HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Crush kills

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted April 18 2014 - 09:37 AM

Man, I really wish I'd remembered to screenshot this, but I got my first crush kill today and it was the match-winning kill.

In a turreted Vanguard, I drove straight off the top of Origin and landed on some poor soul on the middle strip. I didn't even know you could DO THAT until the achievement popped up. The end of match screen was me "nose" first in some dude's wreckage which was to date the most hilarious thing I have seen in this game. I was too busy cackling like a maniac to take a screen, alas.

I don't know if this really counts as a tactic, buuuuut crush kill stories_

#2 IceDagger

IceDagger

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted April 18 2014 - 09:43 AM

That's awesome.

For me, I just got 10 crush kills and earned the emblem 2 days ago. I use zerker and flying a lot so the chance to get this is quite high.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/pombuppa

[/font]

#3 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted April 18 2014 - 10:35 AM

Happened to me too. First crush kill: Match-end kill and I was on the end cam *_*

Awesome feeling, gj bro.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#4 Coboxite

Coboxite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted April 18 2014 - 10:41 AM

Never won a match with a crush kill, but I did once get a crush kill before my victim hit the ground.

#5 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted April 18 2014 - 10:54 AM

I have a lot of them, my best one was in a siege game in origin; I was with a SS (my old days) in the AA, killed one, then the second, then the third while in air (had 3 HP left) and fell down and crashed a brawler :D and that was my VERY VERY first crash kill and my first Quadruple kill too.

But before, kill streaks (dbl kills ...) had to be consecutive and with a max time difference of like 4-5 seconds at max, it was pretty neat :D

Another crazy one was on one of my friends in DM, with the SS too, in the old days, I was then able to go on top of the structures in origin:
Posted Image

And I jumped on a friend "Berdesdan" and I killed him, and he had like 120 HP then or so, it was so awesome.

Another that I liked so much is this, by xacius: http://www.twitch.tv...acius/c/3586223

Posted Image

#6 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted April 18 2014 - 11:41 AM

View PostCoboxite, on April 18 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

Never won a match with a crush kill, but I did once get a crush kill before my victim hit the ground.

ahahahawat how does that even work__

View PostEliteShooter, on April 18 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

I have a lot of them, my best one was in a siege game in origin; I was with a SS (my old days) in the AA, killed one, then the second, then the third while in air (had 3 HP left) and fell down and crashed a brawler :D and that was my VERY VERY first crash kill and my first Quadruple kill too.

But before, kill streaks (dbl kills ...) had to be consecutive and with a max time difference of like 4-5 seconds at max, it was pretty neat :D

Another crazy one was on one of my friends in DM, with the SS too, in the old days, I was then able to go on top of the structures in origin:
Posted Image

And I jumped on a friend "Berdesdan" and I killed him, and he had like 120 HP then or so, it was so awesome.

Another that I liked so much is this, by xacius: http://www.twitch.tv...acius/c/3586223

Oh my fuzzy bunny that is perfect

#7 spinningchurro

spinningchurro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted April 23 2014 - 10:13 PM

How much damage does a crush kill do_

Does it vary on height or mech class_

#8 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted April 25 2014 - 10:08 AM

I just got my first crush kill while piloting a Technician. In the panic and mayhem of losing the mech I was healing, I somehow managed to jump and land on the enemy. Not sure how much life they had left but I was exited to see the little achievement pop up!

#9 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted April 25 2014 - 01:05 PM

View Postspinningchurro, on April 23 2014 - 10:13 PM, said:

How much damage does a crush kill do_

Does it vary on height or mech class_

It varies depending on mech class.  A heavy will do more damage than a light but it will take more fall damage than that light.

#10 Coboxite

Coboxite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted April 25 2014 - 02:07 PM

View PostAmidatelion, on April 18 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

View PostCoboxite, on April 18 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

ahahahawat how does that even work__

You do so by falling faster than your opponent, but it basically means you get the kill by break dancing all over physics.

#11 PhasmaFelis

PhasmaFelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 04:10 PM

View PostCoboxite, on April 25 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

You do so by falling faster than your opponent, but it basically means you get the kill by break dancing all over physics.
The physics are fine. A collision with, say, 30mph relative velocity difference is the same whether your actual velocities are 30 and 0 or 20,030 and 20,000.

Anyway, a midair stomp in Hawken usually means that you fell from a ledge onto someone either hovering or ascending from a jump pad, not that you were both actually falling.

#12 Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech republic

Posted April 29 2014 - 10:10 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on April 18 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

Ok, for once I accepted the fact that my ISP is a douchebag who throttles twitch.tv and I waited those 15 minutes for the video to load up... ohhh lol, I do not regret it at all, that was hilarious XD
Got few Hawken vids here on my YT.

#13 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 09 2014 - 09:30 AM

I have pretty much never killed anybody by crushing if I remember correctly. It is too dangerous on my part.

#14 driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted May 14 2014 - 12:07 AM

25 crush kills and counting.  The best are when you overheat and finish by crushing.  My favorite was when I saw a little scout who thought he was being sneaky in origin to flank.  I walked off the ledge with my grenadier and right before I landed on him I gave him a rev gl and a grenade.  Full health to giblets in .02 seconds.  I love how crunchy A-class mechs are!  :lol:
Posted Image
"...Then I presume the complex murder algorithm that masquerades as his cerebral cortex was done analyzing my panicked stumbling and he flattened me."  -Amidatelion on Xacius.

#15 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 04:37 AM

View Postdriedjello, on May 14 2014 - 12:07 AM, said:

25 crush kills and counting.  The best are when you overheat and finish by crushing.  My favorite was when I saw a little scout who thought he was being sneaky in origin to flank.  I walked off the ledge with my grenadier and right before I landed on him I gave him a rev gl and a grenade.  Full health to giblets in .02 seconds.  I love how crunchy A-class mechs are!  :lol:

Except if they does detect you and dodges they becomes... Seriously... Seriously... Mean...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users