HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawkins RPR that good_

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Zycat

Zycat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 02:19 AM

Hi, currently my reaper and tech has access to buying a Hawkins RPR, are they any good vs AM-SAR (Reaper) and Red0x (Tech)_

What weapon it is similar to_

#2 Breech

Breech

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 02:33 AM

Well, it has higher DPS than the AM-Sar but is has horrible accuracy. For that you can use the Reaper's ability to shoot from long ranges. If you are a defensive player you should stick with the AM-Sar. I bought the Hawkins because I like to rush in to snipe them down.
Posted Image

#3 McBonY

McBonY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 03:29 AM

Hawkins for reaper is a big YES! Get it, love it, don't abuse your left mouse button anymore.

I wouldn't take it on a Tech though. Redox has a nice debuff and aoe, and while it's weaker in duels, you should not get into duels anyway.

#4 Breech

Breech

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 03:36 AM

Redox has splash damage which is good, don't go for the Hawkins on the Tech.

Edited by Breech, April 02 2014 - 03:37 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 06:50 AM

I do have the hawkins for tech cause I like duels :P

Edited by Lightangel112, April 03 2014 - 03:19 AM.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#6 Zycat

Zycat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 02:58 PM

So is the spread that unmanageable_ I have Hawkins SA on my Brawler and it's pretty good.

#7 FirstRaven

FirstRaven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of an A Class mecha- behind you.

Posted April 02 2014 - 03:46 PM

Hawkins for Reaper, unless you're playing only ranged, then slug. Hawkins is essential for cqc with the Reaper- just unscope, hit your special ability (Accuracy) and grind away. I use it on my tech, too.

Sometimes, you have to go beyond the stats to playability; I kick much more butt with my less accurate Hawkins on my tech- I've never missed a target that I had centered in the crosshairs with a Hawkins.

#8 YourBusDriver

YourBusDriver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 07:01 PM

It is almost strictly a short range weapon.

#9 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted April 02 2014 - 07:53 PM

I like the hawkins rpr for the long game and the cqc. Favorite primary in the game.
I've mained 2 alts to level 30 on it so far.

It is the closest thing in Hawken to my thompson/mp40 in Day of Defeat for the small damage/high fire rate/long range accuracy.
I like the option to tap a few headshots at max range to get a kill.
It's the closest equivalent of that peashooter I've played many thousands of hours on.

I'm fond of the hawkins rpr.

#10 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted April 03 2014 - 07:56 AM

Hawkins-RPR is literally [Assault Rifle with SMC accuracy], good up to mid-range. Reaper feels much better with Hawkins since it has Accuracy Overdrive to cover mid-long range scoped in.
Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#11 Mykinius

Mykinius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 07:09 PM

HRPR is probably my favorite weapon in the game (tied with flak cannon). While it's great at close range, I would recommend it to all Reapers solely because mashing left-click for the AM-SAR is a pain.

#12 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 07:34 PM

with the reaper as of late, I fine it much less difficult to use the rpr now and the only real avantage that the am gives is a better sound (slightly) and a bit better range.

as far as the tech is conserned, the rpr is very good if you want to overcome the bigest problem the tech has, overheating when supporting an attack. keep in mind the rpr does actuly have some range and is also a hit scan, instead of the redux and its very low projectiles. and it also produces a good bit less heat per second then the redux does. that said, I am saving my funds for the incindery, but with my expernaces with the rpr, I know that it would help keep the offence up while healing and helps with finishing off wounded targets. its not bad for sure. to the point that for the tech, you really can not go wrong with it. though you if you have the skill with the redux have better dpm and the debuff(and splash)

#13 SuperSpartacus

SuperSpartacus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationWestern MA, US

Posted April 04 2014 - 02:14 PM

IK I have an unpopular opinion but here goes: Hawkins RPR is ONLY more effective then the SAR at <100m. If you say the RPR is better then SAR past 100m, you are just wrong. Better accuracy, better damage, less heat generation, AND less overall damage falloff.

So, yeah, if you're in CQC a lot, or you hate left clickling, then use the Hawkins. But the SAR is statistically better.

#14 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 04 2014 - 03:44 PM

View PostSuperSpartacus, on April 04 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

IK I have an unpopular opinion but here goes: Hawkins RPR is ONLY more effective then the SAR at <100m. If you say the RPR is better then SAR past 100m, you are just wrong. Better accuracy, better damage, less heat generation, AND less overall damage falloff.

So, yeah, if you're in CQC a lot, or you hate left clickling, then use the Hawkins. But the SAR is statistically better.
the amsam is basicly a dmr, or a ranged support rifle. not ment to replace a sniper or bolt action, but to help cover the gap between a sniper and a rifleman, irl the m16dmr verson is semi auto and has a longer barrel. squad marksman are meant to act as a rifleman but with a longer engagement range, irl its from 0-1000meters  where as rifleman are meant for ranges up to 700 meters. so basicly if your playing the reaper with the dmr, you are able to effectivly cover your team better, but are slightly weaker at cqc, still very capable though as the amsam has at least 92dpm (which is actully not bad, ar only has 98) anyway, I guess this is basicly pointless to say then. but I felt like i had to say it, mostly because I am bored/

#15 Frisbee_Player

Frisbee_Player

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationDefinitley not wasting my time on the computer when its nice out...

Posted April 10 2014 - 04:49 PM

the Hawkins is great on the reaper if you find you like CQC and skirmishing alot... it doesn't have much higher of a DPS but I find its a lot easier to use because mashing both the KE-Sabot and the AM-SAR really lowers my dps compared to the RPR with the Sabot. I definatley suggest it for the reaper... as for the tech (I'm no expert having only played tech when it was F2P a couple weeks ago) I think its better to stick to the redox because the tech really shouldn't be dueling since its so much better for the team when its playing its support role.

#16 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted April 10 2014 - 11:10 PM

Love the Hawkins, I'm all like "pewpewpewpew" with it. It appeals to my inner child.
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

#17 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted April 11 2014 - 09:58 AM

It isn't that it is good - it is that it feels so good to use.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

#18 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted April 11 2014 - 04:07 PM

View PostWasabi_Wei, on April 11 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

It isn't that it is good - it is that it feels so good to use.

It's mercy from the semi-auto click spam that is the AM-SAR, if it hit harder and slower the semi could be justified.
0.3 reload means a whole lotta clicking.

Edited by Stingz, April 11 2014 - 04:09 PM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users