HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How do you fight the following

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 hibachihotsauce

hibachihotsauce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 12:23 PM

1. Incinerator
2. Techncian
3. Technician+ anything
4. Bruiser

Primarily the incinerator, i cant fight it at any range, and its too tanky to kill quickly from behind

#2 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 12:29 PM

View Posthibachihotsauce, on May 08 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

1. Incinerator
2. Techncian
3. Technician+ anything
4. Bruiser

Primarily the incinerator, i cant fight it at any range, and its too tanky to kill quickly from behind
1: Depends on the weapon they're using:
  • Peekaboo for BBY user
  • Somewhat peekaboo for PPA user and try to keep your distance to limit the PPA's effectiveness due to the spread and it makes SAARE easier to dodge, generally you don't want to face a good PPA user head on or you'll get shredded.
  • Move around as much as possible for M4MA to try and make it as hard as possible for them to lead their shots
2: Rush the Tech unless you're an A mech it's squishy as hell
3: Kill tech first unless "anything" has very little HP
4: Getting upclose and personal tends to limit the effectiveness of hellfires. Peekaboo works well as well.

#3 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 12:34 PM

Emp the incin, kill the tech first.

For brusier, don't fight them when they have the terrain advantage.  Wide open spaces are bad for you and good for hellfires.

#4 stinkinglamb44

stinkinglamb44

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationThe killcam

Posted May 08 2014 - 01:06 PM

For the bruiser, stay in very close quarters to limit the effectiveness of hellfires, but never stand still in front of them or the vulcan will get you. dodge to the side or behind them and tickle them from there.
I'm winning.

#5 Kdansky

Kdansky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted May 12 2014 - 01:29 PM

You fight techs by leaving the game. If the game dies, the devs have to act and fix that broken class. Possibly whining in the forums more might help. I'm trying these two approaches right now, with a backup plan of going back to other games.

On a "serious" note: You can't win against a team of techs and Incinerators without doing the exact same and/or outplaying them hard, like the suggestions you already got. It's like playing against a boss character in a fighting game.

You could make a new F2P account and just smurf in lower rankings, where there are fewer techs.

Edited by Kdansky, May 12 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#6 Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted May 12 2014 - 02:30 PM

Raider can one-shot or almost one-shot a tech (can't remember). Blitz him from the side or behind, then flee when he's dead. Leave your team to clean up whatever he had attached himself to. SS can also chunk him down or kill him.

One of Incinerator's bigger weaknesses is the gun spin. If you can force him to boost or otherwise get his guns spun down (emp as mentioned), he's useless for about 3 seconds. Break engagement when he gets spun back up. Repeat to death.

Also, numbers advantage is often trump card. Fight when you are up mechs, disengage when you are down.

Edited by Hyginos, May 12 2014 - 02:35 PM.

On second thought let's not go to #hawkenscrim. Tis a silly place.
Watch me pretend to be good at Hawken (Twitch).
...And recordings thereof (Youtube)

#7 OblivionNecroninja

OblivionNecroninja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted May 12 2014 - 02:32 PM

WORD OF WARNING: I'm kinda new. But I'm gonna say how I deal with those things anyway:

1. I'm the only Incinerator I've ever seen at the levels I play at. So far, the things that seem to kill me the most are
a. being alone.
b. Getting snuck up on by a Tech or Raider.
c. Attrition, especially in combination with b.

2. I deal with lone Techs the same way I deal with all small mechs. Spray and pray
3. Target the tech, rain down as much death as possible. Usually they either die or run.

4. Never fought a bruiser.

#8 Axanael

Axanael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationEarthbound

Posted May 12 2014 - 09:37 PM

1. Incinerator
2. Techncian
3. Technician+ anything
4. Bruiser

1. Up in their face with Scout Mini-Flak
2. Up in their face with Scout Mini-Flak
3. Form my own deathball with the team with Rocketeer
4. Up in their face with Scout Mini-Flak

#9 ValkMight

ValkMight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted May 12 2014 - 11:45 PM

1. Incinerator
2. Techncian
3. Technician+ anything
4. Bruiser

As a reaper

1) Slug KE till he dies, repeat.
2) Slug KE till he runs, techs don't stay long enough for me to kill, repeat.
3) Slug KE the tech till he runs, slug KE the anything.
4) Stay far and slug KE, dodge into cover when hellfires come. OR stay near and RPR KE while trying to stay in the blind side/turning speed cap of bruiser to avoid his primary. Hellfires are close to useless at CQC. If found at mid range, go into the other 2 ranges or face death (assuming good bruiser player)
Need more HC!!!
So darn broke :(

#10 Axanael

Axanael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationEarthbound

Posted May 12 2014 - 11:48 PM

The thing you want to know about Bruiser is that it's only really good at medium range. If you're up in his face or far out, as long as he cannot utilize both his Hellfire Missiles and his Primary Weapon to the fullest extent, which is at said medium range, 9 times of 10 you should be able to out-damage and kill him.

#11 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 13 2014 - 04:15 AM

1: Snipe dead and give me twenty!
2: Have grenadier or any AoE damage monster against him. Also depends on map.
3: Focus technician throw EMP and go for the kill but we aware off other allies of his and the healing target.
4: If you are up against good Bruiser. You can just say snipe it down or prepare to loose painfully. Good Bruisers will only lure you on the open ground by pretending they are weakened and tears you apart when finds you on the open ground.

#12 Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted May 13 2014 - 06:29 AM

View PostAxanael, on May 12 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

1. Up in their face with Scout Mini-Flak
2. Up in their face with Scout Mini-Flak
3. Form my own deathball with the team with Rocketeer
4. Up in their face with Scout Mini-Flak

A decent incin will melt a scout before he can mini-flak anything. Unless you are a substantially better pilot than the incin, and you catch him alone, the incin wins that matchup.
On second thought let's not go to #hawkenscrim. Tis a silly place.
Watch me pretend to be good at Hawken (Twitch).
...And recordings thereof (Youtube)

#13 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 13 2014 - 08:31 PM

Kill the medic first  second dule eoc the incinerater fron behind when occupied with others.  sharp shooter , reaper can help out. if all else fails  atackon at least two directions. incinerater were never a problem for me most are running pappa and emp stops them dead .... then they have 3 or 4 seconds before they can shoot this is plenty of time to  kill them .

Edited by Source_Mystic, October 13 2014 - 08:32 PM.

#14 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted October 13 2014 - 08:58 PM

Touch yourself and hope for the best.

Posted Image

#15 PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationWestern Wisconsin

Posted October 14 2014 - 08:05 AM

1.  Play any mech, get close, launch EMP with your first strike at once.  If you don't get kill fast, back off and avoid the slow saares until he             dissapears to heal. Then kick him while he's down.
2. Techs will usually try to facehug you, back away so you can get AOE damage without hurting yourself.
3.  Potshot at tech while you're running away. If they give chase, lead them to teammates.
4.  Bruiser is scrub mech, play peekaboo so you can tow/GL/EOCP without getting chewed up by a vulcan.  Dodging hellfires is easy.

With any of these pieces of advice you can play patient and slowly work it out to your advantage.  Staying alive is always important.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users