HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A veteran's look into the Scout and insight for new players

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Phantasmo

Phantasmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 07:17 PM

View PostDesert_Fox2, on April 01 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

View PostPhantasmo, on April 01 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

"More skilled in movement"_
Sorry, I'm playing Hawken here, the only thing I see Scouts doing is just dodging 20 meters every one second rather than 10 meters every 1.4 seconds.
There's not that much skill implied. It's just math.

You are implying that dodges make the Scout more powerful. Just saying but that is the same dodge and cd on the dodge for all A class. At least I am pretty sure that is the case. It seems that you are playing B classes. WRONG Depending on the B you shouldn't be having that much trouble in taking down a Scout that is relying on dodges.

You have only been playing since March 7 of this year WRONG . It is going to take you some time to be able to learn how to take out a Scout. There is a difference in knowing how to take out a Scout and actually being able to do it. It is converting knowledge into action.

#22 Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 07:53 PM

View PostPhantasmo, on April 01 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

View PostPhantasmo, on April 01 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

"More skilled in movement"_
Sorry, I'm playing Hawken here, the only thing I see Scouts doing is just dodging 20 meters every one second rather than 10 meters every 1.4 seconds.
There's not that much skill implied. It's just math.

You are implying that dodges make the Scout more powerful. Just saying but that is the same dodge and cd on the dodge for all A class. At least I am pretty sure that is the case. It seems that you are playing B classes. Depending on the B you shouldn't be having that much trouble in taking down a Scout that is relying on dodges.

You have only been playing since March 7 of this year. It is going to take you some time to be able to learn how to take out a Scout. There is a difference in knowing how to take out a Scout and actually being able to do it. It is converting knowledge into action.

Are you going to present anything constructive_

If the speed and dodge time and distance of a mech is the problem for you then go get one and stop. Problem solved! They only things you "corrected" me on were about yourself..... So, I win_

#23 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted April 01 2014 - 08:01 PM

OK, i have a sig banner that reflects just who wins a flame war. Generally I only flame devs, and then only privately in a Support environment. I can see in my heart where i Could make an exception. I'll flame the devs for permitting you to breathe.
Phatasmo!
This dork has been spamming the forums with his whiny vomit for long enough to trigger the gorge effect on my fine Cream Sherry.
Phatasmo, if you can't be fraternal, friendly, and sociable, and say nice things and Be Nice, find some other Under Bridge Construction sites to haunt.
Leave. You are becoming maudlin. And Maude is even getting bored with you.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#24 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted April 01 2014 - 08:08 PM

If you're going to blatantly insult someone, do it privately at least...no need to risk getting this thread locked.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#25 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted April 01 2014 - 08:11 PM

*sigh* you're right. let him get the blame. sorry, you're right. it just PMO that he is so impolite, and basically, stupid.
sorry, but there it is. this spans about a dozen or 2 forum threads.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#26 FirstRaven

FirstRaven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of an A Class mecha- behind you.

Posted April 02 2014 - 04:07 PM

There is a difference in knowing how to take out a Scout and actually being able to do it. It is converting knowledge into action.

Yes! Phantasmo is correct in that it's all in the math, though theory and application are two completely different beasts.
I hope to see him in a Scout online. "Knowing is half the battle" Doing is the other (and usually more difficult) half.

...and I gotta admit, I was a bit whiny in the forums in the beginning, too. Hang in there and keep playing. Learn every mech you think is overpowered, and you'll soon realize that the game is pretty well balanced and you'll be a much more effective pilot.

Cheers!

Edited by FirstRaven, April 02 2014 - 04:09 PM.

#27 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 10:12 PM

Thou I just bought Scout two days ago and I need to say anywhere I go I have a nuclear bomb on my hands ready to detonate on face of my enemies. Mini flak FTW. Just love to go fast and be seriously annoying with Mini flak. Gotta love scouting all around map but thou I would switch TOW to GL gladly it would make Scout slightly more difficult to play.

Team HAWKEN:

Scout = Scout
Infiltrator = Spy
G2 Assault = Heavy
Sharpshooter/Reaper = Sniper
CR-T assault = Soldier
Technician = MEDIC!
Techinician = Pyro (also)
Grenadier = Demoman
Brawler = Engineer

#28 IroncladLion

IroncladLion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 10:20 PM

I think your guide is great, keep up the good work. I personally think the scout is over powered but that of course comes with the understanding that I've played plenty of games with Desinori to know what a scout is capable of. Fighting it is hard, and you can't run away, and you can't chase. The only thing I've been able to do to counter a good scout player is use my Incinerator and never let him come close to me. With enough AOE with the MAMA and secondary on the SAARE, it's enough to discourage the scout from trying to kill me.

However I only had one really big problem with something you said. It involved you mentioning that the Predator would have its way with a scout in the open. Surely you must be mistaken, unless of course you are talking about the Predator that managed to catch up to a scout and shoot it while it was repairing. Best duelist mech vs. the worst... And worst would 'have its way'_ Hmmmm. Might want to update that.

EDIT: 'Have a field day' excuse me.

Edited by IroncladLion, April 02 2014 - 10:21 PM.

#29 Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 01:17 PM

View PostIroncladLion, on April 02 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

I think your guide is great, keep up the good work. I personally think the scout is over powered but that of course comes with the understanding that I've played plenty of games with Desinori to know what a scout is capable of. Fighting it is hard, and you can't run away, and you can't chase. The only thing I've been able to do to counter a good scout player is use my Incinerator and never let him come close to me. With enough AOE with the MAMA and secondary on the SAARE, it's enough to discourage the scout from trying to kill me.

However I only had one really big problem with something you said. It involved you mentioning that the Predator would have its way with a scout in the open. Surely you must be mistaken, unless of course you are talking about the Predator that managed to catch up to a scout and shoot it while it was repairing. Best duelist mech vs. the worst... And worst would 'have its way'_ Hmmmm. Might want to update that.

A good pred in the open can do anything to a scout that he wants to. lol

#30 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted April 03 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostDesert_Fox2, on April 03 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

View PostIroncladLion, on April 02 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

A good pred in the open can do anything to a scout that he wants to. lol
Dew, Lord Temujin, and a few others have proved this. A good pred won't let you get close or if they predict your moves, lay a mine in your way.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users