HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Siege Mandatory Tutorial_

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Aerostatic

Aerostatic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 12:37 PM

Due to the influx of new players, and people who are switching to siege mode as one of their go-to-gamemodes, should there be an in depth mandatory siege tutorial when entering the game mode for the first time_ I feel as if most do not look at the rules, and the in game UI tutorial isn't really noticeable. I'm writing about this due the constant lack of knowledgeable players that I run into. More often that not, I will join a siege game where it's 3000 to 400, where my team is shooting at the ship itself. Thoughts_

#2 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted March 14 2014 - 01:09 PM

I agree that there should be a tutorial on Siege.  I don't think it's the cause of all terrible scores though.

#3 Phantasmo

Phantasmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 04:53 PM

I've had many games where my team would refuse to try to capture the AA. They just stand there shooting at the enemy from behind cover.
They don't give a damn about the AA, the ship or the game itself.

#4 blueberry_sushi

blueberry_sushi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 15 2014 - 02:00 AM

Literally three quarters of my siege games I seem to get teams that have no idea how to play. One thing that i noticed is that there is no information about game modes when you go to queue for games. While TDM and DM are self explanatory there is no information about the other modes. In fact there isn't anything about siege or missile defense explained anywhere outside the modes themselves, so this definitely needs to be changed. Something should be added to the training in the beginning that describes how it works and walks you through gathering EU, delivering EU, Securing the AA, and Attacking the enemy Battleship.

#5 AsianMagick

AsianMagick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 15 2014 - 08:08 PM

I definitely agree that there should be at least a tutorial on how this game mode works, even if it is just a briefing. Personally, I am new to the game myself and when I tried to play Siege mode the first time I was just sitting there shooting at the other team because I had no clue what was happening.

#6 Duralumi

Duralumi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 07:47 AM

how about
for the first 5 siege games somebody plays in their lifetime
we make all the audio and visual cues that indicate what to do, ten times as loud and obnoxious
After disabling signatures I found my forum-browsing experience had improved marginally.

#7 McBonY

McBonY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 02:21 AM

The siege is not a rocket science. I understood the importance of AA half way through my first game without anyone explaining it. You can't force people to care, and no tutorial will help if they just don't give a damn and want to shoot at stuff. Besides, you have all that radio chatter telling you what to do during sieges. All that "collect EU", "protect EU carriers", "secure AA". How much more do you really need to figure out what to do_ ;]

One thing could help though. Make TDM a default option when pressing "Play" ;] People who just press play to shoot up stuff won't see sieges anymore.

#8 kerberan

kerberan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 03:33 AM

If a player shoots at the battleship he cares about the game and victory, he simply doesn't understand the nuances of the siege mode. Even on some siege guides you can read that shooting a battleship is a good thing. I can agree with that if a BS has health about 10% but not more than that.

When I started to play I had no clue what siege and missile assault were so I kept playing just team deathmatch. Then I found a siege guide but still needed some play time to understand it completely. I started playing missile assault only recently. Developers should at least write descriptions of the various modes on this site.

#9 ASneakyFox

ASneakyFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted March 30 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostMcBonY, on March 17 2014 - 02:21 AM, said:

The siege is not a rocket science. I understood the importance of AA half way through my first game without anyone explaining it. You can't force people to care, and no tutorial will help if they just don't give a damn and want to shoot at stuff. Besides, you have all that radio chatter telling you what to do during sieges. All that "collect EU", "protect EU carriers", "secure AA". How much more do you really need to figure out what to do_ ;]

One thing could help though. Make TDM a default option when pressing "Play" ;] People who just press play to shoot up stuff won't see sieges anymore.

it took me about 4-5 games to understand the aa. i mean its obvious that its important being a big flashing objective. but everything inolving the aa takes a few games to figure out. the first couple of games i thought the aa itself was shooting at the enemy base.

then after figuring out the how fuel-launch-defend thing... it took me probably several more games to learn all the little mechanics that have major importance on gameplay.

there just needs to be a required training session to unlock siege mode, just like what is done in dota 2.

#10 akiradaniel18

akiradaniel18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted April 19 2014 - 06:27 AM

is the Dev even listening or reading our posts_ Gosh, they should have taken some action.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users