HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hey Guys, a newbie bought all dlcs wants opinion... where to start...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TIMEULA

TIMEULA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 11 2014 - 06:34 PM

Hey Guys, a newbie find this game attractive, and bought a lot of dlcs wants opinion...

i am afraid to have bad statistics... dont know where to start...

The dlcs i bought so far:
HAWKEN - Battle Brigade Bundle
HAWKEN - Initiative Bundle
HAWKEN - Mercenary Bundle
HAWKEN - Nemesis Bundle
HAWKEN - Prosk Starter Bundle

might i have some opinions... welcome and hope to make good friends and good gaming experiences.

PS: I also played in the AIRMECH and STAR CONFLICT, join me there if you want

Attached Files

#2 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted May 11 2014 - 07:03 PM

Welcome!
click the 'which mech' link below. it'll give you some guidance on what to start driving first.
generally, just aim, dodge (this is imperative!) frequently, stick to cover, and in a team-based game mode, Stay With Your Teammates!
Hit what you shoot at, Keep Moving (to sit is to die), hide when necessary, and Stay With Your Teammates!
You'll read a lot of How-To threads here, but that's about what it all boils down to overall.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#3 TIMEULA

TIMEULA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 12 2014 - 06:12 AM

I just disappointed for the market mechanism in the game...

by the way, i see G2 series is coming, i think there will be more mech coming
i will change my focus from STAR CONFLICT to this game from my prenium in that game finish within next 49 days

and i hope this game will be fabulous later
and i will repeat to train myself to adapt this game...

i think this game is great without counting its market mechanism
even BETTER THAN CS GO especially when concerning the CONTROLS

i hope the next dlc will not repeat previous ones... PLEASE! focus on new mech only
i hope the next patch will make user selling their mech even make need sell at a discount

#4 Mawnkey

Mawnkey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDirectly Behind You

Posted May 13 2014 - 02:06 PM

Even if you've unlocked a lot of stuff up front, spend some time in the beginner mech (CR-T Recruit). If you absolutely don't want to do that, then the Assault is probably your second best option. These are the most balanced mechs in the game, giving you a good feel for how things work and letting you be useful to any team you join in any game mode. Also, with a full rack of internals and items, you'll find yourself coming back to these mechs any time you need to fill a balanced role in a team. They're flexible, useful, and fun to play.

Once you've gotten a feel for the game, definitely go to Saturnine's guide for mechs. It provides a lot of insight and lets you know what you're getting in to before you ever strap in to a particular mech. Most of all though, just experiment and have fun. I've unlocked all but... uhhh... I think 3 or 4 mechs so far, and I'm having fun with every one I try. Searching for the play style that fits you means you should just give each mech a shot and see what works. :-D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users