HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

ISM disruptor broken by March patch

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted March 27 2014 - 03:24 PM

[FIXED]When you get hit by an ISM disruptor, you can still see the brackets around enemies. [FIXED]

Even before the patch on some maps the visual disruption wasn't that useful. Now it's even less so.

Attached File  ism disruptor.jpg   184.39K   130 downloads

Keep this is mind when you try to assault "disrupted" enemies, they can see you coming just fine.

Edited by Kopra, April 14 2014 - 05:52 AM.

#2 PhasmaFelis

PhasmaFelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 06:48 PM

I don't understand how the ISM fuzzes out your actual, physical cockpit dashboard, but not the floating hologram heat/health readout.

#3 Zext

Zext

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted March 28 2014 - 02:08 AM

View PostPhasmaFelis, on March 27 2014 - 06:48 PM, said:

I don't understand how the ISM fuzzes out your actual, physical cockpit dashboard, but not the floating hologram heat/health readout.

You're wearing a helmet, the HUD is on the helmet.

#4 Nosmer

Nosmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 06:56 AM

Agreed, what it does now is simply colours everything in differend colurs and adds a minor noise effect. It doesn't disrupt vision in any way.

#5 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted March 28 2014 - 07:57 AM

hahahahaha

Posted Image

#6 PhasmaFelis

PhasmaFelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted March 29 2014 - 03:48 AM

View PostZext, on March 28 2014 - 02:08 AM, said:

That doesn't explain anything. If it's filling my helmet display with static, I shouldn't be able to see the armor/heat readout. If it's only fuzzing the external cameras, I should be able to see my dashboard, canopy struts, and noodle cup.

#7 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 08:53 AM

View PostPhasmaFelis, on March 29 2014 - 03:48 AM, said:

View PostZext, on March 28 2014 - 02:08 AM, said:

That doesn't explain anything. If it's filling my helmet display with static, I shouldn't be able to see the armor/heat readout. If it's only fuzzing the external cameras, I should be able to see my dashboard, canopy struts, and noodle cup.
thats because your helmet hud is diffrent then the moniters you look out of, the moniters are what is being desrupted.(aka, the windows)

#8 BoompigXD

BoompigXD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 02:35 PM

Stop trying to come up with fuzzy bunny "realizzum" reasons to continue this fuzzy bunny. ISM would probably be damn useful if it wasn't for the fact that you can still see those damn health bars.

Unless your trying to explain why it would ​ realistically only disrupt the monitors/helmet/whatthefuck and actually support getting rid of those health bars when your ISM'd, in that case, i thank you kindly

Posted Image

#9 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostBoompigXD, on April 06 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

Stop trying to come up with fuzzy bunny "realizzum" reasons to continue this fuzzy bunny. ISM would probably be damn useful if it wasn't for the fact that you can still see those damn health bars.

Unless your trying to explain why it would ​ realistically only disrupt the monitors/helmet/whatthefuck and actually support getting rid of those health bars when your ISM'd, in that case, i thank you kindly
we did, but you are not willing to understand why they work they way they work. so we are at a impasse, unless you stop with your arogance and accept that its technically posable for it to only effect the camaras of the mech and not the inside hud. we wont be getting anywhere. and btw, they are very bloody useful, they are the only item in the game that will make me turn my mech away from it. that is worth a few seconds of not being shot by me. btw, just because a flashbang in other more boring shooters will make you unable to see anything, that does not mean that the ims has to stop your ability to know the condition of your mech. anyway. I hate it when people like you lash out on the people who answered your question. its really rude and makes you look bad.

#10 BoompigXD

BoompigXD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 05:10 AM

View Postkanamisan, on April 06 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

we did, but you are not willing to understand why they work they way they work. so we are at a impasse, unless you stop with your arogance and accept that its technically posable for it to only effect the camaras of the mech and not the inside hud. we wont be getting anywhere. and btw, they are very bloody useful, they are the only item in the game that will make me turn my mech away from it. that is worth a few seconds of not being shot by me. btw, just because a flashbang in other more boring shooters will make you unable to see anything, that does not mean that the ims has to stop your ability to know the condition of your mech. anyway. I hate it when people like you lash out on the people who answered your question. its really rude and makes you look bad.
I wasn't lashing out, I was saying that if your trying to prevent a change that would make an item more useful because of REALIZZUM then that's simply just a load of fuzzy bunny. Game balance should never be sacrficed for realism.

And i didn't say it was technically impossibly, i'm just saying that, again, realism should be the very LAST reason you ever decide to do anything with a game, unless your basing your game off some historical time period, it's not a good reason to fix something that's clearly broken.

Currently, i can't tell if your supporting getting rid of enemy health bars when ISM'd or not, because your only saying that this how ISM's would actually work on mechs, which i couldn't give two fuzzy bunny about.

So, getting rid of ISM health bar debacle, yay, or nay_

Posted Image

#11 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 04:58 PM

View PostBoompigXD, on April 14 2014 - 05:10 AM, said:

I wasn't lashing out, I was saying that if your trying to prevent a change that would make an item more useful because of REALIZZUM then that's simply just a load of fuzzy bunny. Game balance should never be sacrficed for realism.

And i didn't say it was technically impossibly, i'm just saying that, again, realism should be the very LAST reason you ever decide to do anything with a game, unless your basing your game off some historical time period, it's not a good reason to fix something that's clearly broken.

Currently, i can't tell if your supporting getting rid of enemy health bars when ISM'd or not, because your only saying that this how ISM's would actually work on mechs, which i couldn't give two fuzzy bunny about.

there is no point to getting rid of the health bar. its not going to make any diffrence.

#12 BoompigXD

BoompigXD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 05:49 AM

View Postkanamisan, on April 14 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

there is no point to getting rid of the health bar. its not going to make any diffrence.
Yes, clearly something that can give away the location of an enemy attacking you  on an item meant to blind you shouldn't be removed and is not going to make any difference in the effectiveness of the item

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostBoompigXD, on April 15 2014 - 05:49 AM, said:

View Postkanamisan, on April 14 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

Yes, clearly something that can give away the location of an enemy attacking you  on an item meant to blind you shouldn't be removed and is not going to make any difference in the effectiveness of the item

Posted Image
and you missed what I said, I see no reason to not show the hp and fuel. but the hit icon., I can see that being removed. but because you did not word it right, so we could not comunitcate well, think about what you say before getting in a huff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users