HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Attention All Pilots: PAA - 3 things to abide by while playing!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted March 18 2014 - 08:41 PM

I follow 3 basic rules: PAA

Positioning
This is a may seem very basic but it is one of the most important aspects of the entire game. Due to the high speed and various other variables of the game, knowing and understanding the movement system is critical. This plays heavily into your battles with other players and when you are fighting in a team based game defending a point. Paying attention to radar, getting a jump on an enemy, or even just simply knowing when and where to heal. These all fall under this. This also leads into the next category.

Aim
Another very basic rule, but this is key as well. Because of the limited turn cap of the game, aiming is something that is extremely important. Using your ability to dodge and position yourself correctly to offset how much you have to aim helps in quickening your ability to smite your foe. Also, maintaining a constant bead on someone moving quickly will allow you to bring down even the fastest mechs. Timing and placing a well aimed shot can be the difference between life and death.

Avoidance
Knowing and understanding the movement mechanics of the game allow you excel  in many aspects, however, not taking a hit is also key to survival in the long run. Judging and gauging the time it takes for a TOW to reload or when to dodge a hellfire is can help immensely. Reading your opponent and judging what to do and when. Also, knowing when and how to use cover or obstacles (EVEN YOUR OWN TEAMMATES) will help you survive longer and stay in the fight.  

This may not be much but gives you something to go by. This is what I use and it allows me to be one of the top pilots of the game.

Edited by OmegaNull, March 19 2014 - 02:38 PM.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#2 Hocisern

Hocisern

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque NM

Posted March 18 2014 - 08:48 PM

4realz. Nice write-up, dude.

#3 Nosmer

Nosmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted March 19 2014 - 12:41 PM

Good overall guide.

#4 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 01 2014 - 07:59 PM

If you can, try getting this up on the Steam guides so more players will read it.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#5 Trych

Trych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 08:28 PM

C-Class Teammates = Moar Cover For Me

ideas are bad

#6 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 08:34 PM

Yeah :D

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

#7 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 08:42 PM

Added to steam

Posted Image

#8 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 02 2014 - 09:35 AM

View PostOmegaNull, on April 01 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

Added to steam

Awesome. I really think that you and all the other vetteran players who wrote guides should do their best to get them on the Steam Guides. After all, most of the players now are from the Steam Community and are more used to looking in the Steam Guides for advice on a game than going to the game's website and the forrums.

I do wish there was some way to point them to the forrums more. I usually do when I'm asked questions, but one man can only do so much. xD
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#9 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted April 02 2014 - 04:49 PM

What happened to blindly charging with all guns firing, biting the dust, and learning that the scout probably shouldn't be used in a 1 v 5 firefight_ Or that any C-class isn't going to survive in turret mode when it's health is in single digits_

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#10 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted April 02 2014 - 04:52 PM

Dang, I still suck with PPA.  I hope M4MA will get better, I like the little explosion animation the projectiles have.  I still need to practice more... :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users