HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Suggestion for MatchMaker...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Logicus

Logicus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCovington, KY

Posted March 28 2014 - 01:05 AM

It seems to me that MatchMaker has flipped it's lid as of late. Granted, much of my disdain for it's seemingly drunken performance resides in the fact that soo many people can't fathom waiting the 1 minute and 30 seconds it takes to get from one match to the next. I still don't get that.

Nonetheless..

One suggestion I have is to put a choke or "on-deck" setting that keeps the match an even match. If someone joins the queue and the game is a 5v5, it would hold them "on-deck" and not let them join until another shows to make it a 6v6 game.

In my 106+ hours playing, I've come to the conclusion that having an even number on each team almost always trumps the Matchmaker's logic in how it seemingly appropriates different leveled players to make a "fair" match for a team going in 5v4, 6v5, etc... those dynamics will instantly change the second it lets that last player that evens things up into play, does it not_ I hate losing those matches (needless assault on personal stats) and I hate winning them.. because it's just a wasted game when you can always wonder "well, what if it was an even game_"

This change may also deter the new fad of ditching a server the second a game is over to go hit another server, as well.

And I noticed, you don't see the levels on the list of players anymore either; why_ I always thought it interesting to know who was on the board level-wise. Or is it shown elsewhere, now_ (edit - it still displays when it shows you who killed you)

Thanks.

Edited by Logicus, March 28 2014 - 01:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users