HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New Sharpshooter coming Online!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 cUbedPixl

cUbedPixl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!

Posted March 22 2014 - 07:09 AM

Hello Hawken Pilots!

I am cUbedPixl, also known as 3pxl.
I am a new recruit to Hawken and I need some advise.

I NEED to know how to quickly rack up some Hawken Credits. Have any ideas_
I REALLY want to get a Sharpshooter Mech, so PLEASE HELP!

Edited by cUbedPixl, March 22 2014 - 07:09 AM.

#2 Wi2P

Wi2P

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location.. Recalculating ..

Posted March 22 2014 - 07:15 AM

Welcome to the forums! :)

There was a free credit-booster called "NEWRECRUIT", which could be redeemed in the "Redeem Code" page here on the site. I'm not sure if it's viable anymore, though.
Otherwise, I would encourage you to just continue playing, and save up that HC in the meantime!

#3 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted March 22 2014 - 07:22 AM

Welcome to the forums!  I'd personally suggest to save that code for a rainy day.  Who knows when you might need it the most_  If you need any tips, pm kay_ :D

#4 cUbedPixl

cUbedPixl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted March 22 2014 - 07:27 AM

Thanks! Hope to see you on the battlefield! B)

#5 cUbedPixl

cUbedPixl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted March 22 2014 - 07:34 AM

QUESTION TIME!!!!!

I know this may sound like a stupid question but..... DOES MY PICTURE LOOK LIKE A STRANGE BIRD DRINKING SOMETHING FROM A STRAW!!!

(It is suppose to be a pixelated version of the regular user image) ;)

Edited by cUbedPixl, March 22 2014 - 07:35 AM.

#6 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted March 22 2014 - 07:52 AM

Naaah, it looks like the default pic in pixel form...Now that you say it... I can't unsee the bird drinking from a straw now. XD  You caused this mate. :P

#7 cUbedPixl

cUbedPixl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted March 22 2014 - 08:15 AM

Here comes a "Opps"!

I forgot to ask... How much is the Sharpshooter (in HC please! :) )

#8 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted March 22 2014 - 08:18 AM

It's sort of expensive now.  Are you fine with Reaper_  It's basically a lighter version of Sharpshooter with more mobility.  It's also much cheaper.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, March 22 2014 - 08:18 AM.

#9 cUbedPixl

cUbedPixl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted March 22 2014 - 08:24 AM

I haven't tried the Reaper yet. I have only gone through the training. I was asking because that is my mech of choice in the future.

#10 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted March 22 2014 - 08:30 AM

You can get more credits by winning at least one match of each game mode.  This will let you receive 250 more Creds each game mode + the ones you receive from battling in the game mode.  If you can wait, save up until you get enough to get Sharpshooter, if I'm not mistaken, it's about 12500 HC.  If you can't wait, try to get Reaper, I think he's alittle more than 3k.  CRT Recruit can show you the basics of mech combat, and Reaper can show you how to have good positioning and being mobile as a sniper type.

#11 cUbedPixl

cUbedPixl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted March 22 2014 - 08:32 AM

Thanka Hijinks!

I think I am going to start with the reaper because I have 3,000 HC already for updating my account.

Edited by cUbedPixl, March 22 2014 - 08:33 AM.

#12 XyXly

XyXly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted March 22 2014 - 09:45 AM

Reaper is pretty good. Squishy, but pretty good.

#13 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted March 22 2014 - 09:38 PM

reaper provides moderately lethal levels of ranged-kill weapons, along with an ability to RUN and dodge fairly well. can be a nasty customer in Hit & Run mode, but like the SS, to sit still for too long is suicide.
the SS utilizes slower firing, but ridiculously higher lethality with heavier versions of the the same weapons loadout, with the one glaring caveat: heavier means slower moving, and with the slower firing weapons and inadequate armor, any annoying little A class or two  can rapidly tear down and kill a SS that isn't constantly popping out of site-mode and paying attention to the radar.
just sayin'.
Welcome to Hawken!

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#14 cUbedPixl

cUbedPixl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted March 23 2014 - 06:40 AM

QUESTION TIME!

I main choice of a mech is sharpshooter but I also want to be skilled also in piloting the predator. I know the predator is like the sharpshooter (costing a lot of HC Credits) but I want to start getting to feel how the predator moves and its weaponry. What is the best mech that I can use to ease into the predator. (a mech like the reaper, a mark down from the sharpshooter)

#15 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted March 23 2014 - 06:51 AM

Kay, you absolutely sure you want to pilot one of the most challenging mechs ever_  If you still say yes, check out the links for the predator in my signature below.

#16 cUbedPixl

cUbedPixl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted March 23 2014 - 06:56 AM

I don't mean I want to jump right into it right away, I want to at first have a mech that is like that and after a while of playing and understanding the controls, then I will go and get the predator.

#17 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted March 23 2014 - 07:12 AM

Hmm... I'm sorry, I guess I missed some points in your post! xD  A mech that is most similar to the Predator would have to be Infiltrator (it's smaller, faster, and generally more aggressive distant cousin).  I say it's distant because the playstyles are dramatically different but they are the most similar due to having cloaking abilities.  Predator is more defensive and Infiltrator is more offensive as Pred is the one who makes traps and holds down choke points and scours the battlefield for weakened enemies and Infiltrator is the one who hits hard against opponents and runs off to hit them again.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, March 23 2014 - 07:12 AM.

#18 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted March 23 2014 - 09:48 AM

i concur: the infil will get you accustomed to the "pop out of nowhere", wreak havoc, then disappear sort of play style (to emulate the Predator mining and trap technique, I recommend you acquire the EOC weapon as soon as possible. if you can't master it's technique, FORGET the Predator!). the Predator does this in an Ambush and slaughter the weak type of approach, and must remain silent and invisible much more than the infil, or get ripped to pieces for the same reasons i stated for the SS: it's a B class, and is easier to run down and kill.
as HiJinks said, Patrick (the Predator) has a very, very steep learning curve.

Edited by EM1O, March 23 2014 - 09:50 AM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users