HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Developer Stream: Fight Club All Stars Tournament

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Fragmastah

Fragmastah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted May 09 2014 - 07:06 PM

is there free mc giveaway_

#22 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted May 09 2014 - 07:28 PM

Great fights everyone.  Had a lot of fun.  

Cheers
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#23 Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted May 09 2014 - 08:22 PM

Missed this
Posted Image

#24 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted May 09 2014 - 10:16 PM

View PostXacius, on May 09 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Didn't EU already have a fight club_  Either way, how do you expect them to manage that_  We're working on Central or West.  Could do East, I suppose, but you guys would still have 110-160ms.  That's just not feasible.

ANd that's the thing, we from Europe would LOVE to play against US-players (or atleast against someone outside EU) because from time to time we get to know who is the best player on EU ... we wanta world championship ... with a decent ping.

SCIENCE! Go develope some hyper glass fibre cable so we have 20 ms at USW and USE servers!

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#25 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted May 09 2014 - 11:21 PM

Didn't EU already have a fight club_
We have our own Fight Club, but the devs never supported it with anything when we asked them. Priorities™

Edited by Houruck, May 09 2014 - 11:58 PM.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#26 Aims

Aims

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted May 09 2014 - 11:28 PM

Apparently I need to pay more attention to the news and announcements, those brackets look epic.

#27 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted May 10 2014 - 12:01 AM

None of us wanted to be the guy who ruins the party, but, it's obvious that the EU community lacks dev support, I do know they don't have a lot of time, due to the amazing effort they're putting in, releasing patch after patch (I LUV YOU DEVS), but I'm sure on a nice sunday,at around 3 PM EST (about 8 PM for us), they could host a similar competition, it will be just epic.

I'm not selfish, we're not selfish, myself, I don't really care if I get to participate or not, but what we actually want is the recognition ... such things will keep pushing us to stay active in the community, and we clearly can sense some kind of marginalization. There were MANY dev streams (a good thing btw, we all like it) but did any EU player participate in one of them, please correct me if I'm wrong. You can't really keep playing the "high ping no good" card. If you invite EU players, they will be so happy and they will never give a damn to ping or time or whatever. I mean, come on.

Again, IMO, our community is one, whatever helps or entertains any part of the community, is something we all appreciate, we're like a big family, but if -in that family- you prefer one member on the others, it will be a little problem.

I hope in next opportunities, the developers could take some time, and try to support the EU events, that will bring more attention to them, and encourage the players. I do know that it could potentially happen after this discussion.

At the very end, I hope everyone enjoyed their time. Congrats to xacius, but he must be banned from the competition, here's why: According to Aregon, "So long there is a Xacius you will never be the best at anything."

Posted Image

#28 Rajitha

Rajitha

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationSri Lanka / 6.9167° N, 79.8333° E

Posted May 10 2014 - 02:48 AM

Hehehe give the devs a break guys, they can't participate in eu servers or vice versa in a competitive manner because of the ping. It won't exactly be fun to watch unless you happen to love watching hits not registering :P

You might argue that they could just host matches like this, but even that can't be that simple with the timezone differences and then those of us in Asia and Oceania would say It's unfair if they don't host one in our regions as well (12+ hour time difference). You get the point. So It's logical that they host in their own region for starters considering time and resources (human resources included). Besides afaik these twitch streamed tournaments don't expose the game to many (if any) potential new players, so it shouldn't be high priority anyway :)

Core i5-3470 | Corsair 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB | Gigabyte B75M-D3H | Seasonic 520W
Siege Tutorial | Hawken In Asia (gameplay videos) | South Asia/Southeast Asia Community
HAWKEN ASIA STEAM COMMUNITY!

#29 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted May 10 2014 - 03:59 AM

View PostRajitha, on May 10 2014 - 02:48 AM, said:

You might argue that they could just host matches like this, but even that can't be that simple with the timezone differences and then those of us in Asia and Oceania would say It's unfair if they don't host one in our regions as well (12+ hour time difference)

I get it, but it's wrong, between 1 PM est, and 5 PM est, EU players from all timezones can be available for this, that time is pretty convenient for both US players and EU players, and the African me. lol ...

Posted Image

#30 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted May 10 2014 - 04:33 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on May 10 2014 - 03:59 AM, said:

View PostRajitha, on May 10 2014 - 02:48 AM, said:

You might argue that they could just host matches like this, but even that can't be that simple with the timezone differences and then those of us in Asia and Oceania would say It's unfair if they don't host one in our regions as well (12+ hour time difference)

I get it, but it's wrong, between 1 PM est, and 5 PM est, EU players from all timezones can be available for this, that time is pretty convenient for both US players and EU players, and the African me. lol ...
Let us leave it to AJK guys. I will that my OP was a result of being up waaay too long for my own good without getting any food or coffee.

I am sorry if I offended anyone.
I`ll fix it later.

#31 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted May 10 2014 - 09:06 AM

View PostHouruck, on May 09 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

We have our own Fight Club, but the devs never supported it with anything when we asked them. Priorities™

Priorities means:

- not having enought resources to cover much content
- not having enought members in the HWK team to release updates with conent and NEW stuff, no G2 jokes.
- beeing under time pressure, leaving out important stuff
- NOT BEEING SUCCESSFUL!

._.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#32 Muffintrumpet

Muffintrumpet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted May 12 2014 - 04:58 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on May 09 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

But this one has S9 and devs ... the EU fightclub had a very small number of people watching compared to the number that will be watching this tourney tonight.
very small number of EU players still play Hawken
newsflash: Hawken isn't doing well and it's doing even worse outside of the US so there is some sense trying to consolidate around what currently works, and when that house is in order /then/ see about fixing up another one

"To the untrained eye this chart may indeed appear to demonstrate a steep and sustained downward trend; however, what you're actually seeing is the line being dragged down because of the strengthening gravitational pull of a player base that is actually increasing in density.  Rest assured, this is all going completely according to plan."

#33 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted May 12 2014 - 07:47 AM

View PostHouruck, on May 09 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

What happened to the devs that played in the EU_ I haven't seen one since around Gamescon Germany last year. One of my peeps said he came accross one doing tutorials back in October, but no signs since.
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users