HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Anyone Else Feeling the Seeker Nerf_

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 01:52 PM

Not really complaining but is anyone else feeling the Seeker nerf_ I'm finding it a lot more annoying to finish off some of the A mechs I'm coming up against now. Really feeling the burn, if only Hellfires were changed for the better.

#2 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 02:01 PM

seeker nerf was a mistake, being paired with already poor hellfires. a bit of cover nullifies both.

#3 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 22 2014 - 02:32 AM

View PostKrellus, on March 27 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

seeker nerf was a mistake, being paired with already poor hellfires. a bit of cover nullifies both.
I can tell you this right now, a lot of higher tier players are REALLY glad this Nerf came around. Hellfires and seekers were meant to be suppression tools not outright killing machines, as they were before. Plus, both weapons hardly require you to aim and they home in on enemies. They hardly utilize aiming skill. A seeker rocketeer required almost no skill to play and would often lure people into a false sense of superiority. Cover negates just about any weapon, not just the auto aim ones. Bullets, bombs or ballistics, they don't do fuzzy bunny to anything behind a wall. I for one am glad that the rocketeer actually takes more skill now to use. If you want to be a more deadly rocketeer, pick up the EOC repeater or the Heat Cannon. The weapons are much harder to use but have MUCH higher damage output.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#4 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 02:48 AM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on April 22 2014 - 02:32 AM, said:

I can tell you this right now, a lot of higher tier players are REALLY glad this Nerf came around. Hellfires and seekers were meant to be suppression tools not outright killing machines, as they were before. Plus, both weapons hardly require you to aim and they home in on enemies. They hardly utilize aiming skill. A seeker rocketeer required almost no skill to play and would often lure people into a false sense of superiority. Cover negates just about any weapon, not just the auto aim ones. Bullets, bombs or ballistics, they don't do fuzzy bunny to anything behind a wall. I for one am glad that the rocketeer actually takes more skill now to use. If you want to be a more deadly rocketeer, pick up the EOC repeater or the Heat Cannon. The weapons are much harder to use but have MUCH higher damage output.
I agree they're not supposed to be killing machines but they've never really felt like killing machines before the nerf. You're making the Rocketeer sound a lot better then it really is. The seeking on the Seekers can easily be avoided with a dodge and you only see seeking that works better then a single curve if you point at your target with the center dot of your crosshair. Half the time I find myself dumbfireing my Seekers in a way to avoid the seeking as much as possible because it generally sucks. Hell, I think that's why I swapped to Heat Cannon in the first place. Seekers and Hellfires are good because they travel somewhat slowly and act as deterrent for enemies and punish them severely if they don't duck for cover. With the slow travel time on the Seekers I honestly think the damage nerf wasn't really necessary.

#5 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 22 2014 - 03:48 AM

View Postjrkong, on April 22 2014 - 02:48 AM, said:

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on April 22 2014 - 02:32 AM, said:

I agree they're not supposed to be killing machines but they've never really felt like killing machines before the nerf. You're making the Rocketeer sound a lot better then it really is. The seeking on the Seekers can easily be avoided with a dodge and you only see seeking that works better then a single curve if you point at your target with the center dot of your crosshair. Half the time I find myself dumbfireing my Seekers in a way to avoid the seeking as much as possible because it generally sucks. Hell, I think that's why I swapped to Heat Cannon in the first place. Seekers and Hellfires are good because they travel somewhat slowly and act as deterrent for enemies and punish them severely if they don't duck for cover. With the slow travel time on the Seekers I honestly think the damage nerf wasn't really necessary.
True, but i think the main reason why people screamed for the seeker Nerf was because of Bunker and how open the place is. Seeker was just too good on that map. Even when I played rocketeer on that map, I found it to be stupidly powerful. It was evil fun, what can I say.

Also the comment I made before wasn't my personal opinion on the matter, it was more of me stating a lot of complaints by others in other forums regarding the rocketeer. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

My personal opinion about the seekers from the get go was, at the best, an annoyance on the battlefield. That was when fighting against a seeker rocketeer. Using the seekers to me always felt a little too easy and boring. I also hated the ungodly amount of heat they generated. The Nerf, in my eyes, wasn't that big a deal to me. It just made my lovely heat cannon much more viable on the rocketeer so I was happy. If anything, I think the Nerf just evened the playing field in terms of the viability of its weapons. Before, the seeker was unquestionably dominant, but now it's much more even which is how it should be, in my opinion.

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, April 22 2014 - 03:50 AM.

Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users