HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Greetings, and one question...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nogwart

nogwart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 30 2014 - 04:44 AM

Hi, I just discovered HAWKEN, and have played a few matches now, enough to know that I could potentially grow to like this game even though I don't particularly care for most multiplayer experiences.  So, greetings fellow HAWKENers!

But, one question, please:  I noticed a few apposing players who seem to have extraordinarily "gifted" movement capabilities.  That is, they seem to be able to move, jump, and run much faster than I can.  Are abilities like these granted/chosen upon "leveling" (if that is possible), or are they specific to particular mechs, or is it possible for players to "cheat" these abilities..... or, am I just imagining these things_

#2 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted March 30 2014 - 04:47 AM

Welcome to Hawken!

These supposed speed buffs are imaginary. Each different weight class has different speed values: A classes are the fastest, B classes are middling, and C classes are the slowest.  This speed are not granted upon leveling, and unfortunately there are a few speedhackers in the game. However, these players you're encountering are likely just experienced with the movement mechanics and know how to maneuver.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#3 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted March 30 2014 - 05:38 AM

go to the Mech info page on the PlayHawken.com website. It'll give you a little more basic info on speed etc factors. It boils down to a trade-off between armor, abilities and speed. There is also a flyout on your Garage menu for each mech you own that will info you on your particular mech(s).
Now if devs ever come up with a 1200hp armor, 250dps cannon, 35m/sec runspeed mech.....yeh. i know. all the mechs on the field will be this one.
Welcome aboard!

Edited by EM1O, March 30 2014 - 05:39 AM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users