HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

CR-T Recruit and Assault need differentiation! Ideas_

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DiesInMud

DiesInMud

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Locationat the cookie jar

Posted May 09 2014 - 09:26 AM

Hey all.
Now I have been playing Hawken quite a while [80 hours, being level 29] and have of course learned to play reasonably good. (Quite far from pro, though.)
I so far own the CR-T Recruit, the Brawler, the Technician and the Infiltrator. Everyone of them has a different role to play. And that's fun! ;)
Only when lately the Assault was on Test Drive I tried it and felt it was just a Recruit 1.5 Version.

And this is kinda bad, because you always want more and different mechs of course, but buying the Assault would (thats how I feel) make the CR-T Recruit completely obsolete.

This is also reflected in-game. Whenever I play the Recruit and am confronted with an Assault in 1v1 CQC its two different mechs using the exact same tactic and playstyle only that the enemy Assault will probably survive by a few points, because of its higher health and speed.

Now, I don't want you dev's to buff the Recruit to make them equal. (That would make even less sense.)
But just make them different. Like the Assault having lower health and higher speed (in that way intensifiyng its ambush character) and the Recruit having higher health and lower speed or perhaps vice versa.
Or maybe something completely new in terms of abilities, weapons, or something like that.
Do you guys have any ideas_ :)

View PostDr_Freeze001 said:

[...] the best way to survive is not get shot, and you make them not shoot you by shooting them first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users