HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Several new mech ideas!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 11:41 AM

Alright, so, I've only been playing this game for a bit but I've been daydreaming of some new ideas for some new mechs. Please take a look and tell me what you think:

-REQUEST-: I don't quite have the time to find out myself, so if someone could post the specific stats for the Corsair-KLA's modes, both of them (damage, RoF, etc.), I would be profoundly thankful.

Type-A “Guard” Nickname: Lawkeeper
Primary: Assault Rifle, Magnum (alternate), T32-Bolt (prestige)
Secondary: Thanatos Rifle
Ability: Counter - when activated, absorbs 25% of damage taken for 4 seconds, then adds that damage on to the next shot fired by the mech.
Description: Originally developed as a border patrol mech, it was found that the N9 Henderson frame was more suited to defending points of strategic importance and thus found its place as the guardsman's mech of choice.
- Point Defense
- Close-quarters skirmisher
DRAWBACKS: Low fuel capacity, lessened speed.
Notes - 340 armor.

Type-B “Cowboy” Nickname: Desperado
Primary: Magnum, Breacher (alternate), Reflak-35 (prestige)
Secondary: Magnum
Magnum description: deals large amounts of damage per shot with high accuracy, but shoots slowly and builds up a large amount of heat with each shot.
Ability: Gunslinger – negate heat buildup and increase firing rate for a short period of time (~3 seconds).
Description: A mech cobbled together from battlefield debris by locals whose land had been devastated by the war, the Cowboy soon became a common sight as a threatening mech used to chase off bandits and those with non-altruistic intentions. On the occasions that the machine's look itself is not enough of a deterrent, its devastating arm cannons come into play to reduce any other mech to so much scrap.
- Powerful assault
- Run and gun
- Quick runner
DRAWBACKS: Low fuel, lessened armor
Notes - 490 armor

Type-C “Rhino”
Primary: Reflak-35, T32-Bolt (alternate), EOC Repeater (prestige)
Secondary: Flechette Shotgun
Flechette Shotgun description: Deals a heavy amount of damage per shot, but fires slowly and builds up a lot of heat.
Notes: Flechette Shotgun should deal more damage than the Corsair-KLA's MIRV mode (which deals 18 damage per explosive pellet as per the latest update), but also fire slower.
Ability: Rhino Charge – when activated, the Rhino dashes forwards in a straight line, consuming all fuel available but dealing a large amount of damage to any enemy mech caught by the charge.
Description: Inspired by a long-extinct animal, the O3 Smith frame became commonly known as the Rhino for its extremely tough armor and powerful charges. When you desperately need someone to break down enemy fortifications, call a Rhino.
- Heavily armored tank
- Leads the charge
- Close-quarters skirmisher
DRAWBACKS: slower, heat builds up faster on weapons
Notes - 775 armor

Weapon Statistics
Thanatos Rifle
Description: A monster of a sniper rife, the Thanatos fires a devasting discarding-sabot, armor-piercing round.
Damage: 220
Accuracy: 75
Rate of Fire: 0.05
Effective Range: 90m
Heat Rate: 15.00

Magnum
Description: A weapon modeled after quaint old revolvers, the magnum fires slowly but steadily, and inflicts a large amount of damage per shot.
Damage: 66
Accuracy: 64
Rate of Fire: 0.60
Effective Range: 50m
Heat Rate: 7.50

Flechette Shotgun
Description: Devastating close-range weapon designed to take down mechs quickly. Powerful, but fires slowly and generates a lot of heat.
Damage: 82
Accuracy: 44
Rate of Fire: 0.25
Effective Range: 10m
Heat Rate: 12.05
-Notes-: Fires a spread of 8 flechettes, metal spikes.

Edited by HadronVictorioso, May 07 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#2 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted March 12 2014 - 12:02 PM

Very interesting ideas! I especially like the "Cowboy". It reminds me a bit of the Raider, and has a sort of G2 Assault thing going with its weapons (secondary can also be primary - the Magnum in this case).

The "Rhino's" ability is somewhat similar to an idea that was tossed around on the forums a long time ago. Long before a C class got an ability other than turret mode. Still, it's an idea that sounds cool. Would be interesting to see how it performs in-game.

The "Guard" almost sounds like a re-purposed Bruiser. In a war-torn environment, I could see that happening (IIRC, some of the lore behind a few of the mechs is that they ARE re-purposed from other functions such as mining, etc)

Edited by ShadowGTR, March 12 2014 - 12:04 PM.

Posted Image

#3 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 12:21 PM

Glad you like them :D

#4 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 01:16 PM

Ahhh, finally all those spam posts got deleted.

#5 Sulfaid

Sulfaid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 07:38 PM

I approve of the "Cowboy." If it makes me feel any bit like the Gunslinger from the Dark Tower series, I'm all for it.

Bonus points if it twirls its magnums.

#6 Trych

Trych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 07:48 PM

Always liked the idea of a "Cowboy" mech.

Now if you gave it a hat, I would buy it any day.

ideas are bad

#7 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 08:10 PM

View PostTrych, on March 12 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

Always liked the idea of a "Cowboy" mech.

Now if you gave it a hat, I would buy it any day.
I don't quite have a design yet, I'm not very good at drawing. But yes, a hat was part of my plan :D

#8 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted March 12 2014 - 08:26 PM

Like it, just wish for more varied weapons, particularly primary ones, otherwise, +1.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#9 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 10:04 PM

View PostSilverfire, on March 12 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

Like it, just wish for more varied weapons, particularly primary ones, otherwise, +1.
I think I did pretty well coming up the concepts considering I thought of them at 4a.m.

#10 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 06:14 AM

Anyone tell me how to make this a poll_ I can't remember.

#11 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted March 13 2014 - 12:47 PM

These are really cool mech ideas!  I'd totally pilot the Rhino!

#12 Tlee3205

Tlee3205

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 04:52 PM

Only problem(s).. I don't know about the rhino dude. Totally depends on looks and animations but the ability seems.. odd. Not sure if it would work. Also too many C classes already have the grenade launcher. We need new weapons with these ideas. They all feel like re-purposed old ideas. The Guard is op. It can't be good at long and short range. With tweaks though, I think you could turn this into a great idea.

#13 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 09:11 PM

View PostTlee3205, on March 13 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

Only problem(s).. I don't know about the rhino dude. Totally depends on looks and animations but the ability seems.. odd. Not sure if it would work. Also too many C classes already have the grenade launcher. We need new weapons with these ideas. They all feel like re-purposed old ideas. The Guard is op. It can't be good at long and short range. With tweaks though, I think you could turn this into a great idea.
If the Guard is OP, then the Sharpshooter is definitely OP. He has SA Hawkins and Sabot Rifle, so he can hit you a couple of times with Sabot Rifle while you try and close the distance then take you out with SA Hawkins (experience as an assault talking here).

And I didn't really come up with a lot of new weapon ideas because, again, it was 4 a.m. :/

#14 Nigrodamis

Nigrodamis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted March 13 2014 - 09:38 PM

They need to make a phoenix mech that has a flamethrower.

#15 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted March 13 2014 - 11:01 PM

And so, another awesome idea is ihnored, because priorities.

I like the idea but I think HWK will not even think about involving these because they are 'busy'. :/

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#16 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted April 29 2014 - 12:24 AM

Really, I love all of these. I feel like the Guard would be better off as a light, a la, Reaper with with a vulcan. Could also use a new ability, since damage absorb belongs to the Bruiser, and the abilities are unique to each mech. Maybe... "Vigilance," grants temporary infra-red vision and moderate movement speed boost, or something like that. The Cowboy is definitely my favorite of all these, and I want it so bad. The Rhino sounds INCREDIBLY cool, and would be a breath of breath of fresh air for heavy pilots, I'm sure. ;P All in all, well done. :D

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#17 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted April 29 2014 - 03:49 AM

View PostSatelliteJack, on April 29 2014 - 12:24 AM, said:

Really, I love all of these. I feel like the Guard would be better off as a light, a la, Reaper with with a vulcan. Could also use a new ability, since damage absorb belongs to the Bruiser, and the abilities are unique to each mech. Maybe... "Vigilance," grants temporary infra-red vision and moderate movement speed boost, or something like that. The Cowboy is definitely my favorite of all these, and I want it so bad. The Rhino sounds INCREDIBLY cool, and would be a breath of breath of fresh air for heavy pilots, I'm sure. ;P All in all, well done. :D
Thank you. :3

#18 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted April 29 2014 - 06:32 AM

I've made some changes to the Guard and Rhino!

Edited by HadronVictorioso, April 29 2014 - 07:45 AM.

#19 HadronVictorioso

HadronVictorioso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted April 29 2014 - 08:49 AM

Still looking for feedback :)

#20 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted April 29 2014 - 01:02 PM

Honestly, I prefer the old Guard with the KE-Sabot. now it's basically a Scout. Counter sounds okay.

-edit- I do agree with Tlee, the Rhino needs a different secondary. Maybe something like a TOW or even something else altogether.

Edited by SatelliteJack, April 29 2014 - 01:05 PM.

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users