HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Unexpectedly rediscovered this game

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ashcan

Ashcan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 12 2014 - 08:16 AM

Howdy folks, Ashcan here. I'm just a casual player that can only fit in a couple hours every other day, but I love this game. Been playing it a few weeks now and figured I'd introduce myself on here.

Now, I'd heard about Hawken early last year, but I was hunting for a game to play with my Mac buddy. His Windows partition was acting up and he didn't want to deal with it. So we moved on.

A few weeks ago, I was browsing through a tabletop game store (remember those_) and something caught my eye. Hawken: Real-Time Card Game. I was baffled, intrigued, and found myself walking out $15 lighter with that excited feeling in your gut when you find some hidden gem in a trash heap.

There was a shindig at my place that night - a great opportunity to try it out. Enter an experienced Netrunner player, an obsessive sports fanatic, and the guy who just bought this game on a lark. Not only was fun had by all, but it was so well balanced that the old standby rotation of "next person plays winner" kept three very different players entertained all evening. I don't see any discussion about it here, but in short, I highly recommend it for those times you can't be at a computer or just need to disengage.

And in the box was $5 of HC... so, finally, here I am.

Cheers.

#2 Wi2P

Wi2P

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location.. Recalculating ..

Posted May 12 2014 - 09:16 AM

Welcome to the forums, Ashcan. Good to have you. :)

And I need to try this card game! ^^

#3 hatterkiller

hatterkiller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationWhere you least expect me

Posted May 12 2014 - 05:18 PM

Welcome to the forums,
and Like Wi2P, I need to get that card game!

Beware....

Posted Image

My Blog

Youtube Page

#4 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted May 13 2014 - 01:24 PM

Lovely!  Another player.  Well, I'd totally want to try that card game as well!  I hope you have fun in Hawken!  There's lots of tips to almost any mech around. Have fun in Illal, pilot!

#5 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 13 2014 - 03:34 PM

Be welcome, pilot! :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#6 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted May 14 2014 - 05:48 AM

Welcome aboard!

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users