HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Possible game modes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Brycko

Brycko

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationA place in physical space

Posted May 15 2014 - 09:51 AM

A bit of an expansion/opinion of Coffee009's topic, I just wanted to simplify it and throw in the gamemodes that would a) make sense in the game and B) be possible and doable to the devs. (And a couple of modes I would like to see). My focus is to narrow down these game modes to a small list so the devs have direct community input on what gamemodes to create next.

Capture the Flag: This is being added to the game, and the devs have said this many times. It is just a bit complicated to make everything fit, and they have other visions at the moment.

King of the hill: This sounds pretty easy and basic to do, however this is similar to Siege gameplay, where it turns into a king of the hill game over the AA. Probably won't be added but it is possible.

Elimination: Is being added.

Plant the bomb: Something I would love to see, a heavy mech transporting a bomb to missile silos to destroy them and stop attacking the base. Again, reminiscent of missile assault. T'would be cool.

Defense: One team is hunkering down by their base and defending it, whilst the other is attacking it. Base turrets could be destroyed. More turrets further out into the map could be seen/used. Reminiscent of co-op (but with real players) bot destruction and could be combined with Plant the bomb. (Bomb the base). Each team could have limited deaths.  

Annihilation: TDM, but with one or more life only. Could apply to other game modes and has several rounds before the match finishes.

Protection: Your bases defenses are down, and you have to collect EU dropped from other players (upon death) to restore the shields.

This topic can be added to, and I will edit suggestions according to appropriate community feedback.

Comments_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users