HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Alpha forums GONE

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted September 28 2012 - 06:17 PM

Probably a mistake, if you're experiencing this, file a ticket to: support@playhawken.com

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#22 Deagle

Deagle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 06:19 PM

View PostDbes, on September 28 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

View PostGanelon, on September 28 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Access to the game IS revoked if you breach the NDA.

So then why have the forums vanished for members who have not broken the NDA_
I'm in the same boat here.   I've only posted one forum post in the A2 forums, and now they've vanished.   Haven't tried logging into the game in the last few hours, so hopefully it's a case of human error.

#23 Dbes

Dbes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted September 28 2012 - 06:31 PM

View PostDeagle, on September 28 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

I'm in the same boat here.   I've only posted one forum post in the A2 forums, and now they've vanished.   Haven't tried logging into the game in the last few hours, so hopefully it's a case of human error.

Let us just hope it is some kind of error.
I'm almost more upset at losing access to the Alpha 2 forums, then I would be if I had lost access to the game.

I just want to help make the game better...

- There is nothing like a Vulture -

#24 ubentobox

ubentobox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MA

Posted September 28 2012 - 06:41 PM

I am pretty perplexed by this myself.  I posted only in the Alpha forums and I don't think I said anything wrong, I wasn't trying to recruit for any other games, and I was bashing other users, I haven't posted anything on outside sources, haven't even said I 'was' (apparently) in the Alpha except with this post.  Then I get a second email saying WELCOME TO ALPHA, and I am still blocked_  Did anyone else get a second Alpha invite email_
Posted Image

#25 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 06:42 PM

Your sig links to the private Alpha 2 forums.....

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#26 ubentobox

ubentobox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MA

Posted September 28 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostGanelon, on September 28 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

Oh sob your kidding me.   Something no one can access unless they have ACCESS it better not be the reason I got removed.

I hope its not the case because if it is I am going back to other betas that follow common sense of networking principles and website access.

Edited by ubentobox, September 28 2012 - 06:56 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Dbes

Dbes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted September 28 2012 - 07:03 PM

View Postubentobox, on September 28 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

View PostGanelon, on September 28 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

Oh sob your kidding me.   Something no one can access unless they have ACCESS it better not be the reason I got removed.

I hope its not the case because if it is I am going back to other betas that follow common sense of networking principles and website access.

No, linking to a locked forum that only users with permissions to access... can access. Is certainly not a breach of a NDA, and in no way would cause Hawken to lose any amount of money.

#28 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 07:07 PM

Don't know, I reported someone who linked that and it was removed (by a mod/admin, not by the user himself/herself because that would show).

#29 Vore

Vore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 08:46 PM

Well, I havn't received a warning notice or any notice concerning breaches or even a notice saying Oops We Seem To Have Wiped A Whole Heap Of Access For A Lot Of People. Hopefully that will be fixed soon_

#30 DevilTyphoon

DevilTyphoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted September 29 2012 - 04:23 AM

I don't think all of us broken the NDA this night in the same moment we slept so. It's a bug. I have NOT talked about the game out of here and i have NOT posted any video or screenshots.

Edited by DevilTyphoon, September 29 2012 - 04:24 AM.

Posted Image

#31 Tizo

Tizo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 29 2012 - 07:21 AM

Same thing happened to me and my only post in the HAWKEN forums so far has been in the intro thread over at the Alpha forums, basically saying my name and hope I can make this game better... haven't posted anything to other sites either and the only person I talked to about the game was my RL friend that is also in the Alpha!

So, if I was banned, I'm guessing it was a mistake... Also, I can still log in to the game itself.

#32 eveninglion

eveninglion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 29 2012 - 05:47 PM

View Postubentobox, on September 28 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

I am pretty perplexed by this myself.  I posted only in the Alpha forums and I don't think I said anything wrong, I wasn't trying to recruit for any other games, and I was bashing other users, I haven't posted anything on outside sources, haven't even said I 'was' (apparently) in the Alpha except with this post.  Then I get a second email saying WELCOME TO ALPHA, and I am still blocked_  Did anyone else get a second Alpha invite email_

I did, I got a second invite email 2 days ago, and lost my access to the A2 forums today. I can still access the game no problem. I did not break the NDA to the best of my knowledge as I only posted about hawken twice(i think), and it was all in the A2 forums. I took no video footage or pictures, nor did I advertise that I was in the game, or break any forums rules that i know of. i can only assume that this was a mistake.
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
Processor : Intel® Core™ i7-2600S @ 2.80GHz
Memory: 8192MB DDR3
Video: AMD Radeon HD 6570 (8.982.0.0)
Audio: AMD HDMI Output (7.12.0000.7708)

#33 Dbes

Dbes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted September 29 2012 - 06:10 PM

View Posteveninglion, on September 29 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

I did, I got a second invite email 2 days ago, and lost my access to the A2 forums today. I can still access the game no problem. I did not break the NDA to the best of my knowledge as I only posted about hawken twice(i think), and it was all in the A2 forums. I took no video footage or pictures, nor did I advertise that I was in the game, or break any forums rules that i know of. i can only assume that this was a mistake.

For an Alpha test that ends in 4 days, this is a pretty hefty mistake for those of us who wanted to work through any bugs or issues with the game. Like the Eyefinity setup issues_ I had a great thread going before the forums vanished. And how am I to know what this recent update changed_

#34 DevilTyphoon

DevilTyphoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted September 30 2012 - 02:12 AM

If I will not have again the access to the forum i will be forced to give my money to the other game with mechs. MW Online.....
Posted Image

#35 matixzun

matixzun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted September 30 2012 - 07:31 AM

Yeah, i sent a ticket and it still aint answered

#36 Dbes

Dbes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted September 30 2012 - 09:36 AM

1) Sign Out of forums
2) Sign Out of Hawken Website (PlayHawken.com)
3) Close Browser & Reopen to PlayHawken.com
4) Log in to Hawken.com Website
5) Click on Launch / Download now
6) Accept EULA / NDA
7) Save hawkenlauncher.exe (again)
8) Watch how you can see the Alpha 2 forums again!

#37 DevilTyphoon

DevilTyphoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted September 30 2012 - 11:02 AM

View PostDbes, on September 30 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

1) Sign Out of forums
6) Accept EULA / NDA

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY!!!!! THANK YOU!
Posted Image

#38 h8me

h8me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationV.A.

Posted September 30 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostDbes, on September 30 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

1) Sign Out of forums
6) Accept EULA / NDA

Thank you very much.

#39 Her0

Her0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted October 01 2012 - 10:39 AM

Yeap, downloading the installer again solved the problem...
Thanks!

#40 Speedbump

Speedbump

Web Developer

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 26 posts

Posted October 02 2012 - 11:00 AM

We're currently looking into an issue that is intermittently causing some Alpha2 users to lose access to the Alpha2 forums. If you can no longer see the Alpha2 forums, but you can sign into the game client and/or see the "ENTER ALPHA" button on your home page, don't worry: you haven't been banned. We're hoping to have a fix for the problem rolled out shortly, but in the meantime, re-accepting the NDA as detailed in Dbes' post upthread should re-admit you to the Alpha2 forums.

If you can no longer see the Alpha2 forums and can't log into the game client or see the "ENTER ALPHA" button on your home page, you have been banned, and you probably know why.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users