HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Ultimate Predator Guide!

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#281 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted July 28 2014 - 08:16 AM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on July 28 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on July 28 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

O_o  What did I just witness here_  These discussions on Pred (apparently) are so random.

Nah, our thoughts are tactically chosen to give the appearance of random-ocity. They are not, in fact, random.

They are Apples.
And BANANAS.
Boxen, too.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#282 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted July 28 2014 - 08:45 AM

View PostMeraple, on July 28 2014 - 08:16 AM, said:

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on July 28 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on July 28 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

O_o  What did I just witness here_  These discussions on Pred (apparently) are so random.

Nah, our thoughts are tactically chosen to give the appearance of random-ocity. They are not, in fact, random.

They are Apples.
And BANANAS.
Boxen, too.

What have you done!_!_!   You've appled everything!

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, July 28 2014 - 08:45 AM.

#283 m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted July 28 2014 - 05:07 PM

Nope, you've grown cocky, 21st, you must learn to respect your elders(Not me)

#284 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted July 29 2014 - 07:16 AM

View Postm0bieduck, on July 28 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

BOW TO YOUR MASTERS

OR ELSE

Edited by Meraple, July 29 2014 - 07:16 AM.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#285 m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted July 29 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostMeraple, on July 29 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

BOW TO YOUR MASTERS

OR ELSE
The old hags win the argument

Edited by m0bieduck, July 29 2014 - 11:18 AM.

#286 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted July 30 2014 - 06:18 AM

View Postm0bieduck, on July 29 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

View PostMeraple, on July 29 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

BOW TO YOUR MASTERS

OR ELSE
The old hags win the argument

Shhhh... Let the little apple dream.

#287 m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted August 01 2014 - 05:19 PM

I can't believe I've let this thread go on like to this. I think if light wants, he should ask a forum admin to delete unhelpful and troll posts like the ones I have recently posted. I want this guide to be like it was when i just started hawken

#288 Alpha86

Alpha86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted August 01 2014 - 07:10 PM

Recently started playing my predator again after I decided to pull the trigger on the T32 bolt. (heh heh)
I'm not sure if the new primary made that much of a difference, or if my abundant infiltrator usage and viewing of Meraple's pred videos just put me in a different mindset.

My K/D ratio is significantly better now with the Predator, and i actually feel like I am contributing to the team instead of dragging them down :)

Edited by Alpha86, August 01 2014 - 07:11 PM.

#289 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted August 01 2014 - 09:07 PM

View Postm0bieduck, on August 01 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

I can't believe I've let this thread go on like to this. I think if light wants, he should ask a forum admin to delete unhelpful and troll posts like the ones I have recently posted. I want this guide to be like it was when i just started hawken

Fair enough.

View PostAlpha86, on August 01 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

Recently started playing my predator again after I decided to pull the trigger on the T32 bolt. (heh heh)
I'm not sure if the new primary made that much of a difference, or if my abundant infiltrator usage and viewing of Meraple's pred videos just put me in a different mindset.

My K/D ratio is significantly better now with the Predator, and i actually feel like I am contributing to the team instead of dragging them down :)

T32 is a fun, sloppy, rambo weapon-- you're right in believing that the Breacher and EOC are much better.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#290 Alpha86

Alpha86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted August 02 2014 - 03:03 AM

T32 is a fun, sloppy, rambo weapon-- you're right in believing that the Breacher and EOC are much better.

I don't know if sloppy and rambo are the words I would use to describe the T32 on the predator, but I know it suits my playstyle a bit better than the breacher. The one thing I found with the breacher is the reload time is WAY too slow for me, even with the 1-2 combo charged shot. Ultimately it really screws with my timing and makes me hate playing the predator. I like that the T32 and EOC-P have similar rates of fire so I can volley both at the same time.

Although the T32 isnt as versatile and can't fire through shields, I actually don't mind it too much. If I'm going in for a kill I usually prefer to get up closer. If they run under a shield I like to let them watch me cloak and disappear so that they can remain paranoid about me being out there waiting for them to be weakened :P

Also as mentioned the rate of fire is better in case I happen to be forced into CQC with someone. After watching Meraple's gamplay videos I feel I've gotten better at aiming my mines for the opponent's feet so if I miss, I can manually detonate. This has actually saved me a few times.

The hardest part for me with the predator is being patient and waiting for the right time to strike. It's always exciting watching that one injured opponent boosting away to heal :P

#291 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted August 02 2014 - 06:05 AM

View PostAlpha86, on August 02 2014 - 03:03 AM, said:

I don't know if sloppy and rambo are the words I would use to describe the T32 on the predator, but I know it suits my playstyle a bit better than the breacher. The one thing I found with the breacher is the reload time is WAY too slow for me, even with the 1-2 combo charged shot. Ultimately it really screws with my timing and makes me hate playing the predator. I like that the T32 and EOC-P have similar rates of fire so I can volley both at the same time.

Although the T32 isnt as versatile and can't fire through shields, I actually don't mind it too much. If I'm going in for a kill I usually prefer to get up closer. If they run under a shield I like to let them watch me cloak and disappear so that they can remain paranoid about me being out there waiting for them to be weakened :P

Also as mentioned the rate of fire is better in case I happen to be forced into CQC with someone. After watching Meraple's gamplay videos I feel I've gotten better at aiming my mines for the opponent's feet so if I miss, I can manually detonate. This has actually saved me a few times.

The hardest part for me with the predator is being patient and waiting for the right time to strike. It's always exciting watching that one injured opponent boosting away to heal :P

I find that the T32 is great for close range sustained damage, but its lack of utility when compared to the Breacher and EOC can be its downfall. However, if it works for you, that's awesome.

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

#292 m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted August 02 2014 - 06:09 AM

View PostAlpha86, on August 02 2014 - 03:03 AM, said:

These are the situations that I use each of the weapons for pred on.
Breacher:all around use, mostly a and b classes. Mostly use it for better people that are similar yo my skill level and better. This is my serious weapon.

T32 bolt:For players that I can easily kill and also for decent heavies. The higher DPs helps me get more kills on easy players and the it also helps me counter heavies that I could easily outmaneuver so I can also get more kills because I can kill them faster

Eoc: I use this weapon for mostly seige and keeping good heavies in check. Both of the situations I use them in are for area denial and because of the heavies slow speed, I can hit most of my pucks on them

#293 Alpha86

Alpha86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted August 02 2014 - 06:03 PM

I almost feel that the breacher shouldve been the level 3 upgrade instead of the T32

Just saiyan

#294 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted August 15 2014 - 08:00 AM

So I'm back and playing Hawken. I forgot how satisfying it is to annoy the enemy team so much that you force them to pull their own Pred. It's even better when you stomp that Pred.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users