HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Predator Support Group

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 20 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostLEmental, on April 20 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

Is it over_  Can we now have a productive thread_

Yeap.
Hopefully it won't die like the other threads. :l

Posted Image

Spoiler

#42 AboveTheSky

AboveTheSky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPredator Pilot of prosk army

Posted April 21 2014 - 02:17 AM

guys stop qoute huge text

is very anoying

Posted Image

#43 frederickthegreat

frederickthegreat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted April 21 2014 - 05:10 AM

EOC repeater rocks. That`s all i have to say.
Go away

#44 AboveTheSky

AboveTheSky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted April 21 2014 - 05:20 AM

ye is fun but problem is

EOC repeater overheat to fast if u shot EOC Predator in same time

Posted Image

#45 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 21 2014 - 05:30 AM

View PostAboveTheSky, on April 21 2014 - 05:20 AM, said:

ye is fun but problem is

EOC repeater overheat to fast if u shot EOC Predator in same time

I do that all the time, yet I rarely overheat.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#46 AboveTheSky

AboveTheSky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted April 21 2014 - 05:42 AM

i mean to spam eoc predator like a mad lol

Posted Image

#47 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 21 2014 - 11:49 AM

Above The Sky is a very good predator when he doesn't have ping issues. Very good I must say!

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#48 AboveTheSky

AboveTheSky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 12:04 AM

i will fix ping/lag issue when i can

i have 2 more video to upload for my chanel

Posted Image

#49 Sielava

Sielava

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 02:24 PM

Hello guys. Im playin HAWKEN since it was open beta. I had a long break, and when i came back i realized that devs DELETED upgrade points :D now its no longer your unique playstyle of each mech its JUST each mech playstyle nothing else but lets go back to the topic.

Predator is one of my mains. I gave up playin it some time ago and here it comes again Pred - my fav. Since i came back into its cockpit im gettin better every match. I used to play only underrated mech couse i do believe in their hidden potential. Here are few tips that may let u improve.

Here comes internals:
1. Advanced Reconstructer is a MUST. It allows you to restore armor points when stealthed. It works perfectly, couse u have to choose your victims visely, and most times you reveal yourself youre healed. It also allows you to reconstruct without exposing yourself while using repair drone.
2. Advanced Armor Fuser / Replenisher - u gonna choose one of those. First one will help u gettin out from battlefield with higher propability of success after killin an enemy. The second one reduces stealth cooldown so its also usefull.

Weapons:
1. Breacher build is the one im using currently. When i was grinding Pred for the first time this weapon was AWFULL for me, actually every single Pred's weapon was awfull. Now it seems to be preety good, not bcouse of all those buffs/nerfs/whatever. Its becouse i slightly improved. To use Breacher practice aiming. DO NOT spam it, couse its reload is preety slow. Every single miss gonan hurt, so let the enemy use shift before u shot to land it well. When using Breacher keep close distance, when the distance increases use its second fire mode - its also great tool against 'escapers'. PATIENCE
2. 2x EOC build is also good choice. Using that build u dont have to change your playstyle drastically, u CAN but u DONT HAVE TO. When using EOC's u have to play more carefully, couse your DPS is lower now. The good thing about EOC Repeater is its accuracy. U dont have to initiate close combat fight, u can also SNIPE with it. Be sure to load additional explosives before u start. When youve been chased, and u know u have no chance in pen fight, hide behind corner and leave sticky bombs behind u. I took down many enemies just bcouse they were hardly following me without paying attention on their steps. Hittin moving targets with Repeater may be problematic. Many of your enemies gonna spam SHIFT left and SHIFT right when dueling. Use the oportunity and shot at ground instead of sphreading them into air, they gonna walk into it. Doing traps with EOC Predator may grand u 100% kill but it mostly require an area camping. It also take time to cast all 10 mines, u may get spotted doing it. Try to place mines in less visible places, for example behind the corner to not allow enemies see em too early (however most of them gonna ignore em anyway). Maps design will not allow u to get easy kills using traps. Sometimes u gonna loose lot of time camping near your trap. Every duel near your trap, using Predator gonna dismiss few mines from your trap, so be sure to replace them after fight.
3. T-32 - do not use it ;). Just joking, do what u want to do, but im not reccomending using that weapon. Reason is simple - u gonna get better effect using other ones - especially Breacher.

Killing escaping enemies may be problematic for Predator. Its much harder to finish enemies if the distance slightly increase. Use your Breacher second fire mode, and try to shot EOC mines not directly on enemy but on their escaping direction, radius gonna get them.

When you're tryin to fight high- risk mech, which is busy of shottin to someone else use your quick stealth mode. Just hit him once but hard [EOC combo is good for that couse i allow u to keep some distance + accuracu], hide, wait for your stealth [2 secs] and then initiate the fight, with double adventage. I know some of them gonna run spottin stealth mech, but u also gonna meet many 'brave' ones ;)

Im not goin to introduce anyone about items. Its too personal and playstyle-depending. I know that some things i wrote about isnt anything new for you, but i just made compilation of things which IN MY OPINION are important sittin in PRed cockpit. Good luck!

EDIT: Almost forgot. When youre gettin surrounded by enemies and your stealth is ON just dont move. Stay calm, do not use keys neither your mouse to not create a blur - u gonna see the efects :D. From my experience,  maybe 1/8 players gonna find out youre there ;). Also works when tryin to escape :P

Edited by Sielava, April 22 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#50 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted April 22 2014 - 05:12 PM

View PostSielava, on April 22 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

*snip*

Great review!  Remember everyone, Predator is getting a buff (but a slight nerf to it's boosting speed):

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 22 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

• Predator
    • Decreased boost speed from 32.24 to 30.8 meters/sec

• Increased run speed from 18.5 to 19.5 meters/sec

• Developer's Note: The Predator was slightly underpowered. We wanted to give him a bit more mobility while in Stalker Mode to allow him to find prey easier.
  • EOC Predator
    • Decreased amount of active mines available from 10 to 8
    • Increased mine damage from 50 to 60
    • Developer's Note: These adjustments allows the Predator to set up traps faster and gives a slight increase in damage output.
  • Stalker (Predator)
    • Increased run speed by 2 meters/sec when ability is active

• Developer's Note: Added a slight run speed increase while Stalker is active to give the Predator more mobility while stalking his prey.

Wait.... If the mines were decreased to 8 and only had a 10+ damage increase...  The total amount would be 480!  About 20 less damage.  :(   Is this intentional or not_  EOC P gets more damage for each mine with less to put down but has less damage overall in exchange of deploying traps faster. (I'm very skeptical if this is a good idea, but I'll see once this update hits.)

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, April 22 2014 - 05:34 PM.

#51 LEmental

LEmental

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 06:25 PM

Never will I have 10 mines in one spot.  This is a great update, but I worry that the boost speed decrease will be the death of us =0

Posted Image

#52 SquirrelDash

SquirrelDash

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 08:54 PM

so I bought my predator today, filling out the last slot and now I have every mech except the g2 assault.  so, I tried it out, and I have this to say.

in my bracket, I was usually top 3 in most matches.  now I am at the bottom, either due to me dying a lot or just not contributing very many kills.  I expected this, actually, as I have heard that the predator is very difficult to use properly.  at first I hated the breacher, because it's so slow, but now I think I'm noticing that it packs quite a punch, and I like that it can be both a rifle or a shotgun.  that said, predator mode is fun, but it's difficult for me to know when to use it.  I'm having some trouble figuring out what niche the predator fills.

overall though, I like it.  will continue practicing, if my ping will let me.

#53 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted April 23 2014 - 02:11 AM

View PostSquirrelDash, on April 22 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

so I bought my predator today, filling out the last slot and now I have every mech except the g2 assault.  so, I tried it out, and I have this to say.

in my bracket, I was usually top 3 in most matches.  now I am at the bottom, either due to me dying a lot or just not contributing very many kills.  I expected this, actually, as I have heard that the predator is very difficult to use properly.  at first I hated the breacher, because it's so slow, but now I think I'm noticing that it packs quite a punch, and I like that it can be both a rifle or a shotgun.  that said, predator mode is fun, but it's difficult for me to know when to use it.  I'm having some trouble figuring out what niche the predator fills.

One of the first things you can do is learn the combo-shot with the Breacher.

Charge a shot and fire - then follow up with a shotgun shot with a slightly faster ROF. Lots of damage

Edited by mccrorie, April 23 2014 - 02:11 AM.

#54 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 23 2014 - 02:27 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on April 22 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

Wait.... If the mines were decreased to 8 and only had a 10+ damage increase...  The total amount would be 480!  About 20 less damage.  :(   Is this intentional or not_  EOC P gets more damage for each mine with less to put down but has less damage overall in exchange of deploying traps faster. (I'm very skeptical if this is a good idea, but I'll see once this update hits.)

Just laying traps and not fighting at all basicly makes you a near-useless teammate.

View PostLEmental, on April 22 2014 - 06:25 PM, said:

Never will I have 10 mines in one spot.  This is a great update, but I worry that the boost speed decrease will be the death of us =0

I worry about the boost speed decrease as well, as I sometimes have to boost like hell just to survive with <50 HP,
while using both movement speed-increasing internals.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#55 Scyfex

Scyfex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 23 2014 - 02:32 AM

View Postmccrorie, on April 23 2014 - 02:11 AM, said:

Charge a shot and fire - then follow up with a shotgun shot with a slightly faster ROF. Lots of damage

I immensly dislike this tactic because usually by the time it's up they dodge, and you're still starting the fight off with less damage.

#56 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 23 2014 - 02:59 AM

I honestly am not happy about the boost decrease. Pred was already fragile with its current boost speed, and to trade that in for 21.5 walk speed in stealth, I'm not sure that is good enough.

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#57 LEmental

LEmental

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted April 23 2014 - 03:03 AM

Meraple didn't you say that you had some videos_

Posted Image

#58 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 23 2014 - 03:12 AM

View Postmccrorie, on April 23 2014 - 02:11 AM, said:

That is not a combo shot, that is a double shot. A combo shot is firing a puck + charged breacher at your target.

#59 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 23 2014 - 04:27 AM

View PostLEmental, on April 23 2014 - 03:03 AM, said:

Meraple didn't you say that you had some videos_

I had. I deleted it by now, lol.

If somebody can tell me how OBS works I'll gladly record some of my matches.

Posted Image

Did decent there, but there were some pretty good players.
I hope to record a match like this at around 20:00 GMT+1 when I get on the BSB TS channel.

Edited by Meraple, April 23 2014 - 04:31 AM.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#60 Sielava

Sielava

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted April 23 2014 - 04:37 AM

Boost reduction may be problematic when youll try to chase or finish someone. Anyway.. when im not fighting i used to be in stalker mode. The problem about devs vs Predator is reducing hes role to a 'finisher' or hunter tracking weakest or wounded enemies. I kinda like the 'hunter' idea but theres no use for it when enemy team cooperates well. When they're grouped watching their back and gettin repaired by technician its like 'OW! nothing to do here..'. This kind of situation eliminates Pred from battlefield, and weaken our team, couse theyre for example teamfighting 5 vs 6 when we cant do much vs grouped foes. I think that predator should get some buff which would allow him to have a chance in direct fight 1 vs 1 when hes forced to, even if its mostly skill dependant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users