HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Predator with Repeater or Breacher_

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 huleyn162

huleyn162

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationThe Crisis Core

Posted March 30 2014 - 11:07 AM

So, I've been playing with the CRT to get enough money to buy a mech that costs 12k, and instead of the incinerator (I left that for a clanmate), I bought the Predator.

While I immensely regretted my decision for a long time, I've come to like the Predator (reached Rank 5 with the xp boost now.), and I've been topping scores and getting tons of kills with it.

Breacher became somewhat of a "hate or love" gun for me, sometimes working just like how I intended and sometimes just not hitting at all, I've been using its railshot against shields and it works nice.

The EOC predator is a nice gun, I make nice traps while running, and it works nice in combat too, it alphas people with full health in juction with the breacher and HE, (gotta love sneaking behind a turret mode Type C without him even realizing)

I've just unlocked the EOC Repeater. I want to spend my money on internals actually, as I have nothing useful at the moment except for the Shock Coil which allows me to stay in Stalker mode while falling.

I don't know if I should buy it, as I've heard that it overheats very quickly, and the EOC Predator is pretty much the only secondary that can overheat all by itself, these two combined can heat within seconds, right_

Has anyone had decent success with the EOC+EOC combo against decent players_

If so, any tips, or should I just not buy it_

(I don't really know if this is the place to post the thread ,as this is my first post)
Yes it is true, my favourite game series would be the well-known Final Fantasy.

So sad that it's dying slowly, as XIII-2 sucks, just like how XIII itself sucked.

#2 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 30 2014 - 11:10 AM

I've only had a few matches to test both, and EOC Repeater is much harder to learn.

Breacher is either a sawn-off shotgun uncharged, or slug rifle charged.

EOC Repeater is a pancake rifle that fires 3(6 when fully charged) explosive pucks that stick to everything.
Some sorta burst-fire proxy mine launcher with horrifying damage in a short time if it all hits.

Edited by Stingz, March 30 2014 - 11:12 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#3 huleyn162

huleyn162

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 30 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostStingz, on March 30 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

I've only had a few matches to test both, and EOC Repeater is much harder to learn.

Breacher is either a sawn-off shotgun uncharged, or slug rifle charged.

EOC Repeater is a pancake rifle that fires 3(6 when fully charged) explosive pucks that stick to everything.
Some sorta burst-fire proxy mine launcher with horrifying damage in a short time if it all hits.

It took me 5 ranks, with the predator, to get to the point of getting clean kills with the Breacher-EOC P. combo.

If I have to throw out everything I've learned about the predator just to be able to use the EOC R. I'm not going to buy it.

Just a single question then, does the EOC Repeater have more "potential" than the breacher_

So sad that it's dying slowly, as XIII-2 sucks, just like how XIII itself sucked.

#4 huleyn162

huleyn162

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 30 2014 - 12:30 PM

I've been using the EOC Predator to take off 90 percent of my enemies' health with a trap, and taking the rest out with the breacher...

So, if I use the EOC Repeater alongside it, it's pretty much instakill for Type C as well, right_

Edited by huleyn162, March 30 2014 - 12:30 PM.

#5 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 30 2014 - 01:18 PM

View Posthuleyn162, on March 30 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

I've been using the EOC Predator to take off 90 percent of my enemies' health with a trap, and taking the rest out with the breacher...

So, if I use the EOC Repeater alongside it, it's pretty much instakill for Type C as well, right_

Well a full charged EOC(6 pucks, 18 dam direct hits + explosion damage) pre-buff did 144 if they all directly hit, after the buff pucks do 21 for every direct hit, so about 162 total now.

EOC Repeater has a much shorter fuse than EOC-P though.

Edited by Stingz, March 30 2014 - 01:21 PM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#6 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted March 30 2014 - 02:30 PM

View Posthuleyn162, on March 30 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

If they're turreted and you hit them in the back, yes.

Just remember that if you use the EOC as well you no longer have any hitscan. And EOC mines will detonate your EOC - Pred mines. If you want to lay traps you need to separate your fire.

If things are too hairy for traps you can opt to lay a substantial short-term minefield by saturating an area with both EOC weapons.

#7 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted March 30 2014 - 02:51 PM

I'd personally stick with the Breacher if you really think that EOC Rep might be too hard for you to use.  EOC Rep is a good weapon for area denial in the AA for Siege and missile silos in Missile Assault.  Breacher is meant for piercing shields, poke play, and the occasional close quarters combat with the sawed off shotgun mode.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, March 30 2014 - 02:52 PM.

#8 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted March 30 2014 - 04:49 PM

Whenever I see a pro scout player. I always take my predator out. If its 1v1 my predator wins. How_ With charged breacher shots. It is basically a hit scan weapon that does 100 damage and hits very fast. The reload time also gives you enough time to recloak.

Edited by Lightangel112, March 30 2014 - 11:40 PM.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#9 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted March 30 2014 - 08:47 PM

So you're relying ont he Scout player to play in a specific fashion in order to achieve kills, or are you picking off weakened mechs_

I mean... In the time it takes to recharge a Breacher shot a Scout can dart away while firing a TOW/Flak combo at you. You're not going to catch them.

#10 Veritasnous

Veritasnous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted March 30 2014 - 09:57 PM

I change weapons depending on map and how the fight is going. On maps with larger open spaces, I definitely prefer the breacher. Maps with lots of tunnels (or the streets--i.e. between the buildings--on prosk) I prefer the repeater. If the fighting is concentrating in enclosed spaces on generally open maps, I may go repeater.

#11 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted March 30 2014 - 11:44 PM

View Postmccrorie, on March 30 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

So you're relying ont he Scout player to play in a specific fashion in order to achieve kills, or are you picking off weakened mechs_

I mean... In the time it takes to recharge a Breacher shot a Scout can dart away while firing a TOW/Flak combo at you. You're not going to catch them.
If I see a scout, I don't allow him to come close, so he can do whatever the fuzzy bunny he wants to me. I fight them and keep them at bay. I use air compressor, deflectors and shock coil on my predator now. The reload is fine when your hiding behind cover and assessing your next point to fire your weapon. I can and do sometimes catch up to them, and I re-engage them till I win.

Edited by Lightangel112, March 30 2014 - 11:46 PM.

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#12 huleyn162

huleyn162

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 12:15 AM

Frankly, the Breacher is one of the most adaptable guns in the game with its dual function style. I've been, on more than one occasion, taken out people with low health hiding behind others with its railshot.

Oh and the level 1 crt recruits hiding behind shields to repair in the middle of a fight. That's so good.

I don't think I'll buy repeater anytime soon, not with all the criticism it has had here, perhaps later on.

#13 huleyn162

huleyn162

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 12:18 AM

View PostLightangel112, on March 30 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

If I see a scout, I don't allow him to come close, so he can do whatever the fuzzy bunny he wants to me. I fight them and keep them at bay. I use air compressor, deflectors and shock coil on my predator now. The reload is fine when your hiding behind cover and assessing your next point to fire your weapon. I can and do sometimes catch up to them, and I re-engage them till I win.
How do you "not allow him to get close" when he has fuel reserves and moves like lightning_

Actually, how the hell do you even keep a scout at bay in an open area map_

#14 P3ntatonix3d

P3ntatonix3d

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 02:26 AM

View Posthuleyn162, on March 31 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

How do you "not allow him to get close" when he has fuel reserves and moves like lightning_

Every scouts I faced off against just keep flying here and there, left and right and when I try to run away, they just finish me off because of their fuel reserves and the flak cannon

[font=times new roman,times,serif]Nemesis' are[/font]

SCOUTS

ROCKETEERS

#15 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 03:04 AM

View Posthuleyn162, on March 31 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

When I've hit them twice, they re-think about coming closer, 1 flak shot could kill them and use cover. This is the way I keep them at bay, I always get the 1st shot as they don't see it coming. The 2nd shot is the tricky part, but that's when you have to really think like your prey. 3rd breacher shot and you got the kill pretty much. The hardest scouts I've come across are the ones who love to regenerate health (orb+extractor/ adv reconstructor or repair) after the 2nd hit. They don't run, they want more! Lol.

Edited by Lightangel112, March 31 2014 - 03:15 AM.

#16 86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 08:52 AM

Ive found the T32 bolt to be a more idiot proof gun than the breecher, like light angel, i also enjoy picking off scouts who try to out-air-dodge me in the air,when i sneak up on a scout, i usually do that when he is busy dancing around my team mate but is unaware that i am around, most scouts ive spotted try to 1v1, but not realising its a "1v2".

With the t32 bolt charged hit and a single mine on that scout if hes still on full health, i believe he would have only 60% health left, and the time it takes to spot me,i would have loaded an uncharged t32 bolt shot and a mine on him, so i would have a major health advantage over him. He can try to air dodge whatever he can to escape, but i too can air dodge with my predator. :)

*On a side note Light angel is a better predator than me.

#17 Onyxmizer

Onyxmizer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 11:57 AM

edited into fuzzy bunny oblivion.

breacher = best imo. I have nothing else to offer than that opinion.

:C

Edited by Onyxmizer, April 01 2014 - 12:00 PM.

#18 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted April 01 2014 - 12:23 PM

eoc-r is hard

breacher is odd

t-32 is gud bug skwishr

#19 Gray_Nargacuga

Gray_Nargacuga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 02:33 PM

I recently unlocked the repeater on the predator and came across an interesting question; if explosives (other than the EOC predator) can prematurely EOC repeater pucks and repeater pucks can set an EOC predator puck, why not make it so the EOC predator puck can stet off EOC repeater pucks when detonated. Example: You're being chased. You dash around a corner lay down a fully charged volley of repeater pucks and one EOC predator puck and detonate the later dealing the combined damage of both shots.

#20 Veritasnous

Veritasnous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted April 01 2014 - 02:50 PM

View Postcraftydus, on April 01 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

eoc-r is hard

breacher is odd

t-32 is gud bug skwishr

I think this about sums it up. The EOC-R is not bad, it's just not easy to be good with. Hell, you can get all of the pucks on target (even a moving target) and then the thing is a fricking nuke.

One thing I've found fun to do is zone for a good Reaper player with the EOC-R and EOC-P. Laying mine fields in front of the reaper as it takes shots is incredibly effective. The reaper is weakest when they have to engage in close quarters combat, so make it difficult/impossible for anyone to engage them in close quarters. Of course, the Reaper will get most of the credit, but you'll have the satisfaction of having made it possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users