HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Recommendations on Reaper Loadout_

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sabrehawk90

sabrehawk90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 04:29 PM

I got a reaper recently and currently have an internal set of Adv. Fuser/Evasive/B.Deflector. I did some research recently and found that the Fuser might not be worth as much on A Classes. So what internal set would you think is more worth my time for a mainly stationary/ground reaper_

-I'm definetely keeping the evasive device and at least a basic deflector.
-I'm thinking something along the lines of Evasive/B.Deflector/Composite/Extractor(I often go for EU) or Evasive/Deflector/Extractor
-No air compressors. That would be negative to the sniper play style.

Just want some input/thoughts from the more experienced players out there.

#2 mittens800

mittens800

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 08:04 AM

Deflectors / Extractor / AC is what I have.  Reaper is mobile so... use it.
If not then just go Extractor / Repair Kit / Deflectors

If you are not moving, why aren't you using SS instead_  It's way better if you are just sitting there (which is a terrible strategy in general).

#3 sabrehawk90

sabrehawk90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 11:31 AM

Erm, alright.

I'm just thinking, air compressor might not be that useful since I'm going to be trying to aim instead of going into conflict against an enemy in the air, which is what should I use my berserker for. If I want to be mobile, there's a higher chance of me just dodging on ground into cover/around an enemy. IMO, it's not worth using air compressor to dodge in air while you can achieve the same thing on ground unless you're going for a specific purpose such as air combat, which the reaper should not be suited for as a sniping mech. I just won't use it that often given my playstyle.

View PostAmisto, on April 29 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

I will elaborate, if you have air dodge, it generally makes you want to jump in the air at every engagement and start air dodging, as opposed to not having them, you stay back a bit more and stay near cover a hell of a lot more, both are ways to mitigate damage, the latter helps you be more cautious, which for me is good.  I love jumping in and getting the bullets flying, not having compressor helps me curtail this bad habit, not to mention I can take composite armor + deflectors + fail safe + extractor on my infil which is actually pretty good.
Reaper 'Tis not meant for air engaging.

Edited by sabrehawk90, May 05 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#4 TTU_Phoenix

TTU_Phoenix

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 01:59 PM

I use Deflectors, Repair Kit, and Power Surger.  Deflectors seem really good on Reaper (like a lot of A-classes), and I use the RPR, so I'm fighting closer than other Reapers.  I prefer the Repair Kit over the Extractor, and I wanted something to buff my healing (I usually use the Advanced Armor Fusor).  When I first started playing the Reaper, I found myself using orbs a lot, so I went with the Repair Kit.  I considered the Evasive Device, but I've been satisfied with the Power Surger before, so I went with that.  It's not a huge deal, but the extra speed can help for escaping or chasing down a fleeing enemy.

#5 sabrehawk90

sabrehawk90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 03:09 PM

View PostTTU_Phoenix, on May 05 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

When I first started playing the Reaper, I found myself using orbs a lot, so I went with the Repair Kit.
Ah, you see I don't usually play TDM as much as I play siege due to the large difference in the potential xp I can rack up, so I don't run into repair orbs as often as EU orbs. I usually prefer internals that apply to both TDM and siege, so I won't have to worry about it only working in a certain gamemode.

Thanks for the input though.

#6 ninjab3ta

ninjab3ta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 06:06 AM

Perhaps a replenisher_ If you use the ability a lot, it helps a ton.

#7 TTU_Phoenix

TTU_Phoenix

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 08:17 AM

View Postninjab3ta, on May 08 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

Perhaps a replenisher_ If you use the ability a lot, it helps a ton.

I considered the Replenisher, but I don't use Precision Overdrive that much except if I find myself in a knife fight.  That said, a really aggressive Reaper player could get a lot of use out of the ability, so it certainly seems viable.

#8 Frisbee_Player

Frisbee_Player

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationDefinitley not wasting my time on the computer when its nice out...

Posted May 08 2014 - 01:23 PM

I use reaper for cqc waaaay more than I do for sniping, its too mobile to just park it in a corner and snipe, SS is way better for that.

Here's my loadout:
Primary:
hawkins RPR

Items:  
Sheild MK II - to be used for getting away, and to put on C's so you can play peek-a-boo with them
Scrambler MK II - suggested for any A mech IMO, is helpful for getting away and for fighting

Internals:
Shock Coil- fall damage is annoying as hell
Basic Deflectors- so is getting hit by a TOW when dodging
Basic Extractor- as is getting killed because you took too long at an orb
Basic Reconstructor- nice to have a bit of health regen if you are running
Armor Fusor- very useful in cqc to have constant health regen

As I said I go cqc, so my loadout reflects that. It can be good as a front-line sniper with the slug too though.
As a side note, I'm fully ranked with reaper, and I find it to be a less than adequate sniper, even with the slug rifle it lacks the punch that SS has, its more suited to skirmishing/ assassination. The Hawkins also makes it very good for every range (sorta like the bruiser with the vulcan and hellfires) so you can go cqc, but still pick people off from far away if you need to.

Edited by Frisbee_Player, May 08 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#9 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted July 18 2014 - 06:38 PM

AC, Extractor, Deflectors
mk3 Repair charge
mk1 shield

Slug

or

AC, Fuel convertor, Deflectors
mk2 emp, mk2 repair charge

Slug

I usually play a lot of mid-range but enjoy closing in on my targets if it's worth it.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#10 TheConfusedImp

TheConfusedImp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Today, 12:07 PM

View PostFrisbee_Player, on May 08 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

I use reaper for cqc waaaay more than I do for sniping, its too mobile to just park it in a corner and snipe, SS is way better for that.

Here's my loadout:
Primary:
hawkins RPR

Items:  
Sheild MK II - to be used for getting away, and to put on C's so you can play peek-a-boo with them
Scrambler MK II - suggested for any A mech IMO, is helpful for getting away and for fighting

Internals:
Shock Coil- fall damage is annoying as hell
Basic Deflectors- so is getting hit by a TOW when dodging
Basic Extractor- as is getting killed because you took too long at an orb
Basic Reconstructor- nice to have a bit of health regen if you are running
Armor Fusor- very useful in cqc to have constant health regen

As I said I go cqc, so my loadout reflects that. It can be good as a front-line sniper with the slug too though.
As a side note, I'm fully ranked with reaper, and I find it to be a less than adequate sniper, even with the slug rifle it lacks the punch that SS has, its more suited to skirmishing/ assassination. The Hawkins also makes it very good for every range (sorta like the bruiser with the vulcan and hellfires) so you can go cqc, but still pick people off from far away if you need to.

"and to put on C's so you can play peek-a-boo with them" Was scrolling along looking over your post and noticed that. So true. Gave me a chuckle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users