HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Composite armor - My thought's - have been running it about 2 weeks

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted May 20 2014 - 06:18 PM

Spoiler
I'm going to sound really stupid for saying this, but I don't like running this internal because this exact reason. While its not as bad as the walking bomb internal that thankfully never saw its way out of closed testing, Its still something that rewards dieing; and much like the internals that reward killing or taking damage, I just don't feel like it belongs. Call me crazy but I rather have it give 5% or less flat extra armor buff rather than + 15% for making a mistake.

#22 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted May 21 2014 - 12:54 AM

View Postninjab3ta, on May 20 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on May 07 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

To me, this internal feels like a crutch. Rewards you for dying, which isn't a mindset I like to have in the game. Personally, I don't like it very much, and I'd rather put something else in that one slot. That being said, if you're new to the game and your struggling, it can help you as a kind of training wheels.

For TDM this is certainly a crutch-style internal, but for objective game-modes, it can help out your team as a whole. Not to say running in guns blazing and dying is a good thing, but sometimes a brave pilot must sacrifice himself for the good of his (or her) team. Plus, since it effectively increase your Armor percentile-wise, it's really only meant for the bulkier mechs that are already partially used as damage-soaks anyway.

Hmm, point. I will think about this running my Vanguard

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users