HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Special Notice: MMR Fix

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted April 23 2014 - 05:17 PM

Greetings pilots!

We just discovered and fixed a bug that was causing players with higher MMR to be placed in matches much lower than their fitness range should allow.

This fix has already been implemented in Live and will not require a hotfix or patch.

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

#2 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted April 23 2014 - 05:18 PM

Does this mean I have 2 hour queue times now_ D:
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#3 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 23 2014 - 05:33 PM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 23 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

Greetings pilots!

We just discovered and fixed a bug that was causing players with higher MMR to be placed in matches much lower than their fitness range should allow.

This fix has already been implemented in Live and will not require a hotfix or patch.

Best day ever

Posted Image

#4 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted April 23 2014 - 05:45 PM

View PostRei, on April 23 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

Goofball, no.. just won't get into super low games.

#5 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted April 23 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostAkrium, on April 23 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

But given that there's fewer players the higher you go, there's going to be less available matches. Quite a few of those low-end matches are making up what I've been matched into, so I really do wonder what'll happen now that I can't get into them.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#6 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted April 23 2014 - 06:09 PM

interesting..

great news

Posted Image
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#7 renynzea

renynzea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted April 23 2014 - 06:11 PM

Could explain why I was getting roflstomped earlier...

#8 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted April 23 2014 - 06:24 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on April 23 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

But given that there's fewer players the higher you go, there's going to be less available matches. Quite a few of those low-end matches are making up what I've been matched into, so I really do wonder what'll happen now that I can't get into them.

We also don't know what a players fitness range is.. and how bad the bug was allowing someone of higher skill to face someone lower. It's a bit vague to be honest. I'm fine with that and I have no doubts that they will allow you to play with others. As they do want people to play their game, not having to wait months for people to catch up to their mmr to play.

#9 Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationPA USA

Posted April 23 2014 - 07:20 PM

It was pretty bad. I was matched into games with everyone in freds under level 5 a few times last week, forcing me to beef up my abandonment statistic because i didn't want to beat up new players
How will you spend eternity_ Smoking or Non-Smoking_
Posted Image
Chillen with the banger

#10 FuryMonster

FuryMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted April 23 2014 - 07:35 PM

thx for the fixerino
Want to watch high tier scrims, clan and league matches_ Check out my YouTube! --->https://www.youtube....low=grid&view=0

#11 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted April 23 2014 - 08:09 PM

sooo...this means i don't have to wander around giving freds a V(ulcan)-D cure and swatting at annoying zerks in my Flying FatMan (VanG) anymore_ :D
good job, devs!

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#12 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted April 23 2014 - 09:14 PM

View PostAkrium, on April 23 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on April 23 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

We also don't know what a players fitness range is.. and how bad the bug was allowing someone of higher skill to face someone lower. It's a bit vague to be honest. I'm fine with that and I have no doubts that they will allow you to play with others. As they do want people to play their game, not having to wait months for people to catch up to their mmr to play.
Well, I don't mind waiting a bit longer in any case.

A 2000+ player should not be getting matched with people who still haven't hit level 5. It's just not right.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#13 Mawnkey

Mawnkey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDirectly Behind You

Posted April 23 2014 - 10:15 PM

Ahhh, so it's not my imagination that I was getting matched up with people that even I found to be terribads. Thanks guys!

#14 McMatt

McMatt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationStar Citizen

Posted April 23 2014 - 10:17 PM

I wonder ... Am I grouped into game only on base of MMR or also pilot lvl_ As a pilot I'm lvl 30 (well, everybody climb to that lvl if one just play long enough) but I'm not good in game ... die too many times (To put it simple - I suck. But I like the game.) My MMR is only around 1400.

MSI Z87-G43 | i54670K@3400 | 8192 Mb DDR3 @ 1866Mhz | Gigabyte Nvidia GTX760 OC Windforce 3x rev2.0 2Gb |

SAMSUNG SyncMaster 2433BW 24" @ 1920 x 1200 | Windows 8.1 64 bit Pro | TM T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR 5 Pro

#15 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted April 23 2014 - 10:17 PM

View PostInterrobang87, on April 23 2014 - 07:20 PM, said:

It was pretty bad. I was matched into games with everyone in freds under level 5 a few times last week, forcing me to beef up my abandonment statistic because i didn't want to beat up new players
I love folks like you...That's an honorable thing you did......Thanks on behalf of the lower tier.....No joke im very thankful....
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#16 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted April 23 2014 - 10:20 PM

View PostMawnkey, on April 23 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

Ahhh, so it's not my imagination that I was getting matched up with people that even I found to be terribads. Thanks guys!
Hey watch it ..I resemble that remark...I mean recent that remark.....LoL
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#17 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted April 23 2014 - 10:23 PM

View PostMcMatt, on April 23 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

I wonder ... Am I grouped into game only on base of MMR or also pilot lvl_ As a pilot I'm lvl 30 (well, everybody climb to that lvl if one just play long enough) but I'm not good in game ... die too many times (To put it simple - I suck. But I like the game.) My MMR is only around 1400.
You will notice better fights that are in your range...as you get better you will move up in your mmr and then be paired with better fighters in your range of mmr.....
BTW your ranked based on both of these and other mechanics a Devs can better explain....Either way it figures out a good place for you to get a good experience on the field with player best suited for your Level of play....

Edited by LONEDEADWOLF, April 23 2014 - 10:25 PM.

#18 McMatt

McMatt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationStar Citizen

Posted April 23 2014 - 11:27 PM

Thanks for answer LoneDeadWolf.

MSI Z87-G43 | i54670K@3400 | 8192 Mb DDR3 @ 1866Mhz | Gigabyte Nvidia GTX760 OC Windforce 3x rev2.0 2Gb |

SAMSUNG SyncMaster 2433BW 24" @ 1920 x 1200 | Windows 8.1 64 bit Pro | TM T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR 5 Pro

#19 Planerunner

Planerunner

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationHere. Right here.

Posted April 24 2014 - 07:23 AM

As a higher MMR player, I stopped trying to drop into 1 star matches a week ago. For starters, players like me would come in and  level the server (to the grouuuuuuund!) and everyone would leave at the end within seconds. Not cool. Plus it ruins my MMR! We high tier players HAVE to wipe the mat with the noobs just to BREAK EVEN.

So I did what a lot of higher end players have done: expanded my friends list and coordinated with other high level players to start our own matches. Worst case: you simply drop into an existing match that someone on your friends list has already dropped in. Everyone in my matches now sticks around for several more voluntarily. Why_ Because we know how hard it is to find a decent match otherwise.

Workaround so works. WoW.

I may get fewer matches in the server browser now, but at least this problem has forced segments of the player population to be creative, communicate, and rally themselves to keep the game going in their bracket.

Posted Image

#20 palad1ne

palad1ne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Locationuninstalled

Posted April 24 2014 - 08:21 AM

No more pub stomping for you mama San xD