.

Not!!! ... and any time that is alleged the community ALWAYS pushes back hard.  One can buy all weapons, items, internals, etc., with HC (in-game currency).  The only thing that can't be bought with HC is cosmetics and skill.  The former requires MC (real money) and the latter requires time.

Edited by caduceus26, March 08 2014 - 11:34 AM.

ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#10 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostCorpinator, on March 08 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

You rang_

Posted Image

Anyways,

View PostBattlesbreak, on March 08 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

Snip

It is true that experience per amout of time input is different for every person, and in respect to your opinion, 9 hours is simply not enough to depict all the pros and cons about the infiltrator. While I agree that the heat cannon is a bit too strong, the overall feel of the mech is outstanding at can hold its own in any engagement. An infiltrator's playstyle is different and requires a bit of patience/time to harness its potential. You'll understand over a larger time frame than simply 9 hours. Check out livestreams that are posted on forums and observe high tier players utiziling the mech. You will glisten with knowledge.

Another thing. There is no such thing as P2W here. Everyone gets the same thing through grinding, and all you earn is an unlocked extra primary weapon. That doesn't necessarily mean that the unlocked weapon is best, and it doesn't mean you have fully mastered the mech. Again, time tells all!

View PostReEvolve, on March 08 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

pretty much P2Ws everywhere...

That's the problem for many new players. They don't know much about the game and assume that everything is pay2win and everyone uses pay2win...

Imo Hawken is not pay2win but it's "pay not to grind". There is a big difference there. Weapons that have to be unlocked aren't better by definition. They just play differently. It's all about finding the weapon that suits your playstyle the best. Try looking at it from this perspective: The grinding gives you time to train with the stuff you have. A player who bought all kinds of stuff will still be worse than a player who earned his stuff. Yes, having more equipment gives the enemy a small advantage but it's nothing that can't be overcome by skill.

All game influencing items/weapons/internals/mechs etc. can be bought with the ingame currency that you get for playing. The only items that have to be purchased with real money are completely cosmetic and don't impact the gameplay.

View Postcaduceus26, on March 08 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

Not!!! ... and any time that is alleged the community ALWAYS pushes back hard.  One can buy all weapons, items, internals, etc., with HC (in-game currency).  The only thing that can't be bought with HC is cosmetics and skill.  The former requires MC (real money) and the latter requires time.

About what you all said about P2W well we both are wrong the steam has the offer to buy and unlock everything order and I should have wrote as Pay not to grind. That is seriously annoying me. I myself used 9 € order and I didn't get code activated for some reason. Now steam is sending me that "HEY you didn't activate code" thingy that causes me to have headache.

What I really well by saying that Pay not to grind should be much more better I pretty much threw it to air that some of players P2Wed this game. Corpinator everybody is different there is people who after few minutes of playing game understands what's going on and what is still needed to be see while others has to insert hours like coins to vending machines. Reevolve depends on player that kind of tactic that you buy all stuff already [The steam offer] It can be that player has already played similar game as HAWKEN and tries out the weapons.

On PvE or on offline mode while even if AI is not good as the Player the test how does the weaponry works still gives a ground to stand on was it hard or hollow. Btw. I like your profile pick and reply pic :J For example I today learned how to use Zoom as Sharpshooter and I got on every match about over 7 kills and I have to say... OUCH those shots SERIOUSLY hurts.

Caduceus26 I have now went through what I should have wrote discussion on your part over. Yet we are talking now different thing [Thanks that I gone to damn mess it all up] Let's stay on the topic please. [BTW: Send me private messages if something is still bothering on my text]

PS: Corpinator. That pic... LOL! The splash damage should be removed and making it direct hit only but deals considerable damage would be really good trade off. Just one more thing about difference between persons while gaming. It takes me low time to learn things they are taught to me. Tutorial is delicious :P Agh... Nearly forgot to mention that hope fully this game is not same kind of mess of damn grinding like the Warframe *hides mouth with hands. Shows with finger "Just a second" goes to vomit to toilet* That grinding.... IS.... SO.... D...I...S...G...U...S...T...I...N...G

Just as I have to say I do have patience but I do have will to fight. And a lot of it. I guess that I need to focus on flanking more that is so much fun but I still think that camouflage needs buff also Stalker ability needs buff. It was way too easy to see somebody stalking around. [Except that mech is OP at health section Burst assassin with 500 health or more. Makes me ask... Seriously_]

#11 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 04:21 PM

Infil is a beast. Learn to use the EOC or heat and you'll see why

Edited by IareDave, March 08 2014 - 04:21 PM.

#12 Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas, baby.

Posted March 08 2014 - 05:26 PM

Infiltrator is both subtle and tank-like.

Higher-level play pretty much has at least one Infil per side, and as everyone here is telling you, it's for a reason.

I've said it before:  if you master the HEAT or EOC Infil, you will understand everything Hawken.
Posted Image

#13 WooF_WooF

WooF_WooF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 06:38 PM

View PostBattlesbreak, on March 08 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

About what you all said about P2W well we both are wrong the steam has the offer to buy and unlock everything order and I should have wrote as Pay not to grind. That is seriously annoying me. I myself used 9 € order and I didn't get code activated for some reason. Now steam is sending me that "HEY you didn't activate code" thingy that causes me to have headache.

Don't know if this will help you but if you go to your game library on steam, and right click on Hawken, you can see "activation cd key", that should show you the redeem code to get what you paid for. Then all you have to do is to go on this site and copy/paste it on the proper page.

#14 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 07:11 PM

View PostWooF_WooF, on March 08 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

View PostBattlesbreak, on March 08 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

Don't know if this will help you but if you go to your game library on steam, and right click on Hawken, you can see "activation cd key", that should show you the redeem code to get what you paid for. Then all you have to do is to go on this site and copy/paste it on the proper page.

Problem is that I don't find it [The web page]... I am soon getting EOC and I enjoy still playing infiltrator. Also we are a bit still jumping off the topic on one post so can we discuss a bit about how to make infiltrator seen more with his team. To me I just flank opponents and that is so lonely job...

As your team mates pushes forward and collides on the enemy strong point. You look somewhere else pick the road and flank your narrow minded enemies annihilating every last one of them giving a lesson that never ignore power of infiltrator flank.

Gotta admit now then I have machine gun back on I have to say that Cannon is not that good actually. But the direct hit clicking should be a bit more rewarding. Short story about Infiltrator flanking is that never leave the road behind you, around you or forward of you unchecked because Infiltrator might feel stabby on your back but this knife wounds more radically than thousands swords.

Edited by Battlesbreak, March 08 2014 - 07:14 PM.

#15 WooF_WooF

WooF_WooF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 07:19 PM

http://www.playhawken.com/redeem-code

#16 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 04:37 AM

View PostWooF_WooF, on March 08 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

The code doesn't work HAWKEN network says that it is already used. Uhh... Can somebody send message to those who are responsible of these codes that I need help. I am seriously trapped now.

#17 WooF_WooF

WooF_WooF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 07:25 AM

Arg, that sux man :/

Well all you can do now is contact either steam or hawken support, provide them with the informations about the transaction you got on your email box (number of the transaction, date and time etc.).

Might help but don't expect a quick answer !

#18 Claxus

Claxus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 09 2014 - 06:12 PM

Btw I need to say one thing about Cannon... Nerf it it is too good.

It doesn't always require huge amounts of time to learn everything

Gotta admit now then I have machine gun back on I have to say that Cannon is not that good actually
Nine hours not enough after all, huh_ Trust us when we say this game requires a lot of experience. You can pick this game up and play well after the tutorial, that's simple. Understanding the pros and cons and effectiveness of every mech and weapon, on the other hand, require much more than nine hours. By the the way, Steam calculates the time when the game is on, not in a match... Your actual in-battle time can be seen in the career tab of the game menu. Might not be a significant difference, but the idle minutes really do add up, depending on your habits especially.

Well, I don't mean to be rude, but honestly, it seriously shows, from what you've been saying, that you have a long way to go in experience with the game. Practically everything you suggested to buff stealth and the Infiltrator would be game-breaking and make it a monster... The P2W subject has already been dealt with, but to summarize, all people are paying for are different weapons that for the most part, other mechs even start with, and in some cases, are even considered worse than the other choices. Even as 'pay to grind,' there is nothing to be gained other than instant gratification for an alternate playstyle.

You also said you want to not rely on team mates... Well, you have to. Every mech has to, even the bigmans. You're not relying on your team, though, youre working with them. Anyone who tries to goes it solo, no matter what they are, will be defeated. There is no such thing as a mech that doesn't 'rely' on teammates in this game. In other words, the Infiltrator doesn't need any buffs to be seen with his team, the pilot is the one who dictates that. Be aware of your surroundings all the time, making sure your team is nearby. If you're going to flank, make sure you can quickly fall back. If you're going to use stealth, stay near teammates so they take the visual focus and then strike. And if you want to stealth in solo to flank or such, just remember you're in "camouflage," not actual stealth, so take a route with a low profile and stay near obstacles and walls, and dark areas like shadows if possible.

And grenades... They're amazing in 1vs1. All secondaries suffer from low refire rates, but grenades IMO are just under tow rockets. Their splash damage and area is extremely reliable against anything, easy to hit with and powerful. A little awkward to get used to the arcing shots at first, but trust me, especially on Infiltrator, it's so hard to beat them 1vs1 when they're so fast with frequent light-class dodges and they're tossing out practically undodgeable grenade explosions.

The Infiltrator is an extremely solid Type-A mech, and honestly doesn't need any changes right now. Despite how you feel, you have a ways to go to becoming a super pilot. Just stay on the road and keep fighting, you'll understand the mechs better as you go along. Your opinions right now are good, though, it's all these thoughts that eventually lead up to understanding and success.
Use power for the right things. At least for the things that you believe in. ~ Dingo Egret - Zone of the Enders 2
Posted Image
Faithful to my deus machina Bruiser.

#19 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted March 10 2014 - 12:09 AM

View PostClaxus, on March 09 2014 - 06:12 PM, said:

-SNIP-

And grenades... They're amazing in 1vs1. All secondaries suffer from low refire rates, but grenades IMO are just under tow rockets. Their splash damage and area is extremely reliable against anything, easy to hit with and powerful. A little awkward to get used to the arcing shots at first, but trust me, especially on Infiltrator, it's so hard to beat them 1vs1 when they're so fast with frequent light-class dodges and they're tossing out practically undodgeable grenade explosions.

The Infiltrator is an extremely solid Type-A mech, and honestly doesn't need any changes right now. Despite how you feel, you have a ways to go to becoming a super pilot. Just stay on the road and keep fighting, you'll understand the mechs better as you go along. Your opinions right now are good, though, it's all these thoughts that eventually lead up to understanding and success.

I know that I have melted several Assaults by their mistake to chase me or when I am on the chase. What you said about the camouflage well it mostly fools everybody on long range but I feel more comfortable to close in from flank route I got to say everybody who has met me from flanking hates me. Everybody who chases me unprepared for an ambush by my allies or my surprise counter assault will be extremely mad at me and wanting nerf to grenade launcher machine gun combo. Gotta love those directs hits so amusing. TOW is boring I love to be tricky TOW rockets are too easy to dodge.

But grenades has ballistic fly path like a slinged rock + they rebounds from walls what enemies might not always expect you to shoot at to hit you on after math. I do know that Steam calculates by the time you have spend on game but on the battles I have spend maybe right now more than 8 hours not sure. Just unlocked the EOC but... The cost of it... Is over 6000... :( Well I can get that battled through quickly to try it out. Just like I wrote that it takes incredibly low time to me learn things. For some reason I am better on direct hitting on HAWKEN than on TF2.

If you are looking for somebody to teach to use GL just let me know. I love poking around corners and direct hit landing from nowhere. [Actually got to say one thing] The grenade launcher once brought me unwanted kill I was just feeling like "Let's launch this grenade over there *direct hit and kill* WTF_! *takes a look on kill feed I really destroyed somebody accidentally* Whoops..."

Gotta admit always when I get double kill I become relentlessly berserk because when I know that there is two down from enemy it is time to strike and hard. G2's, CRTs, Vanguards and many other Mechs even Infiltrator mech users knows how hard I can hit. What I love on Infiltrator still is that element of surprise is just so unbeatable having a reliable damage dealing weapon and on direct hit devastator there is no way to escape me when I am on the hunt for mech low on health.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

No matter how many swords you bring or how experienced men you bring all that matters is how you use them. Remember there is always an eye among us following up with a body preparing to strike.

#20 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted March 10 2014 - 06:52 AM

I am starting feel like that Infiltrator is too reliant on surprise attacks, too reliant on team mates or flanking totally. I have upped the Infiltrator by playing to the fourth level and I can say I need to break down a bit him to give filling feedback and suggestions.

What I love:

Camouflage flanking
Heart attacking players.
Speed and mobility.
BEST Risk vs Reward mech.
Difficult.

What I hate:

Way too reliant on team mates. More than berserker or generally any other mech.
Unable to solo kill without kite damaging an enemy player's mech..
Not necessarily. This mech, when played right, can take on multiple players. However, it requires playing smart and using cover.
Lowest health of all mechs.
It has the third lowest in the game. Scout and tech have the lowest.
Lowest burst.
With heat and EOC, it actually has some of the highest burst. I would put it right up there with the scout. Or at least a step below it.
Not a team player. Total assassin
Again, that is incorrect. The infil is one of the best mechs you can have flanking your side. It is great for harassing enemy positions or be used as a distraction.
Lowest damage
If you land your hits, it has some of the most consistent damage in the game. However, it doesn't have the highest DPS. The Lowest damage in the game is the tech and G2.
Difficult.
Camouflage barely viable.
I never have a problem seeing them. Though it can be tough.
Cool down of Camouflage.
It use to be much worse. Actually, it use to be basically useless.
Generally looks like to be most under powered mech
NEVER underestimate an infil.
Rarely used.
In higher tiers of play, you see them actually a lot. God they are freaking annoying.

Impact on battlefield:

Either most low or most highest depending where you are and how much enemies knows about infiltrator and your skills as infiltrator. Basically I can say that berserker to be his upgrade.
The Infiltrator is not a berserker and has a completely different play style. It starts off with the Assault rifle, but it is most dangerous and powerful with the Heat Cannon or EOC. EOC being the most difficult to use. It is more or less a shadow on the battlefield but can have a major impact when played right. However, it is all dependent on the match and pilot behind the mech.

Camouflage:

As I mentioned nearly useless. You ALWAYS NEED A TEAM MATE to distract the target what you are going to assassinate. Good on securing flanking routes or on using the route for flank and using the ability as arrives to vicinity of enemies. Never viable escape ability BUT able to be made to be viable. Nearly forgot mention good on camping for targets or when taking a hiding place. To get kill with this thing requires you toget WAYYY too close of enemies and taking long abandoned routes takes too long time.
You are playing the infil wrong... It is great flanking as you said, but it is also a very powerful ability when timed correctly. In the heat of a battle, actually getting close, juking, then going invisible will through your opponent off and allow you to either escape or hit with an attack that they never saw coming. However, you have a very small window to make your move. Also, when fighting around corners you can use it to setup ambushes and confuse your enemy. God, this ability is so awesome you just gotta be opened minded and think outside the box.

Mech weaponry and use item:

The scrambler is just so good I have had been victim of it too and I know fuzzy bunny that thing is so evil and bloody good.
If you learn to read the radar, you can read through the scramble. It has never affected me.
Grenade launcher is just so god like for Infiltrator if you are playing Cannon infiltrator. You must love to have so much surprise attack damage fully charged cannon shot at direct hit and grenade launcher direct hit are so devastating either your target panics desperately starts to shoot you or becomes a prey to your or to your team mates.
It is also great for corner play...

The machine gun is okay but I find myself enjoying to blast in to hell some players with Cannon and Grenade launcher. Btw I need to say one thing about Cannon... Nerf it it is too good. The damage what I can deal with it on direct hits or charged ones are seriously scary I can melt a vanguard kind of mechs in 2 seconds. Charged cannon direct hit, Grenade launcher direct hit and repeat it once. Boom! Dead.

The heat is in a really good place right now. Learn to dodge and move. It is actually a tough weapon to use and master. Also, vanguard is weak with distance usually anyways. Heat infil can basically snipe you at medium distances and run away. And it takes more than 2 seconds to kill a vanguard. Either the player was not very good or they were in turret mode.

On having 330 health I can say that. When berseker has 365 and nearly three times faster burst down speed. I seriously feel like that why in the hell Infiltrator is forgotten. Has it been nerfed or just left out_ Because instead of Infiltrator 98% of my yesterday's matches had berserker instead of Infiltrator.
Again, you are playing the mech wrong. However, if the berserker is flying around, it makes hitting things hard. Work on your aim.

But even if he is weak I still enjoy playing infiltrator. Now to the suggestions to make Infiltrator a bit more team player OR a seriously should be feared assassin like berserker as I mentioned Infiltrator must be most DIFFICULT mech on game.
It is not even close to the most difficult... Pred is MUCH harder as it requires you to throw everything you know out the window and start over.

Camouflage suggestions [pick one or multiple]:

Allow Infiltrator deal more damage for short time after coming out of camouflage.
This would likely break game balance... no
Create 5 moving decoys as Infiltrator engages the camouflage.
Hm... I like it :wub:
Remove the gas loss while on camouflage but do not allow the mech to regenerate it either.
That would break the mech.. no. Now the thing cannot move or anything.
Allow Infiltrator to have higher fire rate for short time after coming out of camouflage.
Again, not a good idea.
Allow Infiltrator move faster while on camouflage.
Already does.
Upgrade the camouflage from not able to be collide on him and/or make the camouflage hide all your movement.
The laws of the universe would be broken and no. That would be completely broken. It is OPTICAL camouflage. Not run around in a parallel universe.
Allow Infiltrator to repair itself while on camouflage without disengaging it.
OPTICAL CAMO DAMMIT!!!!
Allow Infiltrator to deal more damage on first strike by the amount of time he has spent on camouflage.
That would cause game balance issues. It is already fine where it is.
Allow Infiltrator to do not take any damage on first 2 seconds on camouflage. <--- OP.

To itself Mech [pick one or multiple]:

Give him automatic weapons to both Primary and secondary for more burst damage. <--- Might be OP.
That is sustained not burst... And that will never happen... ever
Higher movement speed. -
This is universal. The game needs to be faster period.
Same health as Berserker or slightly lower around 350 would be pretty okay on my part.
Grenade launcher marks for death an enemy on direct hit. Marked for death enemy takes 10% more damage for few seconds. Recommendable duration 2 or 3 seconds. <-- I highly recommend to make him team player and pretty much best buff from all of these what I can suggest.
Weaponry deals extra damage from behind and slightly more when on face to face combat. (OP possibly)

More fuel than other mechs.
It already has a huge fuel tank... It is second largest out of all A class
More boost speed.

Again, the game needs more speed.
Less damage as you are boosting.
Less strafe cool down time.
Higher fuel regeneration.
Lock on weapons can not lock on at all on Infiltrator. <--- OP I KNOW!
Weapon what is like a shotgun.

Remember I AM NOT waiting that all of these happen. I am just SUGGESTING either some of these or at least one on each suggestion section would happen. When comparing the Infiltrator to other mechs I can say that he is most under powered. You always need to target players who are setting down to repair [A.K.A low on health] Or just being a scout for the team who can turn invisible for few seconds.

Well I think that was it I hope that this starts a conversation and that we could arrive to some kind of solution to make Infiltrator a bit more popular and considerable pick because as I mentioned. Pretty much nobody picks Infiltrator except me or other users on the forums [Except I am slightly expecting them to a bit talking trash]
^_^

Edited by OmegaNull, March 10 2014 - 06:54 AM.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users