HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Co-op builds and strategies

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Zycat

Zycat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 06:18 AM

Anyone care to share co-op specific items/internal set-ups and strategies_ Because, this particular game mode is neglected in the forums. What is the best mech to complete co-op to get dailies_ What's the strategy to complete it with A.I teammates_ I found it's hard to complete it as a daily consistently because I often end up with sub-par teammates.

So far mechs that I like for co-op are Brawler, Incinerator, and Tech.

#2 McBonY

McBonY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 06:37 AM

Vanguard can abuse turret mode, add Incinerator and Tech and you will get infinite healing and tons of damage. Last guy does not matter, it's usually bot AI anyway ;D But yeah, basically, Incinerator, two other heavies and tech should work fine.

Predator can sometimes trick bots with his stealth, but thats unreliable even more than vs players. But mines are quite useful and easy to use on bots.

#3 GreenEggsAndSamZ

GreenEggsAndSamZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 07:36 AM

Meh, it just takes four good players with most mechs to reach wave 25. I've done it several times in my assault, raider, and vanguard.

Do note that you SHOULD get each upgrade (damage, health, heat) to 100 eu each then primarily level damage after that, regardless of whatever you're playing. Killing the bots after wave 20 as fast as you can is more important than taking a few more hits.
Posted Image

#4 UnderContruction

UnderContruction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationLikely behind you.

Posted April 08 2014 - 07:59 AM

View PostZycat, on April 08 2014 - 06:18 AM, said:

Anyone care to share co-op specific items/internal set-ups and strategies_ Because, this particular game mode is neglected in the forums. What is the best mech to complete co-op to get dailies_ What's the strategy to complete it with A.I teammates_ I found it's hard to complete it as a daily consistently because I often end up with sub-par teammates.

So far mechs that I like for co-op are Brawler, Incinerator, and Tech.

I have completed Coop a number of times now with Vanguard or Brawler, and can suggest the following:
Learn where the bottle necks are on the map. e.g. Corners on front and back of maps are good places to fight, watch which ones are clear of spawn points at the start of each wave.
+1 Vanguard for be able to bounce bombs around corners while other team mates use direct fire.

Items I use Detonator, Turret (As bots seem to target these first not you), Blockade or repair Charger.
Internals Failsafe, Armor Fusor, Fuel Converter or Repair Kit.

Hope this helps.

#5 Zycat

Zycat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 06:05 PM

I should probably rename my topic "Co-op builds and strategies with incompetent teammates"

The teammate I get 95% of the time are incompetent. Not that I'm very competent but nonetheless the list of offensives goes on : ragequit, whining, or just plain newbie who hasn't got a clue how to play the game yet. About 50% of the players I met uses CR-T and uses the default picture as their avatar. Now I don't have anything against CR-T, it's a great mech, but when I see CR-T with default avatar it makes me cringe because often (not always) it means that the player is a newbie.

Therefore I am looking forwards for advices to complete the Co-op mode with one or two bots and incompetent teammates.

Does Armor Fusor work with Co-op btw_

Edited by Zycat, April 08 2014 - 06:08 PM.

#6 SciFox

SciFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 09:30 PM

3 heavies and a tech make everything before wave 23,24ish a yawnfest. The last 2 may wake you up but its pretty darn easy.

#7 McBonY

McBonY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 11:12 PM

Guys yelling "stop stealing my EU!!11" are the best ;]

#8 GreenEggsAndSamZ

GreenEggsAndSamZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted April 09 2014 - 02:39 AM

Wave 21+ is actually the easiest part. Before then, you're upgrading as you go. After ~22 and upgrading damage exclusively, you're going through waves and waves of bots like a lawnmower.

As for a setup for dealing with incompetent teammates, well.... You're not gonna hit wave 25. It's a team effort. You could bring friends to better your odds.

In my opinion, the best team consists of 4 assaults. Mow down everything while utilizing cover and funneling the bots into a killzone is the fastest and safest way to hit wave 25. A tech is a crutch and slows the game down, possibly increasing risk at the same time.
Posted Image

#9 UnderContruction

UnderContruction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationLikely behind you.

Posted April 09 2014 - 04:19 AM

View PostZycat, on April 08 2014 - 06:05 PM, said:

Does Armor Fusor work with Co-op btw_

If you plan to working with AI or dumb team mates yes, run, recharge and resurrect AI or team mate. As you do not have time to stand still on your own.

#10 Mawnkey

Mawnkey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDirectly Behind You

Posted April 12 2014 - 12:38 AM

If you do go as a tech (say for the achievement; yes there's one for completing it with each mech), upgrade your heat dissipation to 100% as fast you can can. At 100% you can run heals continuously and toss Redox debuffs on everything without ever overheating. Very handy as it lets you make up for some of the lost damage.

#11 Cagcontrol

Cagcontrol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 04:09 AM

My build is Incinerator with armor fusor, extractor, and anything else. Items are scanner for watching flanks, blockade and shield for running away and rezzing teamates. I run PAPA bear and get up to 30% heat reduction so I can fire the large secondary shots non-stop. The DPS is insane, something like 240 or so un-upgraded, so I just upgrade armor until around +525% - 600% (seems to be about the amount of health you need to out heal damage with armor fusor). After that it all goes to + Damage.

If im pugging totally (not one person in my party) I will never EVER play facility. The chokes are just bigger than they are in Front Line. I am not sure of the map headings in the game, but right when you spawn in Front Line there are 2 narrow hallways to the right and left, idk why but i always pick the right one and stay there the rest of the game. The way you play these hallways is by being towards the OPPOSITE end of where the enemies are entering from. That way they'll enter the choke (limting their damage to you because only 1 or 2 can shoot you at a time) and your AOE damage and insane dps will blow them up in groups. As a bonus, the choke nullifies their dodging (Makes speed freaks and scout waves super easy) and their mech teammates wont let them turn around and run away when they're weak.

The priority will always be air targets, mechs, then boss in the boss fights, for the all fights i prefer to shoot down 1 mech and get my armor fusor going, then shooting down air.

If you can manage to get 1 teammate on skype and convince him to just watch your back in this hallway you should RARELY lose, my win rate in pugs after discovering this strat seems to be mostly wins (beating wave 25).

Oh 1 last thing, I play on the eastern servers and have noticed that the players at night are usually more skilled than the players during school/work hours. So if you want to improve your chances even more, then selectively play COOP at night as your teammates will be more helpful. Also found that regular DM is way easier in the morning than at night, so I'll get my daily win then.

Hope this helps :D

#12 MegaManX

MegaManX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted April 18 2014 - 05:08 AM

So a couple of friends and I have been playing a lot of co-op. If you want to do solo with newbie players decoying for you.... I haven't gotten a good strategy yet.

Cag control is correct though. Facility is a terrible map to play in with newbies. It is too open, you can get yourself killed easy. He is also right about facility. Although I would choose a different location from the two that he mentioned. (I won't mention that location here, I would choose it because my buddies and I have found a way to beat glass cannon without using ANY consumables easy peasy ;D). The incinerator with Papa bear is INSANE. The DPS on that thing will wreck everything. You have to upgrade heat reduction to 25% - 30% (I recommend 25 though for really good players). I usually put it all in Damage though, because that thing can kill a brawler in 2 seconds once it reaches about 30% damage increase. Especially with consistant firing of both the Papa Bear and the SAARE. All in all, to beat all 25 waves, incinerator is necassary. You cant ever stop firing. You also need at least ONE guy watching your back. Then you will most likely win.

I will try out controls method. I would probobly switch out Extractor for advanced repair kit though. To get more out of the yellow orbs. Armor fusor is VITAL. Healing is the main factor here, so controls suggestion of upgrading up to 500 extra HP has merit. Ill give it a try. Since you aren't putting much in heat reduction, a lot of it can go to health and damage. Plus funneling bots down to kill them 2 or 3 at a time will increase your survivability.

Edited by MegaManX, April 18 2014 - 05:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users