HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Clan purpose_

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GearsTw0

GearsTw0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 05:28 PM

I know that the vast majority of on line games out there have clans.  In most cases, the clan is essentially just an extended go to friend list, the idea being that you can always team up with your clan to have some one to play with; even if you've never played with that one individual before.   But some games try to incorporate clans into the game play, they make clan exclusive quest or events; unique in game clan halls/garages.  Have official rankings and special prizes.
  Seeing how the Hawken universe already incorporate two rival companies battling for supremacy, I was wondering if the Devs were going to take advantage of that to incorporate clan events.  Or if they were just going to remain little social clubs.  
  Just curious, cause my friend list is pretty good at the moment; and even when they aren't online I never have trouble finding strangers to play with, so I don't see my self getting involved with a clan.

#2 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted April 03 2014 - 05:30 PM

Devs are actively working on a clan system, but there's no timetable on when it will finally, officially arrive in Hawken. It was announced to be coming last year, September-ish, and we're still waiting. Sit tight, most likely for a long while.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#3 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted April 03 2014 - 05:50 PM

I do find a difference in between a group of friends occasionally playing all together and a group of friends wanting to go beyond by coordinating their performance on the battlefield in am advanced/sophisticated/intrincate/common way plus using Vo/IP COMs during the matches and looking forward to compete Vs. other groups.

Still, do "we" need more Clan support in HAWKEN_ Undoubtfully yes. Do Clan tags and other goodies gonna be progressibely implemented in HAWKEN. I'd like and I want to think that it's gonna happen, yup. :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#4 sepulchraveAOD

sepulchraveAOD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted July 20 2014 - 09:20 AM

If this game had clan support of any kind, AOD (www.clanaod.net) would go into it full force.  We do our best to make our presence in a game a big one and we actively work on player retention and making the game an enjoyable experience for our members.   Its good for us, as well as being good for the games we are playing.

Evidence of this can be found in PS2, Firefall, Ghost Recon: Phantoms and BF4.   We have hundreds of members in all these games and others.   The socializing aspect being one of the main components in our being able to keep people coming back and playing the games.   Without this, we are hobbled in our efforts to organize in them.   So we just avoid games with no clan system now as they usually fail for us.

#5 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted July 20 2014 - 09:30 AM

Neeeeeecro
I`ll fix it later.

#6 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted July 25 2014 - 02:08 PM

This is indeed a necro, but that being said it's kind of a valid question The answer is very little to no. There is very little support from the devs from clans, but they certainly don't get in the way of them either. The game is in beta, so we don't have custom games and we don't have full clan support and we have very limited private servers-though most are owned by clans. What we do have is a community who finds ways around all of these things, puts on its own events, organizes practices, scrimmages, and high tier play on its own, and almost all of this is done through clans. Entering TAW, (my clan) was probably the best decision I made in Hawken. There's definitively a purpose, even if the devs aren't particularly involved in shaping that purpose.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users