HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Infiltrator weapons

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted June 24 2014 - 06:11 AM

Like Elite Shooter mentioned, you've got to pay more attention to aiming carefully because it is meant for slightly father distance than SMC and Vulcan.

The mini flak on the other hand is an extremely close range weapon; pretty much the opposite of the AR. The mini flak damage is reduced quite a bit when your target is too far away. Same goes for the regular flak cannon.

#22 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted June 24 2014 - 12:48 PM

View PostClaxus, on March 10 2014 - 11:56 PM, said:

The heat cannon is a very powerful weapon on the Infiltrator, but it sounds like it's just not for you. Other people make great use of it, but it's really all about preference, I myself prefer the assault rifle on Infy.

you said my name :3

#23 Moreapples

Moreapples

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationHilversum

Posted June 24 2014 - 02:23 PM

View Postmmm_yep, on June 24 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

Like Elite Shooter mentioned, you've got to pay more attention to aiming carefully because it is meant for slightly father distance than SMC and Vulcan.

The mini flak on the other hand is an extremely close range weapon; pretty much the opposite of the AR. The mini flak damage is reduced quite a bit when your target is too far away. Same goes for the regular flak cannon.

mini flak infil
ok

Posted Image

#24 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted June 24 2014 - 04:03 PM

View PostMoreapples, on June 24 2014 - 02:23 PM, said:

View Postmmm_yep, on June 24 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

mini flak infil
ok
Obviously the mini flak is not available on Infiltrator. I just mentioned it because the poster was asking about it. Definitely off topic for this thread though, sorry.

Edited by mmm_yep, June 24 2014 - 04:04 PM.

#25 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted July 02 2014 - 05:18 AM

AR Infil = Sustained Duelist. HC Infil = Assassin. EOC Infil = Defensive Striker.

#26 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted July 02 2014 - 11:11 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on July 02 2014 - 05:18 AM, said:

AR Infil = Sustained Duelist.

Dueling with that only works in scrubpubs.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#27 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted July 02 2014 - 10:06 PM

More of an assist machine than duelist, not enough health to last very long in a DPS fight.
Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#28 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted July 03 2014 - 01:05 AM

View PostMeraple, on July 02 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

Actually it does do good on other players too. I have had been playing a lot Infiltrator and always have my AR with me. You just need to know how to lurk, flank and disengage. Also if you know when and where to engage your enemy is important too.

View PostStingz, on July 02 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

More of an assist machine than duelist, not enough health to last very long in a DPS fight.

Highly matter of player. As was said that playing Infiltrator requires patience to fully harness this power.

#29 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted July 03 2014 - 03:08 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on July 03 2014 - 01:05 AM, said:

Actually it does do good on other players too. I have had been playing a lot Infiltrator and always have my AR with me. You just need to know how to lurk, flank and disengage. Also if you know when and where to engage your enemy is important too.

Dueling full-HP B classes is a death sentence for an AR Infiltrator, if they're both decent pilots.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#30 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted July 03 2014 - 04:10 PM

View PostMeraple, on July 03 2014 - 03:08 AM, said:

Dueling full-HP B classes is a death sentence for an AR Infiltrator, if they're both decent pilots.

You just go full tangent here. It is highly matter of situation. Isn't it_ "Oh soldier who ever they would find to replace you_ ANYONE! HAHAHAHAA!"

#31 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted July 04 2014 - 02:36 AM

View PostBattlesbreak, on July 03 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

You just go full tangent here. It is highly matter of situation. Isn't it_ "Oh soldier who ever they would find to replace you_ ANYONE! HAHAHAHAA!"

What_

Posted Image

Spoiler

#32 coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted July 09 2014 - 08:04 PM

My $0.02:  The heat cannon on the infiltrator, for me, was just training for the EOC repeater - learning to lead your target, as well as fine-tuning your strike timing. It even taught me when to charge and not to charge the shots, to a degree.

The EOC is my choice for the infiltrator.  a full volley of pucks plus a -direct- hit from a nade will leave any pestering A classes running with ~10% of their health left. The real trick is landing the shots.  4 seconds later - and some careful maneuvering - you're done rinsing and ready to repeat, cloaked or not. 6 seconds, and you have removed 2 a classes from the fight.

Just watched your allies come down on a B/C class, only to have his teammates swoop in to save him, while the first target flees with half his health_  Pop that cloak, charge up a shot, hunt him down, and finish that funny buzzy off with a EOC/GL combo, just for not sticking out the fight.  Shame on you. :P

Is your team pinned down by some peekaboos, or is the line simply not advancing_ Just lay down some pucks on the ground where he takes his shots, or in enemy movement patterns (trust me, they're predictable).  Your enemy will get real tired of getting hurt just trying to move around.  Congratulations, you have moved from burst assassin to movement dictator.

but that's just how I roll in my infiltrator. and all of these tactics can be learned while using the HCN,  and they'll become much more powerful with the repeater.

A note on dueling:  It can be done with the infil, but it's not intended for fair fights - more like dirty-dogging, eye-gouging, hair-pulling, ankle-biting, just-plain-ugly fights... in the mud.  Don't punch 'em in the face, shiv 'em in the kidneys!

Crash and burn!

Edited by coldform, July 09 2014 - 08:11 PM.

Posted Image

"Sometimes, You just gotta die... just to get your items back." - Mogote

#33 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted July 10 2014 - 04:24 PM

View Postcoldform, on July 09 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

Don't punch 'em in the face, shiv 'em in the kidneys!

It should be noted that to punch someone in the face has a greater probability of killing them than putting an elbow in their kidneys....

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#34 coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted July 10 2014 - 05:36 PM

View PostIronClamp, on July 10 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

It should be noted that to punch someone in the face has a greater probability of killing them than putting an elbow in their kidneys....

a shiv: a makeshift knife. as in backstabbing...

Edited by coldform, July 10 2014 - 05:44 PM.

Posted Image

"Sometimes, You just gotta die... just to get your items back." - Mogote

#35 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted July 10 2014 - 11:06 PM

View Postcoldform, on July 10 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

Shiv is a verb_ I'm learning things everyday

#36 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted July 11 2014 - 06:05 AM

View PostInfyrno, on July 10 2014 - 11:06 PM, said:

View Postcoldform, on July 10 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

Shiv is a verb_ I'm learning things everyday
Shiv (verb) - To shiv someone in the kidney with a shiv.

#37 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted July 11 2014 - 06:54 AM

I absolutely terrorized players with the Heat Cannon.

Those who played against me in Siege will tell you.  I played Heat Cannon so much I got bored with it and switched to EOC which I consider harder to use and therefore less effective (TTK goes up using this weapon).

Lately I've noticed that the Zerker with an SMC or Vulcan was hard to kill in my Inful so I switch to the Zerker.  IMO, Sustained weapons are Strong now particularly the SMC.  I tried the AR on the Inful but didn't feel like it had enough Stopping power as the SMC on a Zerker.

When I get bored of spamming SMC on Zerker I might go back to Heat Inful or switch back when the Devs react to players complaining about sustained weapons being too strong and buff the burst weapons.

#38 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted July 11 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostBurnsHot, on July 11 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

Those who played against me in Siege will tell you.  I played Heat Cannon so much I got bored with it and switched to EOC which I consider harder to use and therefore less effective (TTK goes up using this weapon).

Wanna duel me_ Both of us in Heat mechs.

Posted Image

#39 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted July 11 2014 - 11:19 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on July 11 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

View PostBurnsHot, on July 11 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

Wanna duel me_ Both of us in Heat mechs.

Did your epeen get HARD reading my post_   I was only trying to get the OP to realize that Burst weapons are not useless as his obvious limited experience has lead him to believe.

If I see you in game Sure we can duke it out.  You are just another number.  The line starts at the back of the room.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users