HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

WEAPON STATS: DAMAGE OR DPS

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: DAMAGE OR DPS (23 member(s) have cast votes)

change weapon stats to actual damage reading or leave them as damage per second _

1. DAMAGE (16 votes [69.57%])

Percentage of vote: 69.57%

2. DPS (7 votes [30.43%])

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 error_0x00000000

error_0x00000000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 11:16 PM

i prefer the actual damage per shot...

Edited by error_0x00000000, May 01 2014 - 11:17 PM.

#2 Frisbee_Player

Frisbee_Player

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationDefinitley not wasting my time on the computer when its nice out...

Posted May 02 2014 - 03:25 AM

I think both should be shown, because some weapons, like the flak cannon, have a low firerate but a great burst, so its more helpful to know its damage... At the same time the vulcan does very little damage per shot, but has a great firerate, so its more helpful to know DPS. It really just depends on the weapons and your playstyle.

Edited by Frisbee_Player, May 02 2014 - 03:25 AM.

#3 ValkMight

ValkMight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted May 02 2014 - 03:31 AM

Well there are excel charts all over the internet showing everything from damage per bullet, DPS, damage per burst (shotgun weapons), fire-rate and the most recent chart I found even shows the timing taken to kill using a specific weapon (assuming all projectiles hit their mark).

But yes, although they already did revamp the stat system, for me, it doesn't really show anything except rough stats that don't even apply to an actual mech fight where everyone is dodging everywhere and shots don't always land.

I'm sure a better table would be
Effective DPS, damage per shot/burst, shots/s, rough heat production, etc.

And even if the team doesn't want to reveal actual numbers, they can do a rating of 1-10 based on all these variables instead of the very sketchy rough idea we have now of just one word "damage" (which I still have trouble figuring out if it means DPS or DPburst/hit or just the overall damage potential of the weapon)
Need more HC!!!
So darn broke :(

#4 renynzea

renynzea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted May 02 2014 - 05:24 AM

I would like to see what is in the afore mentioned excel charts in the game.  Game changes a lot.  Would be nice to be able to see the stats in the game without having to go to an external resource.

#5 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted May 02 2014 - 06:47 AM

View Postrenynzea, on May 02 2014 - 05:24 AM, said:

I would like to see what is in the afore mentioned excel charts in the game.  Game changes a lot.  Would be nice to be able to see the stats in the game without having to go to an external resource.

[Sheet 1], [Sheet 2] Check between both to make sure numbers aren't off on some things.
Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#6 error_0x00000000

error_0x00000000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 12:50 PM

yeah my point was to make it easier for a new player

so one doesn't have to hunt down black market weapon data on the internet

hahaha

comparing DAMAGE to RATE OF FIRE would yield a rough DPS

i just think the current stat neglects RANGE so it is inaccurate when considering some weapons

shotgun vectors, explosive radius et cetera

not 1-10... 1-100 DAMAGE rating per shot would be more intelligent if they don't want to give actual values

#7 Thorium123

Thorium123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted May 02 2014 - 03:03 PM

I have to say, I have noticed that the assault rifle does seem to do better than the submachine cannon, even though the submacine cannon has better stats.
Thus DPS would be difficult to measure. Also does effective range make a actual difference, or is it just te game designers saying that it is only accurate up to here_

#8 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted June 25 2014 - 11:31 PM

Tea if u use a vulcan jus pont up u will still get the target

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users