HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Front line makes for really really bad Siege matches

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pixues

Pixues

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 03:04 PM

There is one major thing that this map needs to get rid of.

It's the AA.

Posted Image

This thing is creating an immense advantage on the defense side, the side that is currently controlling the AA.

The defending team can easily take cover with this, while the team on offense would have to cross half the map or more to attack the ones taking cover.

I've been on both sides, offense and defense.
On defense, this allows for a heavy mech to have 360 rotation freedom while it's back is covered in turret mode at all times.
We had a healer in our team and other heavies standing around.
It felt extremely one sided. The enemy team couldn't get close.
Distant attacks from the enemy did little because of turret mode. (plus the tech).

For all anyone cares the AA itself can stand on the roof of another building. While the control point remains where it is now.

Posted Image

Mechs can take cover underneath the bride, being provided with great cover, but will have a harder time to attack from there, and will be easier to ambush or attacked with aoe weapons.
If Mechs stand on the bridge they have more offensive capabilities without the safety of quick cover.

The AA is too big of an advantage for the defending team.

Edited by Pixues, May 08 2014 - 03:59 PM.

#2 Hocisern

Hocisern

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque NM

Posted May 08 2014 - 03:32 PM

This suggestion is 2 parts awesome and 8 parts brilliant. Do it.

#3 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted May 08 2014 - 04:07 PM

Sure, so long as they change the placement of the AA silo on every map and not just Frontline. I wouldn't mind that.

Edited by nokari, May 08 2014 - 04:07 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted May 08 2014 - 05:14 PM

dat chop skillz, bravo Sir.

Posted Image

#5 arthoud

arthoud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted May 09 2014 - 08:26 AM

You could weaken the AA on the maps making for a longer game_

I like your suggestions, just putting more out there.

#6 Mawnkey

Mawnkey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDirectly Behind You

Posted May 10 2014 - 03:37 AM

Or you could not move it and make standing within a certain range of the silo during launch result in splash damage. This would make holding AA a more dangerous activity and retain the current theme of capturing the silo itself by being physically next to it.

Not disagreeing with Pixues, mind you. Just thinking of an alternative method that might work with an idea (being near the thing you're capturing) that designers might want to keep for one reason or another. I like your thinking though; weakening the defensive team a bit wouldn't be a bad idea.

#7 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted May 10 2014 - 01:31 PM

No it's fine, add more cover to AA in Last Eco. That's what needs modification.

Posted Image

#8 kazuya989

kazuya989

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationDisguissed as Ninja_Goat

Posted May 12 2014 - 03:18 AM

The real issue is VOIP not working, (Dev's ARE working on it, but its not an easy fix at all unfortunately)

It's EASY for an un-coordinated team to stand at the AA defending,  Its HARD for an un-coordinated team to attack the AA.

All AA's are vulnerable to a co-ordinated attack from multiple directions, but without voice comms its very hard to pull off correctly.

On Frontline itself, you can attack from the bridge at your base side, the main highway bridge, bakery tunnel and left or right paths next to bakery tunnel.

The AA gun isn't the problem, its the current difficulty of communicating to your team.  

The video link below is me on Front line siege, in a Technician, there is a part at 15:30 where my team would not push into AA, in the end I had to go in first and engage a Raider in my Tech, before my team would follow in, they did and we took the AA.

The AA gun wasn't the issue, and they should be left in place as a visual cue for where people need to go.

check out my uTube page

for videos of Hawken gameplay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users