HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Confuzzled about the Heat Cannon

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted April 08 2014 - 02:25 PM

Using the GL and Heat together is a form of juggling. The trajectories do not match up so you have to alternate well. I find that I tend to lob a grenade carefully while charging the Heat Cannon. You can also pre-fire the 'nade to get them moving and the nland the heat after the dodge. If they don't dodge, you have landed a grenade. I guess 'constant pressure alternating guns' sums up my Heat Infil playstyle. (There are much better pilots, but I do pretty well w/ it, for context.)
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

#22 mittens800

mittens800

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted April 09 2014 - 07:39 AM

I can't use HC on infil.
I hated that weapon.

Then I used it on scout.
I'm not that great at it still, but on scout it's much easier to use because of TOW.

Now I have fun with it!

#23 pipebomb

pipebomb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted April 09 2014 - 08:07 AM

View Postmittens800, on April 09 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:

Then I used it on scout.
I'm not that great at it still, but on scout it's much easier to use because of TOW.
This, I find juggling trajectories on inf not as easy, the weapon fit scout more imo.
Then again, wath some pro's working HEAT easy

#24 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 16 2014 - 12:08 PM

Okay, the way the heat cannon works is like so. It's essentially a rapid fire rocket launcher that can be charged. In rapid fire mode, you shoot about 1 per second, have a moderate flight speed, do around 80 dmg with a direct hit and have a small splash radius. If you charge the gun, the charge time is about 1.5 sec, and counting in the reload time, the time between two fully charged shots is about 3 seconds. Also, charged projectiles have a very rapid flight speed, do about 90 dmg with a direct hit and have a VERY large blast radius (almost as much as a TOW). So, you can view it like this: In rapid fire mode, assuming you land all your shots, you'll deal much more damage over a long period of time than if you were to use just charged shots, however the charged shot does more damage in one single blast, and is easier to hit people with.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users