HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Non-EXP Non-HC Non-stat-tracking game modes_

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 XyXly

XyXly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted March 21 2014 - 12:09 AM

If no rewards isn't your thing, maybe minimal XP and HC, I don't know. I'm just thinking, things like Mech Basketball or Mech Tag or something, with powerups and modifiers like "speed up", or juggernaut, KOTH maybe. These games don't have to have stat tracking or anything, they can just be played for fun.

A reason why they shouldn't be stat tracked:
I try to look after things like my K/D, it keeps me competitive, but slightly on-edge. On a game like TF2 where you can reset your stats, or another early-alpha game I've played where it isn't implemented at all, I can just kick back and relax. I've found myself getting unhinged over things like an unwieldy K/D during a TDM match or Seige, where I was literally hammering the keyboard to this guy flinging grenades from half a mile away from the AA "What are you doing, get to AA", I literally stood in front of him just so he'd get the message, he just kept walking to the side and resuming his pointless bombardment. That guy wore my patience thinner than a sheet of saran wrap.

This is where these games come in, play a couple of these, regain your composure then get back into the thick of combat. I have a friend who decides he doesn't want to play any more after going getting stomped over and over again, I can try to ask him to join again, but it really just disrupts the party to keep getting beat up. I feel like these gametypes can break that "I don't feel like getting my hind tenderized by a jackhammer" feeling you get after a couple bunked games. That's just my two cents.

Edited by XyXly, March 21 2014 - 12:10 AM.

#2 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted March 21 2014 - 12:10 AM

lol Mech Basketball

I just imagine Mech Soccer where we all kick around those little trucks.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users