HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Tasty filling, bad wrap.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pstandard

Pstandard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 01:17 PM

All I wanted to do was try the game.
It insisted I make an account, which I'm often not so keen on doing, since I've already got so many accounts.
Then it had the cheek to insist on at least a number AND an uppercase character.
I was so close to rage quitting.
So I make an account out of game, sign in within the game, and it warns me that my graphics drivers are out of date, and I should go to nvidia.co.uk to update my AMD R9 270X...
Granted I upgraded from a GTX 260, but I uninstalled everything nvidia related (or at least according to the Program and Features control panel menu, excuse me if that's not enough).
After talking to a sexy drawing, I was finally able to change my video settings.
The training went well, it was a good pace.
Having completed the training, I had to agree to the end liscene agreement again.
I then got warned of my outdated drivers, again.
Then the sexy lady forgot we'd ever met...
I ignored her and went into a team deathmatch.
The wait was very short, which was nice.
The battle was good fun, and I seemed to do awfully well for my first game.  My score was 301 (12 kills, 2 deaths, 11 assists), with second and third at 225 and 229.
After the match, I chose 'leave match', where I was again reminded about my drivers, and met sexy for the first time again.

I wanted to detail this, my first impressions, because while I enjoyed the game once I was actually playing, everything around it has left me just a wee bit dissapointed. By saying so, I hope that maybe some adjustments are made so whoever comes after me has it better.
Cheers

#2 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 06:24 PM

Welcome new pilot!

Sorry that you've had such issues.  I've never heard of anyone having those problems though. You might want to make a thread in the support forum.

#3 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted April 03 2014 - 06:27 PM

Not just the forums, this kinda sounds a bit serious.  You might also want to file a support ticket as well.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, April 03 2014 - 06:28 PM.

#4 Pstandard

Pstandard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 04 2014 - 12:26 AM

Hi,
Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I'm going to jump back in tonight, since I had fun yesterday, and if the game repeats anything from my first post, I'll take it to one of the other sub-forums.
Just so I'm sure, since I mentioned a few things, which aspects did you believe I should report_

#5 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted April 04 2014 - 05:09 PM

for bug reports use Support link at the top right, but bear in mind if your hdwre does not meet or exceed the minimum requirements to play Hawken, these annoyances are not going away. in fact you most likely may discover at least one or more maps will profoundly crash your game. Just put in your BR the data & attachments noted on the site page. That being said,
Welcome aboard!
edit: i had an amd 4core Asus ACER with a old nvidia 8 series card. click my Dementia link for my $500 solution. ..and this rig is barely mid level "recommended" hardware spec. :P

Edited by EM1O, April 04 2014 - 05:39 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#6 Pstandard

Pstandard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 05 2014 - 12:23 AM

Well, I got the driver warning again, and I'll reemphasise that I have an AMD R9 270X, but it was detecting outdated nvidia drivers and directing me to the nvidia website.
I can put up with ignoring that. Everything else went smoothly, and good fun was had.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users