HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Run and Hide_

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Frisbee_Player

Frisbee_Player

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationDefinitley not wasting my time on the computer when its nice out...

Posted April 05 2014 - 04:31 PM

Great tactic with the reaper, always fun to get dominations on the enemy MVP in an A with like 10 armor left

#22 renynzea

renynzea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted April 07 2014 - 09:40 AM

I used this trick to good effect this weekend.  Got stuck in a 2 vs 2 TDM where the other player on my team was not in the same league as our opponents.  I think it may have been a 2 vs 3 at the start and one of our opponents rage quit; I forget.  Either way, the score was heavily skewed towarsd them at one point and I knew a conventional slug-fest was not going to work.  They out-skilled us, and they were using better teamwork.

After warning my teammate that boosting gave away his radar signature, I switched to a reaper and decided to use him as a bait.  If he was going to boost all over the place I was going to use that to our advantage.  I used ambush tactics and managed to even the score by the end.  We won in sudden death.

No way I would have been able to win that game if I had tried to go toe to toe with them.  They were a lot better at twitch play.

Since learning this trick, it has become my favorite tool.  I love to sit in hiding around friendly mechs who fire at targets, luring close-range enemies close.  I wait for the fight to start and jump in to swing the odds.  Also fun when I see enemy mechs run right past me, into the ambush zone.

Good times.

#23 PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationWestern Wisconsin

Posted April 08 2014 - 09:09 AM

When people decide they will run and hide is the most fun time of piloting the raider.  Either blasting them as they try to scurry away or raidering across the map in 2 seconds to find them where they heal.  Most games I have no problem suicide raidering past 4 enemies if there is a hope to finish 1.

#24 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted April 08 2014 - 09:39 AM

Isn't a riot when at game-start, the first thing the enemy team does is Everyone boosts like mad to their "set up" position_
As if no one now has Any Idea of where they might be hiding....
Happy hunting, Kimo Sabe!
heh.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#25 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted April 10 2014 - 07:24 AM

View PostEM1O, on April 08 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

Isn't a riot when at game-start, the first thing the enemy team does is Everyone boosts like mad to their "set up" position_
As if no one now has Any Idea of where they might be hiding....
Happy hunting, Kimo Sabe!
heh.
Laughs. Keeps Laughing, can't find post anything due to absolute laughing fit.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users