HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

What`s the best sniping map_

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Mawnkey

Mawnkey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDirectly Behind You

Posted April 27 2014 - 07:20 PM

View PostPhasmaFelis, on April 25 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

Plus, running around on the rooftops makes me feel like Batmech.

FTFY ;)

#22 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted May 01 2014 - 06:10 PM

View PostCoboxite, on April 20 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

Bunker is the best for the wrong reasons, its mostly flat and has a well placed high point.

Ripper fares the best on this map (big and open).
That high point is also what I nicknamed the King's Hill (you're not king for very long), also never used, better used as a visual center piece rather than a strategic point, it's a death trap. Most Bunker games (Missile Assault especially) turn into a that child's game "Ring around the Posies", were the teams just spin around the 'visual centerpiece' taking and losing objectives. And falling on their ass, faces and anything else that your wreckage happens to bounce or roll on.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#23 FirstRaven

FirstRaven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of an A Class mecha- behind you.

Posted May 03 2014 - 09:53 AM

Reaper is my main- haven't used the SS much since I leveled it up.
I have two reapers, one with a Hawkens (my main) and one with a Slug Rifle (secondary).
Scout and Tech are the other mechs i usually pilot, selected based upon the Needs of the Team,
such as who's already equipped what,who/what we're fighting, etc.

It is RARE that more than one sniper is useful on most teams in most circumstances;
if you're sure that person is You, cover your teammates and don't get killed.
The best snipers most often have way more assists than kills in a team match.
Follow a good SS/Reaper around with a tech (Hawkens equipped) on the maps to learn the sweet/vulnerable spots.

Best Reaping maps:

Facility- absolute Best for reaping, can use Hawkens or Slug.

Bazaar- Good base side substantially better, do better myself Scouting from the congested base.
If you're Reaping from the lesser base location, use a Hawkens- you'll need the ability to CQC in the narrow passages isolating your base from the rest of the map. Slug can be used from better base side.

Last Eco- Takes quite a while to learn the lines- the real trick of which is knowing where you are vulnerable.

Bunker- a little wide open, which is as bad as it is good (Those pesky Predators and Assaults will come after you fast). Working the high points and cover is fun, though can be difficult.

Front Line- Good lines, open enough with plenty of places to hide, and escape.

Maps not as great for sniping:

Uptown- can be easy to get caught in the open or in a narrow corridor, but much better than Origin.

Origin- not as many lines as it seems, most of them obstructed, easy to get snuck up on/ ambushed unless you have a Scout/Tech/other teammate watching your back. Lots of dead ends, making escape difficult.

General tactics with a Reaper/ sniping:
Cover your teammates.
Know the map, where your team will be engaging, locations that provide good lines and cover,
and is out of radar range of mechs in the engagement zone.
Hit the enemy hard once or a few times then get to the next spot.
Be aware of your vulnerable spots.
Know your escape routes.
Frequently unscope and check your radar, ready to hit accuracy skill and CQC with a Hawkens unscoped.

For all A Class:
Air Compressor and Air 180 internals are vital for getting out of bad spots.
A Small Repair Kit, well placed behind cover, can get you out of an otherwise impossible situation,
take just a nip off of it, pop out of cover, fire, get back behind cover and take another nip.

Edited by FirstRaven, May 03 2014 - 10:21 AM.

#24 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted May 07 2014 - 06:54 AM

Very straight forward and well done. This will make it into my arsenal of tricks and tips that I'm compiling (never to be posted on forum 'cause I'm too new) for Rip.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#25 hatterkiller

hatterkiller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationWhere you least expect me

Posted May 11 2014 - 08:21 PM

I agree with IronClamp. Very good tactics. I rather feel as if Facility and Front Line are both tied. Front Line is amazing, especially with support from the other mechs. I got MVP with the Reaper on Frontline using a similar tactic.

Beware....

Posted Image

My Blog

Youtube Page

#26 Z3roCool007

Z3roCool007

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in you're room.

Posted May 12 2014 - 07:11 AM

Bunker.
The amount of times that ive seen like 4 snipers on the other team on that same map
IS TOO DAMN F****** HIGH.
Posted Image

Now I know we can never be friends

-EliteShooter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users