HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

co-op tdm

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ZyderZee

ZyderZee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMIDWEST USA

Posted April 26 2014 - 07:10 AM

I just played co-op tdm and we stomped the #$%$%^^  out of the AI, it is way to easy and not even a challenge, I doubt I play it again, I would like to see a raid style coop mission where you must fight your way through to the boss, and where you must have a good team dynamic, tanks, techs, and so forth, I know this would probably be an issue though since the game does not have global chat where you could get a good team together, any thoughts people, P.S. the AI talking in chat is funny made me laugh

Edited by ZyderZee, April 26 2014 - 07:15 AM.

#2 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted April 26 2014 - 07:20 AM

View PostZyderZee, on April 26 2014 - 07:10 AM, said:

I just played co-op tdm and we stomped the #$%$%^^  out of the AI, it is way to easy and not even a challenge

It is meant to be like that. As the devs said, it is a mode for TRYING OUT new mechs and to RELAX and have fun. If you want a challenge, go multiplayer.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#3 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 26 2014 - 07:20 AM

I just played co-op tdm and we stomped the #$%$%^^  out of the AI, it is way to easy and not even a challenge, I doubt I play it again, I would like to see a raid style coop mission where you must fight your way through to the boss, and where you must have a good team dynamic, tanks, techs, and so forth, I know this would probably be an issue though since the game does not have global chat where you could get a good team together, any thoughts people, P.S. the AI talking in chat is funny made me laugh

What, stomping like 40/20_
Try getting a 40-0, pretty fun.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#4 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 26 2014 - 07:27 AM

My mmr was near to 2500. We could not for the life of me win, we got stomped. The AI is based on your entire groups MMR, the higher the avg the harder they get. If your finding them easy, you are either too low in MMR or a decent player at best, but don't think the AI is weak it isn't. It adapts. Try playing with some high lvl friends and see if you can beat even a few bots.

When you have an mmr of 2500 the bots start using serious hacks to beat you. As well as team co-ordinated attacks on a single person in plain view. I kept getting picked on several times, I couldn't do much but go hide and repair. First time I felt useless.

Edited by Lightangel112, April 26 2014 - 07:29 AM.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#5 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 26 2014 - 07:32 AM

View PostLightangel112, on April 26 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

My mmr was near to 2500. We could not for the life of me win, we got stomped. The AI is based on your entire groups MMR, the higher the avg the harder they get. If your finding them easy, you are either too low in MMR or a decent player at best, but don't think the AI is weak it isn't. It adapts. Try playing with some high lvl friends and see if you can beat even a few bots.

When you have an mmr of 2500 the bots start using serious hacks to beat you. As well as team co-ordinated attacks on a single person in plain view. I kept getting picked on several times, I couldn't do much but go hide and repair. First time I felt useless.

They get damage buffs if the MMR gets too high.
Had it when I played with VP the day it came out.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#6 grandreaper

grandreaper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNew-Brunswick

Posted April 26 2014 - 08:09 AM

View PostLightangel112, on April 26 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

The AI is based on your entire groups MMR, the higher the avg the harder they get.

That would explain why I in my last 3 coop TDM's were (in kd) 25/0, 20/2 and 15/5
Playing with better team mates will force cooperation in the team otherwise a stomp is inevitable

#7 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 26 2014 - 08:58 AM

So they got dmg buff, aim bot, esp wall hack, coordinated attacks.
And they even know when to go and repair. I saw them in heat vision.

Edited by Lightangel112, April 26 2014 - 08:59 AM.

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#8 TTU_Phoenix

TTU_Phoenix

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted April 26 2014 - 10:12 AM

I just want to say that the bot's quotes and banter in match and at the end (they even complain about matchmaking if they lose by enough) is one of the most adorable things I have ever seen.

#9 AmpliFIRE

AmpliFIRE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted April 27 2014 - 12:54 PM

Spoiler

View PostMeraple, on April 26 2014 - 07:20 AM, said:

What, stomping like 40/20_
Try getting a 40-0, pretty fun.

Jup, this was kinda fun.
Humans stomped them hard.
http://www1.minpic.d...y=40120527

Edited by AmpliFIRE, April 27 2014 - 12:54 PM.

#10 SciFox

SciFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted April 30 2014 - 12:41 AM

Usually unbelievably boring faceroll but played with a few people with high MMR today and holy jumpin jesus christ those bots got hard.

SS bot on bunker at a high MMR is just f***in stupid.

#11 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 02:35 AM

View PostSciFox, on April 30 2014 - 12:41 AM, said:

Usually unbelievably boring faceroll but played with a few people with high MMR today and holy jumpin jesus christ those bots got hard.

SS bot on bunker at a high MMR is just f***in stupid.
When the MMR is high enough, that sniper bot, oh my days. My mates hate him, I actually hate the rocketeer. Them volleys come from nowhere! O_O.

#12 HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 11:02 AM

Coop TDM is all I ever play. It's the closest to thing to early Hawken. Match flow is steady and methodical. Low tier mechs are useful because they don't have a ridiculously high skill floor. Why can't PvP be like this_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users