HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Mini flak better then Flak_

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Battlemech7

Battlemech7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 04:07 PM

Mini Flak
Damage 90
Accuracy 37
Rate of fire 26
Effective range 13
Heat 46

Alternate Flak
Damage 70
Accuracy 10
rate of fire 9
Effective range 16
Heat 41

So what the heck_ The numbers dont lie here, the mini is better___ Was it Buffed or something_

#2 LinearFox

LinearFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted March 27 2014 - 04:51 PM

flak got nerfed :/ still.. heat scout for the win XD

Posted Image

South Asia Team

LinearFOX

#3 Battlemech7

Battlemech7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 05:17 PM

So the mini is now the best flak cannon then yes_

#4 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 27 2014 - 05:45 PM

I'll give it a try asap

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#5 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 27 2014 - 06:43 PM

Those numbers are relative to other weapons, aka not entirely accurate.
Though for some reason Flak Cannon feels better on Brawler than Scout this patch (13.5 per pellet).

Edited by Stingz, March 27 2014 - 06:45 PM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#6 OdysseyM

OdysseyM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 06:49 PM

I was just about to ask this too! I just got the Scout recently and was saving up for the flak but now i'm wondering if I'd be better off keeping the mini and just getting items and internals instead_

#7 Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 07:26 PM

Flak is way better than the mini. Considering the positions a Scout ends up in. The mini won't match the stats in game unless you are a really good shot with like 20 ping.
I think it also encourages a bad habit. You spray and  pray for the most part.

Edited by Desert_Fox2, March 28 2014 - 04:10 AM.

#8 Trych

Trych

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 07:27 PM

Don't pay attention to these numbers. They are messed up 'percentages' apparently.

I use both Flak and Mini-Flak, and both are nice weapons, even after the nerf.

ideas are bad

#9 Amisto

Amisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted March 28 2014 - 02:18 PM

When using mini - don't hold it down, click button for each shot, try and get in 2 shots for every time you would use 1 on normal flak.  IE fire 2 - evaluate if you need to re-position etc.

#10 Kujho

Kujho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 03:10 PM

The flak getting the nerf was completely un-needed in my opinion.
However yeah, I will probably just go with mini-flak since I try and get into CQC anyway and accurately place shots instead of spray and pray.

The good part I guess is, is the mini-flak is a more forgiving weapon.
Bad part, at least to me is the flak cannon just feels like fuzzy bunny now. *shrugs

#11 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted March 30 2014 - 04:49 AM

The Mini-Flak is one of the "weirder" weapons out there.

The Mini-Flak is a substained-burst shotgun that is known for being underappreciated and a "lacking" version of the Flak Cannon. It have gotten these names over it thanks to its high generation of heat per shot. It is no way useless, but when you unlock the Flak Cannon it will look weak in comparison thanks to its high heat-gen.
I`ll fix it later.

#12 Duralumi

Duralumi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 06:43 AM

Mini Flak has the second-highest DPS in the game (just behind the PPA). At the cost of the shortest effective range of any bullet-based weapon (seriously, beyond halfway through it's effecitve range you're pretty much tickling targets) and high heat generation.

It is garbage on Scout (if you're not playing peekaboo, you're playing scout wrong). And is instead much better supported by the Vanguard thanks to it's combination of bulk and just-below-average mobility.

Edited by Duralumi, March 31 2014 - 06:43 AM.

After disabling signatures I found my forum-browsing experience had improved marginally.

#13 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted March 31 2014 - 06:46 AM

wow, miniflak got more damage, 3 times faster rate of fire and accuracy, amazing weapon!

- lok'tar ogar -

#14 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 09:15 AM

The answer to OPs question - No. No it is not better.

#15 Amisto

Amisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted March 31 2014 - 10:55 AM

Actually, if you are really good, mini-flak is much better vs heavy and medium mech's, it just shreds them. if you can manage keeping your aim on them and hitting with mini flak and tow's your dps is pretty insane, at the same doing this , keep dodging.  Distance shouldn't be an issue, you are in a scout, closing distance is your strength.

Main reason it is bad vs light is that they can flee quickly and easily get out of your effective range, and it's spread is small.

#16 Xervous

Xervous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 04:13 PM

Mini flak requires you to constantly aim at your opponent while you sustain fire. This means you have much weaker corner play than a flak or heat scout, and it also means you have to be slightly more conservative in your dodging when dueling at close range.

#17 SlugBug

SlugBug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted April 03 2014 - 12:55 AM

Okay, so tonight I played on a couple maps of siege (Frontline and Last Eco) with a guy running Mini-Flak Scout.  As I was in AA defending (Frontline), he was able to get the drop on me as infiltrator and got in close and basically insta-killed me.  Took 1.5 secs from full health, I could barely turn and/or dodge before I was dead.  They have either way buffed the speed or dmg on the mini-flak.  Yes, you have to be close to get full dmg but that's easy with the scout, especially on a defend map like Frontline, lots of hiding spaces.  I thought the guy was hacking.  On the Last Eco round, I went mini-flak scout to see what was up and easily killed most everyone very quickly.... except this guy.  He would just rush straight in berserker YOLO style and jump over me while firing; 1,2,3,4,TOW, DEAD.  As fast as you read that was as fast as I was killed. Dodging didn't help much.  I was able to kill him a bit, but the speed that he was able to kill me was really, really astonishing.  I've never had a scout do that ever.... even the best players in the game.  Me and this guy were at least 200 points higher than anyone else on the server.  It seemed unnatural to me.

Methinks the mini-flak is a bit broken.  Don't think so_  Please, go play mini-flak Scout right now.  Play like the berserker, not so much peek-a-boo.  Tell me it's not scary.  Especially killing A-classes.

Edited by SlugBug, April 03 2014 - 12:57 AM.

#18 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted April 03 2014 - 08:04 AM

View PostSlugBug, on April 03 2014 - 12:55 AM, said:

Methinks the mini-flak is a bit broken.  Don't think so_  Please, go play mini-flak Scout right now.  Play like the berserker, not so much peek-a-boo.  Tell me it's not scary.  Especially killing A-classes.

Heat on Mini-Flak essentially limits you to one kill before you overheat, the DPS makes up for that.

If you want horrifying take on a T-32 Bolt Raider, takes about 2 seconds with Charged T-32 + MIRV, uncharged T-32.

Edited by Stingz, April 03 2014 - 08:05 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users