HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

What`s the best sniping map_

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 frederickthegreat

frederickthegreat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted April 20 2014 - 06:35 PM

What is the best sniping map_ Origin_ Bazaar_

And whats the best tactic on them_
Go away

#2 Coboxite

Coboxite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted April 20 2014 - 07:03 PM

Bunker is the best for the wrong reasons, its mostly flat and has a well placed high point.

#3 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted April 20 2014 - 08:06 PM

View PostCoboxite, on April 20 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

Bunker is the best for the wrong reasons, its mostly flat and has a well placed high point.

That, And origin which is the actual map were snipers should do well.

Posted Image

#4 frederickthegreat

frederickthegreat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted April 21 2014 - 05:05 AM

Thanks guys, the only problem with origin is that people sneak up on you, but it`s pretty great.
Go away

#5 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted April 21 2014 - 10:23 AM

Every map is great for sniping. CQC and Long Distance sniping.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#6 SciFox

SciFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted April 21 2014 - 11:03 PM

1. Eco
2. Bunker

Also my top hated maps. Big long open sight lines, not a lot of cover. No real elevation changes. No corner play. Not a ton of sneaking around and flanking. Games devolve into lopsided zergs very quickly. God I hate them.

#7 reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJHB, SA

Posted April 22 2014 - 12:34 AM

Bunker and Bazaar, the most open maps.

#8 Tipsy_Gunner

Tipsy_Gunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 02:35 AM

Most definitely Bunker.
Posted Image

#9 Sadistic_Dentist

Sadistic_Dentist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationPoland/Polska

Posted April 22 2014 - 03:57 AM

Origin.
WoT: P2W, NEVER MOOOOREEEE!!!
WT: Nice game, tanks finally implemented!
MWO: P2W, movement is fuzzybunnied up
HAWKEN: Great game, but crashes sometimes

#10 mekard

mekard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 08:31 AM

View PostCoboxite, on April 20 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

agreed!

#11 Climatic

Climatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 01:14 PM

I'm surprised no one said this yet, FrontLine. Stay on the bridge, you see everything and if they come from jump pads, you can hear them. If they take the long ramp, you can shoot them while they dodge into minimal covers. If you really want, you can scum-bag it by bringing in auto-turrets. Listen to them when they start firing and looking into that direction.

Edited by Climatic, April 22 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#12 Duralumi

Duralumi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 02:05 PM

Bunker for the wrong reasons.

Origin for the right reasons.
After disabling signatures I found my forum-browsing experience had improved marginally.

#13 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted April 22 2014 - 04:26 PM

View PostClimatic, on April 22 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

I'm surprised no one said this yet, FrontLine. Stay on the bridge, you see everything and if they come from jump pads, you can hear them. If they take the long ramp, you can shoot them while they dodge into minimal covers. If you really want, you can scum-bag it by bringing in auto-turrets. Listen to them when they start firing and looking into that direction.

At that point take portable scanners, not even cloak will save targets from being spotted.
Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#14 SectionZ

SectionZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationA-Town

Posted April 22 2014 - 11:44 PM

To me, the "best" spot for a shooting spree is the spectacular open air slaughter that is the Last Eco Siege's Anti Air.  Mostly because it is a shooting gallery where people, if they care about the objective at all, have to go.

Which paradoxically means good shooting for Snipers, Rocketeers, Grenadiers, etc who DON'T try to get the objective themselves and instead sit on those ledges looking down, so you can still lose the match while racking up the open air next to no cover kills.

As for Bunker, I kinda like the map because it violently separates the bad lone wolves from the team player survivors.  Yeah yeah "But I'm Flanking/But It works when I flank!" is a frequent response to that comment, but not so much for the countless people who get vaporized when the enemy teams who stick together turns slightly to the side and shoot them all at once when they, maybe, take one guy with them.

Bunker can be good or terrible for snipers depending on who is playing, Nowhere on the map has coverage of literally everywhere, not even perch on top of the bunker itself.  Missile Assault can be a bit more tricky than TDM against snipers, but every silo has it's little nook that a sniper who won't get off his ass and close distance can't shoot at while you cap.

Of course, that is assuming targets with a brain.  More often you see people just thruster boost directly towards a pair of snipers cozying up with a rocketeer from halfway across the map and wonder why people didn't follow them into the gunfire or why their vulcan didn't kill the snipers before they died.

Edited by SectionZ, April 22 2014 - 11:46 PM.

#15 reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJHB, SA

Posted April 22 2014 - 11:50 PM

View PostSectionZ, on April 22 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

To me, the "best" spot for a shooting spree is the spectacular open air slaughter that is the Last Eco Siege's Anti Air.  Mostly because it is a shooting gallery where people, if they care about the objective at all, have to go.

Each team has about two "snipe" hotspots against the AA, both of which are extremely vulnerable to flanking and suppression fire due to its close proximity to the AA itself, ie. neither of them are very safe, I'd be surprised if you can even have your head stuck out for more than a couple of seconds before people send you back into cover with suppress fire.

#16 SectionZ

SectionZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationA-Town

Posted April 23 2014 - 12:13 AM

View PostreVelske, on April 22 2014 - 11:50 PM, said:

Each team has about two "snipe" hotspots against the AA, both of which are extremely vulnerable to flanking and suppression fire due to its close proximity to the AA itself, ie. neither of them are very safe, I'd be surprised if you can even have your head stuck out for more than a couple of seconds before people send you back into cover with suppress fire.
Well, my vote for Last Eco Siege is based on "Which map is it easiest to DIE against snipers while trying to win the objective_".  Outside of the fight happening to wander into a convenient location for snipers in TDM, the objectives in every single other map all have more readily accessible cover than the Last Eco AA, AKA S2.

Words about flanking being a thing on any sniper location that isn't protected by base turrets here.

The only black and white reason Eco's AA could be considered a "Bad" sniper location, is because people can shoot back at the snipers and possibly hurt them.  Which we all know sends you to Sniper summer school while the cool snipers get to go to Harry's Headshot Hambuger Hut.

EDIT: vvv Yes, we have very separate mindsets for what is "Best", but both are still are good spots for sniping.  Origin is definitly SAFER... For both he sniper, and the target.  Meanwhile on Eco, the sniper has to actually put himself at risk, but I've regularly seen people make more sniper kills happen in a single Eco ship launch than a good stretch of Origin Siege in it's entirety in my personal experience*

*Personal Experience: Results May Vary.

Edited by SectionZ, April 23 2014 - 12:32 AM.

#17 reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJHB, SA

Posted April 23 2014 - 12:22 AM

Well, your example of Eco was referring specifically to Siege. Take Origin Siege for example, the "ideal" anti-AA snipe spots are all VERY far from AA itself, ignoring how completely counter-productive to team AA control it actually is to snipe from those spots, they are nigh impossible to flank without a great amount of effort + time, and are reasonably less vulnerable to suppression simply due to the range.

#18 Mawnkey

Mawnkey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDirectly Behind You

Posted April 23 2014 - 12:32 AM

Bunker is definitely for snipers, but it's boring as hell because it's JUST for snipers.

Why so little snipe love for Bazaar_ Enough cover to make it tough, but enough site lines to make it interesting. I find myself pulling a bunch of shoot and move when I'm on it, even as a SS. Honestly it feels like if Bunker were interesting, it would be Bazaar.

Last Eco is definitely a sniper map, but not as lopsided toward snipers as Bunker.

Prosk in TDM if you get a good team (or a couple good partners) is a sniper's heaven. Take and hold the bridge, snipe everyone in the lower parts of the map as they move around, have your teammates clean them up when they try to get up the ramps on either side. High kill counts and angry comments in all chat for everybody!

Edited by Mawnkey, April 23 2014 - 12:33 AM.

#19 renynzea

renynzea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted April 25 2014 - 06:43 AM

For me, it is Bazaar with Front Line a close second,.  Bunker tends to have too many snipers so you get counter-sniped a lot.  Also, those hills.  They are OP.  Nerf the hills.

#20 PhasmaFelis

PhasmaFelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 04:21 PM

Bazaar is the most fun for sniping for me. There's fewer big tall structures than Frontline, Origin, and Prosk, so there's better rooftop-to-rooftop mobility and visibility. It's large enough and open enough that it's relatively easy to hang back out of easy rushing distance and still have a clear line of sight to the fight.

Plus, running around on the rooftops makes me feel like Batman.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users