HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New Brawler Pilot

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ArtificeWizard

ArtificeWizard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 12 2014 - 07:30 PM

Hello, I'm new to Hawken, and I wanted to introduce myself on the forum, as well as look for tips and advice. I've been loving this game ever since I started, I've actually played roughly 27 hours at this point already, and purchased myself the Brawler, which I'm trying hard to become effective with, as I love the design of the C-Classes, but the Rocketeer, Grenadier and Incinerator all seem a little more suited to various forms of fire support, though also fun. The Vanguard seems like a fun mech to try as well, but then, it isn't the Brawler, not to mention, I'm dirt poor.

Any advice for keeping myself positioned with a team, positioning with a Brawler using the Flak Cannon in general, and effective use of the Flak, Tow and dodging, as well as anything else you care to share would be appreciated. I've already been training myself out of the use of turret mode when using anything other than the Hawkins, as I found out quickly that it's suicidal anywhere else.

Thanks for reading, I hope I can grow into a helpful member of the community here on Hawken, and I hope to see this game grow to the full potential it has.

#2 jrkong

jrkong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 12 2014 - 10:22 PM

Small maps+peekaboo=dead enemies whenever I use the brawler. Make the best out of your burst damage and cover you have around you. Origin and Wreckage are probably the best maps to practice this on.If you're stuck in a long range engagement make your way to the nearest cover and try to close the distance between you and the enemy. Use the TOW only as suppressive fire to cover you for a bit and try to learn how to air burst so you still deal some damage if they dodge or you miss by a bit. I like the Hawkins whenever I'm stuck on an open map like Last Eco and still want to play Brawler. I'm not a Vulcan fan on the Brawler only time I'd take a Vulcan over the Flak Cannon or Hawkins would be if I'm defending the underside of the AA on Frontline.

As for positioning, remember you're a huge target so whenever you settle on a position make sure you have sufficient cover. When you are about to move toward another point try to find a route that will either keep you hidden or protected from enemy fire especially if you're using the Flak Cannon. With the SA Hawkins you don't need to worry about this as much but it's always good to keep that in mind.

The biggest key to success is knowing when to stay and when to run away. When you know you're going to be outnumbered always try to avoid the deathball and group up with your teammates first. Unlike A mechs once you go in an engagement you'll be there until the end since you won't have the speed to run away if things go wrong.

Edited by jrkong, May 12 2014 - 10:29 PM.

#3 Wi2P

Wi2P

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location.. Recalculating ..

Posted May 12 2014 - 10:43 PM

Welcome to HAWKEN, Pilot! :)

#4 kingalbert2

kingalbert2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Locationaboard the Litany of Fury

Posted May 13 2014 - 12:56 AM

fight for all your worth
Posted Image

#5 GreenEggsAndSamZ

GreenEggsAndSamZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted May 13 2014 - 01:02 PM

I'm not new but I'm struggling with C class mechs, as a mainly B class mech pilot. I can't really get used to them.

Then again, I'm playing a g2 raider.
Posted Image

#6 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted May 14 2014 - 06:27 AM

my pref is Vanguard. but if you get the teamwork aspect down well, you may fall pitifully in love with the Brawler. never, ever, Lone-Wolf with a fatboy--you can spearhead/attack with the Raiders, but the advice is the same: don't stray from your teammates--and you will become
Awe Sum
welcome aboard!

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#7 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 15 2014 - 03:57 AM

Welcome to HAWKEN, pilot! :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users